Bono Harvard Pic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oktobergirl

Refugee
gala-004.jpg

Here's what is says below the picture:

Bono is presented with a plaque that reads:

In recognition of his artistic ability and humanitarian endeavors,
the President and Fellows of Harvard College
are pleased to present this citation to

BONO

We commend your leading role in the struggle for global economic justice. From presidents to Pope,
from finance ministers to fans in the tens of millions around the globe, you rock us, move us, challenge
us, and help us to fulfill our duty to care for our fellow human beings. Your success in the world of music
is matched by your triumphs in the world of international development, where your passionate
and reasoned advocacy has brought hope and relief to the world's poorest people.

Given in Cambridge, Massachusetts, this seventh day of June in the Year of our Lord
two thousand and one, and of Harvard College the three hundred and sixty fifth.

Thanks for posting that! We saw all the pics but we never knew what it was all about, and that was important! He looks so pretty and so proud. Look at how he's giving the thumbs up while holding it, how adorable! His smile is priceless!

------------------
"I was born a MacPhisto"

There were two of these threads, one was called "where is this?" and got about 50 responses. It has all the pics in it if you want to see it! Then someone came over from EYKIW and posted a thread called "Bono and Edge at Harvard pics" with that link on it. But no one mentioned why Bono was there or what the plaque said, thank you! I never mind seeing more of those pics, they are so lovely!

------------------
"I was born a MacPhisto"

I just noticed both of those other threads have dropped off the page, so now your link will be here for the girls who weren't here the last few days so they can see it too, so it's good you posted!
smile.gif

------------------
"I was born a MacPhisto"

Originally posted by Crzy4Bono:
gala-042.jpg

LMAO!

Is the guy in the leather pants ... erm ... elevated?

------------------
Jessica

"I turn slightly and catch Bono with half a Perrier bottle in his mouth. He's sucking the thing in such a manner it would put Madonna to shame!"

"I'm very secure with the fact that I'm not black. I'm white, pink and rosy. But I've got soul."
--Bono

?We make music you can have sex to.?
--Bono

"Girls boys listen me kiss love fun drink sick kiss cuddle sex swim sea rock and rub." (from the gates of Bono's house)

Is this supposed to be imitators of all eras of Bonos? I saw them do that with Madonna once.

Originally posted by oktobergirl:

gala-004.jpg

Here's what is says below the picture:

Bono is presented with a plaque that reads:

In recognition of his artistic ability and humanitarian endeavors,
the President and Fellows of Harvard College
are pleased to present this citation to

BONO

We commend your leading role in the struggle for global economic justice. From presidents to Pope,
from finance ministers to fans in the tens of millions around the globe, you rock us, move us, challenge
us, and help us to fulfill our duty to care for our fellow human beings. Your success in the world of music
is matched by your triumphs in the world of international development, where your passionate
and reasoned advocacy has brought hope and relief to the world's poorest people.

Given in Cambridge, Massachusetts, this seventh day of June in the Year of our Lord
two thousand and one, and of Harvard College the three hundred and sixty fifth.

I had never seen these pics either, thank you so much! Bono looks so cute, the hair is all pretty and wavvvvvvvvy
biggrin.gif
Kinda looks like Acthung Bono...

------------------
Get your head out of the mud baby...

All our songs are about God or women, and we often get the two mixed up.--Bono

My strongest trait is curiosity, I'm just lifting stones, you know, opening doors. Looking out windows, around corners, up skirts...--Bono

Back
Top Bottom