Bono's size?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

faithingrace

War Child
Okay this is my first initial post so be patient with me. I have never met Bono (or any of the band). I have read accounts of people meeting them and describing their size (i.e. stature). I just read on the Hard Rock Cafe web page that when people see Bono's snake skin suit that is on display in the Maui restaurant, they are amazed at his small size/stature. I was in Maui last year and ate twice at that Hard Rock and am now kicking my a** that I didn't look around. The point of my rambling is: to all of you who have met him (them) how would you describe his/their size? Just curious.

A couple months ago, a reporter asked Bono what he saw in the mirror and he said: "I see a 5'8 rock star." That's all I got.

Bono is physically small (5' 6"), but, as one journalist put it, "everything about him radiates largeness". Physical size is irrelevant: his heart and soul are huge.

larry is also very small. he is around the same height as bono by my guess, but has a smaller frame. I saw his close at the RNRHOF and they were tiny

i like short people...my best friend and i are short people, and so are my 3 favorite singers (Bono, Paul Simon, and a friend of mine.)

swandiver said:
I've always liked a man I can look directly in the eyes. :sexywink:

ditto :wink:

bono_mel_2001.jpg

:D

I always wondered. I unfortunately (or fortunately) was born into a family of giants. I am female and 5'11", I always look like a dork next to my average sized friends. You should have seen me in Japan, total oddity! People would come up to me and ask to have their picture taken. :laugh: I wonder how Bono would look next to me? Hopefully I will find out some day...(day dreams).:wink:

faithingrace said:
I always wondered. I unfortunately (or fortunately) was born into a family of giants. I am female and 5'11", I always look like a dork next to my average sized friends. You should have seen me in Japan, total oddity! People would come up to me and ask to have their picture taken. :laugh: I wonder how Bono would look next to me? Hopefully I will find out some day...(day dreams).:wink:

I hope you find out, too! :yes:

~spread the Bono love~
BonoLoveIntl.

:wink:

faithingrace said:

Aww. :hug:. Hey, if it makes you feel any better, my dad's taller than you. Granted, it's not by very much, but he is a few inches taller.

It's funny-in the first town I lived in, I was one of the taller kids in my school. Then in the last town I lived in, there were so many kids that were much taller than me, and I felt like a dwarf next to some of those people.

I guess it shouldn't be much of a surprise to me that I'm the same height as Bono-I'm taller than my mom by about 4 inches, and she's only a few years older than Bono.

Angela

Im 5 foot nothing to.. So i would be happy to look up to Bono and give him a kiss on a cheek.. a hug.. and then I wouldnt let go. Its never happened.. but.. someday I feel it will.

Karla

I would love to be Bono's height :lol:

Seriously, I'm 5'4" and there have been alot of times when just a couple of extra inches would have been great when trying to reach something on a high shelf :yes:

So my point is, Bono - you're tall to me :hug: and like verte76 said, he has a huge heart :love:

and actually, my driver's license says I'm 5'3" , but I'm really 5'3" and 3/4 inches, so I give myself the extra 1/4 inch :sexywink: :shifty:

u2philly said:
Im 5 foot nothing to.. So i would be happy to look up to Bono and give him a kiss on a cheek.. a hug.. and then I wouldnt let go. Its never happened.. but.. someday I feel it will.

Karla

Yes man with a big heart is right!!! Ive never seen anyone like bono,, they broke the mold.

u2philly said:
Im 5 foot nothing to.. So i would be happy to look up to Bono and give him a kiss on a cheek.. a hug.. and then I wouldnt let go.

:yes:. Ditto.

Originally posted by u2philly
Its never happened.. but.. someday I feel it will.

Karla

Mmhm. I feel that way some days, too. :).

Also, kelly, heh, my mom can relate to your high shelf problem. She's the one asking me to help get something off a high shelf for her. :p.

Angela

Back
Top Bottom