Bono at The Raisa Gorbachev Foundation Third Annual Gala

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
42-20222900.jpg

Actually Bono is quite a good photographer when he wants to be. He has two books published with photos of his. One was a very limited edition very expensive collection of photos that he took in Ethiopia called "A String of Pearls". There was also an art gallery showing of those photos in Dublin I think. Also the book "On the Move" which came out last year which had the text of his National Prayer Breakfast speech was illustrated with photos that he took except for the one or two that he was in where someone else used his camera to snap shots of him. But I do think in this instance he was just goofing around so maybe he didn't actually take any pictures. Just think of the story that photographer has to tell if Bono did actually take some of the shots and they were good enough to be used.

Dana

^Doubt it...I think Edge is the photographer am I right?

Errr, actually Bono IS quite a good photographer. He loves photography and has been taking photos himself for many years. Several of his pictures got published and he also made, as Jamila said, the String of Pearls exhibition after his stay in Ethiopia. You can even see some of his pictures in the book On The Move.Many of his friends have said that Bono is a good photographer. So, yes, I guess these pictures of Ali aren't bad, I'd love to see them, too.

Actually Bono is quite a good photographer when he wants to be. He has two books published with photos of his. One was a very limited edition very expensive collection of photos that he took in Ethiopia called "A String of Pearls". There was also an art gallery showing of those photos in Dublin I think. Also the book "On the Move" which came out last year which had the text of his National Prayer Breakfast speech was illustrated with photos that he took except for the one or two that he was in where someone else used his camera to snap shots of him. But I do think in this instance he was just goofing around so maybe he didn't actually take any pictures. Just think of the story that photographer has to tell if Bono did actually take some of the shots and they were good enough to be used.

Dana

Thanks for remembering my ill-fated thread last year when the "On the Move" book came out. :sexywink:

Yes, Bono IS a good photographer as evidenced by the photos in "A String of Pearls" & "On the Move". He has an eye for effective composition in a picture. Probably comes from his artistic background in being able to compose an effective song.

What Bono isn't always good at it seems is understanding technology - working a speakerphone, driving a car, using a camera, etc.:wink:

And it was that aspect of the B-man that I was alluding to in the pic above.

Thanks for a lovely discussion.:hug:

Back
Top Bottom