Bono on Oprah

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2isthebest

ONE love, blood, life
Just a quick heads-up I copied from Oprah.com
It's airing Tuesday, June 5th here in the U.S.

Michael Moore: The Buzz About “Sicko” Plus Oprah’s Summer Book
Total Messages: 8
New Messages This Week: 8

He's taking on a trillion-dollar industry that affects all of us—Michael Moore talks about his new film, Sicko. Then, in his first TV interview literary legend Cormac McCarthy opens up. Plus, see what Bono's up to this summer!

:sigh: Then it's gonna take a while before it airs here in Holland...

But I'm sure there will be clips of it online as well :sexywink:

Thanks for the heads-up!! :up:

My co-workers still laugh over the last time he was on Oprah. I was working until 9 pm, and my lunch break was at 4. They said they never saw anyone move as fast as me when I ran to punch out, get to the break room and watch the show!!!

BonosLil'Pal94 said:
My mom has Oprah scheduled to record every time its on. I'm sure she'll save it for me :wink:

So do I! Even if I don't watch the show, it's nice to know I have it on tape if the topic is interesting!

Can't wait to hear what the man has planned this summer, like recording a new album, writing the score for Spideyman, oh and you know that little project he has going, hmmmmm lets see, what is it??? Ummmm oh ya........saving the world?
:wink:

All I have to say is .... Thank God for BONO!:pray:

Jeannieco said:

So do I! Even if I don't watch the show, it's nice to know I have it on tape if the topic is interesting!

Can't wait to hear what the man has planned this summer, like recording a new album, writing the score for Spideyman, oh and you know that little project he has going, hmmmmm lets see, what is it??? Ummmm oh ya........saving the world?
:wink:

All I have to say is .... Thank God for BONO!:pray:

Stopping in at my house.....poolside. :drool: :giggle:

Thanks for the heads-up. I'm in need of my weekly dose of "what's new with Bono." Strange...but I always need to know what's going on with him :heart: :heart:

i hope some wonderful talented pleban can record it an upload it pleeeese for those less fortunate plebans on the other side of the world who would otherwise have to wait a year to see it aired here! :heart:

I'll bet it's to plug his issue of Vanity Fair. Here's an item on that from Women's Wear Daily:

LOVE FROM AFRICA: Bono and Vanity Fair editor in chief Graydon Carter clearly are thinking big when it comes to the magazine's Africa-themed July issue, which is being guest edited by the rock star-philanthropist. While multiple covers on magazine issues have become almost standard, Carter told The New York Times in March that he was out to do more than ever. How many more? Not five, not 10 — sources close to the title said it could publish as many as 20 different covers, all shot by Annie Leibovitz. Though it is not known who or what the covers will be, sources believe they will reflect Africa and its supporters in some way. A spokeswoman for the magazine declined to comment on the covers.

The effort is part of what Bono told The New York Times in the same March article is his goal of making the July issue "a best-selling issue of Vanity Fair, I want to make a hit record."

And insiders say Bono has been extremely hands-on throughout his tenure — editing story drafts and headlines and even giving feedback on photography. He's also been very vocal about stories he supports. Insiders describe him as a pleasure to work with, as well as smart and down-to-earth. Perhaps it helps that this isn't the first guest-editing gig he's had: Bono performed similar duties at The Independent in London and the French newspaper Libération.

While newsstand sales will determine whether or not Bono has crafted a "hit record" for the monthly, at least he won't be disappointed in the advertising. The issue will carry more than double the ad pages of the July 2006 one — 105 pages compared with 49 — and will set a record for the title's biggest July issue ever. "It's Vanity Fair, it's Bono, it's a special Africa issue — this is a very big deal. And it reflects a huge trend in the marketplace, which is social responsibility," said Edward Menicheschi, vice president and publisher of Vanity Fair. Year-to-date, ad pages are up 21.5 percent. — Stephanie D. Smith

On the promo this afternoon, there's a shot of Oprah on the phone, and she says to the camera, "I'm talking to Bono -- my boyfriend."

silvrlvr said:
On the promo this afternoon, there's a shot of Oprah on the phone, and she says to the camera, "I'm talking to Bono -- my boyfriend."

Seeing Ali beat up Oprah would be one of the highlights of my life (I don't like her very much...) :wink:

silvrlvr said:
IO: Oprah = PLEBAn

No doubt about it :lol: :giggle: Plllllleeeeease someone record and upload this *puppy eyes* :cute:

silvrlvr said:

I watched Oprah this afternoon from beginning to end and I didn't see that promo.:|

A phone call from Bono is good enough to watch on YouTube - not enough for me to take off work for.

But I'm thinking of calling sick on Thursday to watch the P8 concert on the Internet. :ohmy:

Just wishful thinking.........:bonodrum:

Back
Top Bottom