dream out loud pt6

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

annj

War Child
Rosie ended up cleaning herself up a bit by the kitchen sink amonst the dirty dishes, Larry and a few of the others had come to life and Bono was talking with them.
Rosie took advantage of the situation to make a quick escape thanking Larry for letting her stay the night before disappearing out the door.
It was after 11 oclock, when she reached the house her Mother had just come down the stairs, she was glad that Sean was not about, her mother was still dressed in her grubby pink nightgown.
"Where the hell where you all night?" she demanded

"I stayed with friends because I forgot my key" Rosie replied "I am surprised you noticed I was missing" she couldn't help retorting.

"Don't you give me none of your lip madam" her mother said, "and lend me some money to buy a packet of fags, bloody Sean smoked all mine"

Rosie rolled her eyes "I don't have no money on me mam, I don't get paid till tomorrow, you already borrow 20 from me.. remember"

"Well I need a fag, I am dying for a smoke" her mother replied and decided to go back up to her bedroom to look in Seans clothing in the hope of finding some loose change.

Rosie went into the bathroom, feeling her face flush remembering the naked Edge in the bath earlier that morning.. she bet Bono would never let her live it down.. then she remembered it wouldnt really matter he and the others would be gone soon, Staring at her reflection in the mirror she suddenly felt ver heavy hearted and taking a flannel scrubbed vigoursely at her face to wash of the dirt and left over makeup, and trying to push aside her sense of being stuck in a dark hole with no way out.

Still feeling weary and tired she went to lie in her bed for a while, and slept all afternoon, it was starting to get dark again when she woke up, and for a moment she was confused, hearing the tv blaring downstairs she knew Sean was in.

She got dressed and went into the kitchen to make herself something to eat.. but the cupboards and the fridge had little in them,
and settled for a few rounds of toast her was still stomach rumbling with hunger when she left the house an hour or so later
and called round to Jason's house he would not be working tonight as he had already done the noon shift.

He was just coming out his front door as she walked up the street where he lived, when he turned and caught sight of her, he didn't look overly pleased to see her

"Well well well, I am surprised you had the nerve to turn up and face me" he drawled.
"How do ya mean?" Rosie asked then it hit her.. Sean knew about the night before. "If you are talking about last night I can explain" she told him

"Oh I bet you can" Jason replied caustically "I am sure you will have a great explantion why you were singing with U2 last night at O'shaunssey's, seems every one is talking about it, had a few in the pub this afternoon telling me how great you were performing with Bono"

The angry hurt look in his eyes made Rosies heart sink "Look I didn't do it delbertly it just happened, Bono pulled me up on the stage.. I didnt even want to do it" she told him

"I suppose they forced you to go back to Larry Mullen's flat as well" Jason snapped grimly
Rosie swore into herself.. the people around here were such blabber mouths. "Its not what you think... its a long story"
she tried to explain.

"I bet" Jason retorted "But I don't want to hear it Rosie I heard enough about you from everyone else and I get the picture.. I never thought you would betray me like this, where you all having a good laugh behind my back.. you and Bono and his cronies"
"No It wasn't like that.. I never betrayed you.. I wouldn't do that to you" Rosie protested "You gotta believe me"

"I don't know what to believe anymore" Jason told her now turning and walking down the street in a hurried stride, Rosie went after him grabbing his arm to bring him to a halt.

"Look you got to give me a chance to explain what happened, I had a lousy day yesterday when I cam in from work, Mam was missing and drunk and I went looking for her, then when I got back to the house I heard her and Sean at it, I didn't want to go into the house so I ended up in O'Shaunessy's just to get myself dried cos I was soaked with walking in the rain I didnt even know u2 were playing there till I got in.. then Bono pulled me up on the stag ... it wasn't planned"

"So you got all friendly there and then and went back to Larry's flat with him?" Jason demanded "Explain that away"

"I didn't have my key, I had nowhere else to go Larry offered to let me sleep on his sofa.. nothing happened"

"Yeah sure, do you take me for an eejit.. I don't know if I can trust you any more Rosie... I don't like being made a fool of.. I thought you cared for me more than that"

"But I do care for you.. and I never betrayed you,, in fact you don't have a clue how much I have stuck by you lately" Rosie then told him

"What is that suppose to mean?" Jason asked

"Earlier in the week when Bono had that talk to me telling me about the recording contract U2 had.. he told me his manager had watched me perform the other week and wanted me to join them.. he asked me that night to ditch you and the band and join U2... only I told him to go to hell.. because I wouldn't do that to you" she explained

"You expect me to believe that after you got up on stage with them last night" Jason's voice was filled with scorn "maybe you do want to go of with him really... thats what I think...so go with them make a fool of yourself, the only thing Bono is interested in is getting into your knickers if he hasn't already after last night.. then he'll dump you like the trash you are. but don't think you are going to play me for a fool too" he sneered

Jason might as well have slapped her across the face, she couldn't take in he refused to believe her side of the story.. even though they had been together for over a year and she had never given him cause to question her trust and loyalty, she was hurt annoyed and angry at his over reaction, it seemed she was not allowed to make one little mistake.

"I can't believe I have spent all this week defending you in front of Bono, that I was willing to give up what could have been a chance in a lifetime, because I had some sense of loyalty to you.. because I thought you cared about me, because I thought you knew and understood me.. but when it gets right down to it, this is all about your ego getting dented by your mates talking in the pub.. you are just as bad as Bono, if not worse.. at least he wants to make something of his life, and he was willing enough to give me the opportunity to get out of this hell hole you are so contented with.. thank you for opening my eyes to that reality"

"Just as I thought, its been Bono all along," Jason replied in satisfaction "I knew it deep down, did you use your singing talent to impress him in bed?"

It was the final insult, "Rosie seen red and lifted her hand and slapped him across the face, "I don't need to screw around to impress anyone with my talent" she informed him coldly.

Then turned and walked away gulping back the hurt and anger and refusing to let the threatening tears fall, something inside her had snapped.. she decided she was not going to take any more crap from anyone not Jason her Mother or Sean.. she was going to escape, if Jason wanted to think the worst of her well she might as well make it worth her while.

Walking with a determind step she made her way to Larry's flat, only faltering momentarily as she was about to knock on the front door.. but then bracing herself she did so.

When Larry opened the door he was a little surprised to find her standing there "Hey Rosie whats up, you leave something behind"
"Yeah my sanity" Rosie muttered making Larry look at her blankily

"Never mind" she then said dismissively "Actually I came to ask you if there was an extra plane ticket to London going spare.. if so can I have it"

Larry frowned "Does that mean you are coming with us after all? dammi, now I owe Bono 20 quid he said you would say yes before the week was out" he exclaimed in annoyance.

"well if thats the way you feel I will back out again" Rosie grinned

"Oh no you don't" Larry grabbed her arm and hauled her through the door "If parting with 20 punts means we get you in exchange.. I still think I come out the winner"

when you put it like that.. how can I refuse" Rosie replied laughing suddenly feeling like a heavy load had been lifted of her shoulders..she was getting out and she would not be coming back

Back
Top Bottom