Bono bullcrap???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Foadie

War Child
I read this on ShowBizIreland.com....what kind of crap are they trying to pull? Do you guys think this is possibly true?

Irish rocker Bono has admitted that he has paid to have people beaten up according to UK magazine GQ.

"It happens on and off. If I'm not drinking and someone is being a arsehole, then it's likely. I would not like to go into details. I mean it's not cool and it's not something I'm proud of, but sometimes it just happens. It has cost me a few bob along the way but I despise bullies and I was always have."

He went on, "it's one of my earliest memories, it's just probably little-guy syndrome."

Bono also admitted that he is a head butt man. "That's the specialty, the forehead. I'm famous for it."

Even within the band they have have had a few fist fights, "the Edge has tried to take me out a couple of times but in general they are non violent people."

C'mon! Thats overboard....

If memory serves me, Bono was a lil' 'tipsy' during that GQ interview ..he said quite a few interesting things!

And as for 'fistfights' among the band members, I'D PAY to see that!!!
eek.gif
eek.gif

I've always heard they've 'come to blows' on more than one occasion.

[This message has been edited by Gina Marie (edited 11-10-2001).]

Originally posted by Gina Marie:
If memory serves me, Bono was a lil' 'tipsy' during that GQ interview ..he said quite a few interesting things!

And as for 'fistfights' among the band members, I'D PAY to see that!!!
eek.gif
eek.gif

I've always heard they've 'come to blows' on more than one occasion.

[This message has been edited by Gina Marie (edited 11-10-2001).]

what? U2 mud wrestling??
icon16.gif

wahoo!! let's GO!

~juliedge (falldownjulie's alter ego)

------------------
~MoonPhisto*

"A man dreams one day to fly
A man takes a rocket ship to the skies
He lives on a star that's dying in the night
And follows in the trail, the scatter of the light"

I admire him for it and I'd do it too if I were rich. I despise bullies too. People who get their kicks trying to upset someone suck, and should be beaten up
biggrin.gif
Go Bono!

------------------
"I've been all over,
and it's been all over me!"

That was on U2Log.com quite a while ago and they said they were pretty sure it was a mutated, screwed-up twisted form of a comment he made -- basically, it's made up. I think Bono just originally said something about having fights or something, nothing of the sort that the newspaper twisted it to.
smile.gif

------------------
it's no secret that a liar won't believe anyone else

[This message has been edited by elevatedmole (edited 11-10-2001).]

He...never...shuts...up!

OMG...sometimes Bono just talks WAY too much for his own good...it totally cracks me up that Edge has tried to 'take him out' a couple times...knowing zen-like Edge, I'm sure he really had to be pushed to his limits... though I'm sure at one time or another they've ALL wanted to take Bono out at some point...Bono seems to induce strong emotions in people!
wink.gif

Originally posted by Foadie:
I read this on ShowBizIreland.com....what kind of crap are they trying to pull? Do you guys think this is possibly true?

Irish rocker Bono has admitted that he has paid to have people beaten up according to UK magazine GQ.

"It happens on and off. If I'm not drinking and someone is being a arsehole, then it's likely. I would not like to go into details. I mean it's not cool and it's not something I'm proud of, but sometimes it just happens. It has cost me a few bob along the way but I despise bullies and I was always have."

He went on, "it's one of my earliest memories, it's just probably little-guy syndrome."

Bono also admitted that he is a head butt man. "That's the specialty, the forehead. I'm famous for it."

Even within the band they have have had a few fist fights, "the Edge has tried to take me out a couple of times but in general they are non violent people."

C'mon! Thats overboard....

Mmmmmm...way I remember the article (which I own), he was admitting he's beaten people up...but paid to have someone else do it? That's not how I remember what I read.

If I were less sick and lazy, I'd go check.
biggrin.gif

Hope that at least sorta helps,
SD

Originally posted by Foadie:
It has cost me a few bob along the way but I despise bullies and I was always have."

I thought he meant that he had to pay people not to tell that he'd beaten them up, not that he actually paid to have beaten up. I highly doubt that that is true.

Originally posted by Hallelujah Here She Comes:
I thought he meant that he had to pay people not to tell that he'd beaten them up, not that he actually paid to have beaten up. I highly doubt that that is true.

LOL! He's far to macho to pay someone else to do it - I'm sure he meant paying people to shut up!
smile.gif

Originally posted by Bonoforever:
LOL! He's far to macho to pay someone else to do it - I'm sure he meant paying people to shut up!
smile.gif

Either that or he's been fined by the police.

------------------
Jessica

"Rock and roll doggie"
--Bono

"I'm very secure with the fact that I'm not black. I'm white, pink and rosy. But I've got soul."
--Bono

?We make music you can have sex to.?
--Bono

?Never trust a man who tells you it's from the heart, never trust a man smoking a cigar, never trust a cowboy or a man who wears shades.?
--Bono

Originally posted by JessicaAnn:
Either that or he's been fined by the police.

That's how I interpreted it. Fined for drunk and or disorderly conduct
icon24.gif

He's talked about "thumping" people quite a bit in interviews over the last year, and how he despises the violent part of himself but has yet to shake it.

That was in the British GQ article wasn't it? I think I found that part less disturbing than the sandals with black socks
wink.gif

Originally posted by GypsyHeartgirl:
I admire him for it and I'd do it too if I were rich. I despise bullies too. People who get their kicks trying to upset someone suck, and should be beaten up
biggrin.gif
Go Bono!

I actually agree. Go Bono
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom