Bright End of Nowhere pt 14

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

edge's girl

Acrobat
disclaimer: not at all true

They went into Paul’s “office” and he closed the door behind them.

“Now I want to know what’s going on because I hate looking like an idiot and that’s what I felt like out there.”

“Well I don’t know,” Larry said. “So I’m damn interested in knowing as well.”

The door opened and Bono and Adam shuffled in.

“You wanted to see us?” Bono asked.

“Yes,” said Paul waving them to seats. “We just had a fistfight between two of our technicians…”

“Vik and James,” Willy interjected.

Paul nodded at him before continuing. “And James was throwing around a theory that Vik could skive off work because she was sleeping with someone in the band. Now apparently she disappeared from work today and everyone so far has been letting her off the hook and I want to know why, right from the beginning.”

Bono looked at Edge and Adam looked confused.

“I don’t know anything about that. I haven’t seen her all day.”

“Ahh, so the rhythm section is ignorant so does the melody unit want to enlighten me?”

“I called her away to talk to her,” said Bono.

“About what?”

Bono looked at Edge again.

“Edge?” Paul said. “What does this have to do with Edge?”

Bono shrugged.

“All I know is that Bono said that Aislinn had been here and where ever Vik had disappeared to she’d be with Edge,” said Willy. “So I figured that there’s something going on that’s not completely necessary for me to understand so I left well enough alone.”

Paul sighed. “Edge do you feel like explaining? Right from the beginning if you would.”

Edge swallowed. “Well I guess it started when Aislinn and I split up. There was some arguments and, well, I think you all know that’s why I ended up being so depressed at the beginning of the tour.” Edge shifted uncomfortably in his seat. “I guess I might as well tell you guys everything now since I’ve been trying to avoid it for so long. I ended up being depressed enough that I started cutting myself…”

“What!” Bono exclaimed starting to rise out of his chair.

“B, shut up and let him talk,” said Adam calmly.

Edge nodded his thanks. “Somehow Vik figured it out. She read the signs or something, I don’t know exactly. She grew up in an orphanage and saw a lot of depression and stuff so she was able to figure out what was going on and confronted me about it. Ultimately I ended up talking to her and that helped pull me out of it. Then I guess she saw Aislinn here today and worried about what happened and came to find me. That’s why she left without finishing her job.” Edge looked at his feet. “And I guess that’s all there is to it.”

There was a long silence in the room before Paul cleared his throat.

“Well that was just about the last thing I was expecting. Edge I’m sorry that you went through that at the beginning of the tour and I’m even sorrier we didn’t realise.”

“That’s okay,” Edge said softly. “I didn’t want you guys to know.”

“I feel like such a jerk.” Bono said. “I was so horrible to Vik, and so horrible to you about Vik. I wish I’d realised, I should have realised.”

Edge looked up at him. “Honestly B, its okay. I didn’t want you to know. I didn’t want anyone to know. Vik just happened to realise what was going on or else I don’t think I’d have ever told anyone.”

“So what are we doing about today?” Larry asked. “Not that I don’t think what happened with Edge was important but if we fire James then people will start thinking that maybe he’s onto something.”

Paul sighed. “If you want the truth I was thinking we might have to get rid of Vik. I do keep an eye on what goes on around here and Vik looked like the easiest one to cut loose. She’s not close to anyone, and I’ve heard Bono complaining about how hard she is to get along with, however now that’s not an option.”

Adam lit a cigarette and took a long drag before speaking. “It’s going to come down to a lot of things. If this is an isolated incident then it’s easy to ignore, but if the problems persist then we’re going to have a problem. If there’s more fights between them then the best option would be to get rid of both of them, however if only James persists then we could drop him because he’s a trouble maker.” Adam looked over at Edge. “The question now becomes how much you want Vik to remain around.”

Edge was quiet for a moment. “I’d like her here. Not because of what happened at the beginning of the tour, but because she’s become a good friend.”

Bono watched Edge closely as he said that, trying not to give away that he knew Edge’s and Vik’s relationship had moved beyond friendship.

Adam nodded. “Then tell her that she needs to keep a rein on her temper, no matter what James says. If she doesn’t pursue the conflict but he does then it’s easy to get rid of him and keep her.”

“I can do that.”

Paul let out a long slow breath. “Well if that’s the plan then we’ll just have to see how it goes.”

until tomorrow everyone.

Oh I've been gone for 4 days. I was so happy to come home and be welcomed by 2 more installments :D

Great job!:up:

Back
Top Bottom