Bono at Christie's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TiaraGurl

War Child
You'll have to excuse me if this is not very coherent I just got home and I am in a state of post-Bono other worldliness. I will write this into a more coherent thing but to sum up the highlights:

-I arrive at Christie's I wait.

I talk to this guy fron canada who is in town coincidentally but he leaves.

-I eventually start talking to 2 girls who are also waiting.

-The mob right outside Christie's was insane so I assessed on my own that standing on the opposite side by the NBC building also big burly dudes were kicking people off the sidewalk. So my plan was to go right up to the car when it pulled up having just the car between us (assuming that traffic/buses/lights were all going the right way)

-Papparazzi/agent smith autograph seekers were in abundance but a few true blue fans as well but I was determined to stick with my plan which i eventually shared with the two girl lili and leyla :wave: We saw Paul McGuinness pull up and go in and Gavin went in.

So at some time close to 7:30 we were waiting and waiting and an SUV pulls up and leyla said "its him!" Bono was sitting in the front passenger seat and then it happned-

The door opened
Bono slid out
we stood there
I snapped a picture
He held up his hand acknowledging us
I was like this: :shocked:
He took a step closer
Lili and leyla stepped towards him and he shook their hands and asked their names he was SO chill like no big deal and seemed happy to take the moment to acknowledge us I was like :shocked:

I could have shook his hand and I bet if I had something for him to sign he would have signed it because this all happened in about 20-30 seconds and he was not yet getting jocked by security or PR people. I just stood there like a deer in the headlights :shocked: :banghead:

I hope my lack of action does not bring shame to this online community but you have to understand this was my "first time" you were all in my thoughts the ENTIRE time esp all the PLEBA girls who have welcomed me so warmly.

:shocked:
:hyper:
:faint:

Then Bono went over near the press line and signed some stuff for the agent smith and real fans and it got a little ugly with a security guy pushing a camera out of the way etc.

Ali was there and so was guggi. It was rumored that keith richards would be there but I didn't see him.

Oh and Tom Brokaw was leaving the NBC building and the lead singer of dashboard confessional was leaving an SNL reheasal I am assuming. I took several pics but who knows if they came out. Bonbo had the Bulgari shades and a brown or purple suit I can't remember.

2004 New Years Resolution: Get fan girl tendencies under control

Wow thats one hell of a story. Pretty good idea to move away from the crowd and it paid off! So your saying that you just stared at Bono in awe without saying a word? lol next time be sure to say something even if it's just "Hi".
I can't believe this man he ALWAYS goes out of his way for fans, Bono is the nicest guy on earth.

Can you put those pics online when you get a chance?

Bono was there earlier in the afternoon as well, as I was approaching Christie's entrance to see the exhibit, Bono, Ali and Gavin Friday were exiting. Looked like he had to run, so I didn't pigeonhole but I got to say hi to him, I've met him before so I didn't really have much else to say. :) Amazing that everytime I encounter Bono and Gavin there is this sorta look of recognition from them, even though they must meet so many people and I meet Bono, at most once a year. He looked lovely as always as did Ali...Gavin looked well although I'm not diggin his hair. :reject:

This was at about 1:45-1:50pm, nobody was around and maybe six people in the gallery at the time! Anyway...:bono: :happy: :love:

Thats great!

He is one amazing man he must have the patience of a saint with us all.

I cried after I met him for the first time!!! :drool:

*jealous*

Hey Tiara...why dont ya come down to Flannerys for UF on Nov 28th? Awesome show:)

oh man...so close and yet so far!! i was there around 11:30 that morning to see the exhibit. and i passed by there around 8:30 at night but there weren't a lot of people there so i didn't think he showed up. damn!

BonoBabe40 said:

Hey Tiara...why dont ya come down to Flannerys for UF on Nov 28th? Awesome show:)

I totally want to but I have my ten year high school reunion that night but I definately want to check them out.

TiaraGurl said:
-I hope my lack of action does not bring shame to this online community but you have to understand this was my "first time" you were all in my thoughts the ENTIRE time esp all the PLEBA girls who have welcomed me so warmly.
2004 New Years Resolution: Get fan girl tendencies under control

Congrats on meeting him for your first time! Woohoo! And it's so ok to be in shock, lol. The very first time I met Bono I was like a freaking statue. I just stood there, didn't say a word, didn't do anything and there were only two of us there! But the other girl was this chick from Ireland and he knew her so they chatted (thank God), but then she kicked me coz she knew I was having issues and said to me in a very firm voice, "Ask him for a photo." So I mumbled, "Bono, can I have a picture with you?" And he yelled, "Sure" all enthusiastically and grabbed me for the pose. I was so out of my mind and if you look at my profile that's the pic -- my very first pic with Mr. B -- you can see by my face the state I was in, lol. Stupid big grin and all... Anyway, ok, I'm rambling, but I just had to reply because I understand... I've been there, too and I resolved to be "cool" the next time I met him and it totally worked out. I've met him several times since then, and I still get that chill, but I've been able to have complete conversations with him, so I have confidence in you that you will, too! Oh, and as PopArtist said, he always remembers me and that is something just so special about Bono -- he takes the time for us AND remembers us! What a guy! :cool:

Cheers!
-Mel :)

:hug: thanks it is kind of hard nt to feel a bit stupid for just standing there frozen. I just keep saying to myself that it was all MY idea to stand on that side of the street so I think it went down the way it was supposed to.

In other news I am in Cleveland in my hotel room getting sick (again) and not able to sleep but I can see the rock hall from my window. Hit man shirt here I come!!

TiaraGurl said:

I hope my lack of action does not bring shame to this online community but you have to understand this was my "first time" you were all in my thoughts the ENTIRE time esp all the PLEBA girls who have welcomed me so warmly.

:hyper:
:faint:

:lmao: :love: Oh TiaraGurl this was SO me when I met Bono! Trust me, *everyone* does this, especially on first encounters. I repeated the one thing I had to say to him about 500 times in sheer nervousness. After it registered he heard me and had replied an equal amount (probalby to calm me, he understands how it is Imo!) I just started smiling and couldn't think of another freaking thing to say- my mind just went blank lol!! I just all blissed out hahaa

Yay for your encounter! I can't wait to see your pics! :applaud:

Awesome story TiaraGurl, I am so happy for you! :)
My "first" time was the same, just standing awestruck with Bono right in front of me, and all I could say was thank you thank you thank you! First encounters are always amazing and unforgettable! Enjoy!

:love: :bono: Wow-Tiara N' Pop-that's gr-8 u both got to see Bono! I don't know if I could have said anything at that moment!At least u were of 'sound mind' to snap a pic! Please do share that with us!:heart: :D :heart: Bono looks amazing! I am so happy he takes the time for us.

It will take a bit of time for the pics ( I am not digital yet and even have less of a clue about how to upload *note to self digital camera for next tour?) but I will get them on here somehow.

I went to the rock and roll hall of fame monday and was glowing the whole time thinking of my bono moment.

I really hope the pics came out.

Back
Top Bottom