Bono and Christy Turlington

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah Risse, I've noticed a tiny cowlick on the right side of his hairline plenty of times. Especially when his hair got wet during the Zoo period. I have one on the left side and it drives me nuts. I guess that's why I notice it on him. I'm not crazy....really! I know there's a pic of it somewhere. :reject:

And how could you focus your attention on your groom with Bono walking you down the aisle. :shrug:

Thank you for the great pictures! Bono is as sweet as always. It's sad that some people have to complain about something everytime they see him. He is only looking a little tired, I think, but then again he's looking tired almost everytime I see a picture of him.
And I cannot wait for the NAACP awards. Congratulations to those who were able to get tickets! I am sure Bono will give a great speech. (Hearing his voice again :drool: ). I hope a video will surface somewhere.

Apparently there are still tickets available on Ticketmaster for this event, though it appears they are all in the balcony. Have a great time and report back!

JCOSTER said:
After three years, two engagements, and one breakup, actor/writer/director Edward Burns finally married retired supermodel Christy Turlington on Saturday. According to the San Francisco Chronicle, the nuptials took place before a reportedly small group of family and high-powered friends, including Sting and Vin Diesel, with U2's Bono giving away the Galliano-gowned bride (her father passed away two years ago).Burns, 35, and Turlington, 34, met three years ago at a charity event. Within six months, they were engaged, but they postponed their wedding, set for October 2001, in the wake of the 9/11 attacks.

Thanks for that info!! Ed Burns is yummy too! They have kids now right? I remember her saying on the Oprah (red) show that she was a mom. How sweet.

He's such a nice guy that folks have to pick on /something/. :grin:

I have the irresistable urge to pet him on the head. Yah. I'm sure he'd appreciate that mightily, though. :reject:

I posted these in the "Where is he now" thread..apologies for the poor quality and watermarks

U2 front man Bono pictured with models Sarah McGovern, Ruth O'Neill, Corina Graham and Pippa O'Connor at the Jameson Party (in honour of Actor /Writer Ed Burns) in in the VIP area of the Ambassador Theatre
Dublin, Ireland - 21.02.07
1792769.jpg

1792767.jpg

1792766.jpg

U2Kitten said:
Those first two pics are SAD. You can see where Bono is bald around the places where he tried to save his hair. He looks mangy. If he'd grow it longer- even an inch or two- you wouldn't notice the bare spots.:|

I can't stand lame judgements or even judgements period......how sad for you to even say that..........:(

Probably, stonecircle. But I really feel sorry for Bono.

I sometimes wonder if he isn't verging on an "Elvis" period where his every littlest movement is either adulated or villified by the public. :(

It's hard to maintain a healthy sense of self and life purpose in the midst of all that.

Let's just hope that Bono can stay above it all.

:bono: :heart: :heart: :hug:

Huh?

He's pictured having fun at a film festival, and people think he's having a mid-life crisis and feel sorry for him?! That makes no sense whatsoever.:confused:

Jamila said:
Probably, stonecircle. But I really feel sorry for Bono.

I sometimes wonder if he isn't verging on an "Elvis" period where his every littlest movement is either adulated or villified by the public. :(

It's hard to maintain a healthy sense of self and life purpose in the midst of all that.

Let's just hope that Bono can stay above it all.

:bono: :heart: :heart: :hug:

He is doing a fantastic job!!! I do however have him in my prayers.:pray:

biff said:
Huh?

He's pictured having fun at a film festival, and people think he's having a mid-life crisis and feel sorry for him?! That makes no sense whatsoever.:confused:

agreed, I think he's just being geeky, as usual :wink:

Bono looks great, but looks somewhat distracted, imo... like he has better things he could be doing.

Ed Burns is a hottie.... :drool:

I highly doubt Bono is having a mid-life crisis, at least now. I think maybe during the POP era ... MAYBE.

And Bono is the poster child for maintaing a healthy sense of self and life purpose!! How could one ever doubt that? Just listen to the man and you know he has an unshakable integrity.

Hmm... tix still available for the NAACP... must check this out! :hmm:

Last edited:
^^^ Ya, I think Ali and the family keep him sane too, he's so grounded there I wouldn't worry about him, but like JC I too keep him and the rest of the band in my prayers. Afraid to say why because I may be attacked. Oh wait that's a different forum! :wink: (EYKIW) :wink:

biff said:
Huh?

I know.

The fun of posting pictures is lost when every thread turns into "let's overanalyze it to an absurd degree and presume to know a person's innermost thoughts and feelings based on a photo".

Maybe we should start posting pictures of ourselves or our pets and let others predict what psychological crises we might be going through.

DSCN0772.jpg

Poor Worf, she looks so depressed. You can just see the ennui in her eyes. I hope she still has a healthy sense of purpose.

Last edited:
kellyahern said:

I know.

The fun of posting pictures is lost when every thread turns into "let's overanalyze it to an absurd degree and presume to know a person's innermost thoughts and feelings based on a photo".

Maybe we should start posting pictures of ourselves or our pets and let others predict what psychological crises we might be going through.

DSCN0772.jpg

Poor Worf, she looks so depressed. You can just see the ennui in her eyes. I hope she still has a healthy sense of purpose.

Oh Kelly, quick, hide the shotgun, the pills and the arsenic. Your cat looks on the verge of a highly CATostrophic meltdown. Lockdown the mice, warn the neighbourhood dogs, and by all means protect your ankles. The colour in her eyes seems more glazed than usual. That definitely means there is no sense of purpose.

Or maybe she's just tired. Too much roaming around the neighbourhood? Time to stop touring? Needs some quality home time?? Maybe you should just get her some sunglasses.....

:wink:

kellyahern said:

I know.

DSCN0772.jpg

Yes, she looks troubled and pensive, with an unhealthy lack of purpose. Something must really be wrong!
And OMG, you can totally see a bald spot inside her ear. Poor Kitty!

biff said:

Yes, she looks troubled and pensive, with an unhealthy lack of purpose. Something must really be wrong!
And OMG, you can totally see a bald spot inside her ear. Poor Kitty!

NO!! That's not a bald spot, it's fur-gel!!!!

kellyahern said:

I know.

DSCN0772.jpg

:lol:

Back
Top Bottom