All choked up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Who knows if that story's true, actually Star has many stories that turn out to be true.

Bono is also in the People Magazine's crossword puzzle, they have a picture of him too. The puzzle is entitled "Irish Dream" and Bono is 16 across :wink:

:lol:
Too bad I wasnt there to give him mouth to mouth!
The last thing I would want to do to the man while he's sitting eating is to walk up and smack him on the back :eyebrow:
Maybe like a little shoulder touch, or a smile but to walk up and hit him on the back while he's eating fish?
:lol: It just plays out really funny in my head

I kinda feel bad for the guy that did it. He probably felt like kind of a boob

This isn't the first time I've seen that story. I saw it somewhere else, so I think it's probably true. Admittedly alot of real garbage gets printed about the B-man but I believe this.

re: the second slap on the back, the one that supposedly dislodged the fish -

If someone is choking, isn't that what you're not supposed to do? I thought that could do more harm than good. That's why the heimlic (sp?) manuever is taught in first aid. :scratch:

nurse chrissi, medical opinion needed :)

kellyahern said:

If someone is choking, isn't that what you're not supposed to do? I thought that could do more harm than good. That's why the heimlic (sp?) manuever is taught in first aid. :scratch:

I renewed my Red Cross cpr card recently and again they said DO NOT hit them on the back if they are choking.

kellyahern said:

sorry girls was at work today - like stars and granny siad hitting someone on the bck can cause increase chance of aspiration or the object becoming lodged further down - upward trusts underneath the sternum to force the object out (perferable with the victim standing)

story is not probably true but if it was why couldn't I have been there:grumpy: :wink:

starsgoblue said:
Just because you shouldn't do that...doesn't mean he didn't....It's possible. It's just not the smartest/safest thing to do. :shrug: Who knows?!

You're right. I'm just curious if slapping him on the back would ever force the object out :scratch: (even though you're not supposed to do it).

Like nurse chrissi said, I thought it's the upward motion of the heimlich that forces the object out.

:lol: To bad none of us CPR Plebans were there, we'd have known what to do :wink:

kellyahern said:

You're right. I'm just curious if slapping him on the back would ever force the object out :scratch: (even though you're not supposed to do it).

Like nurse chrissi said, I thought it's the upward motion of the heimlich that forces the object out.

:lol: To bad none of us CPR Plebans were there, we'd have known what to do :wink:

Course, one time in a restaurant I thought my husband was choking. He's 6'5" and I'm 5' 3". I stood on a chair and tried to do the heimlich. He wasn't actually choking. We never have returned to that restaurant.:reject:

kellyahern said:

Well if he was coughing...then he wasn't actually really choking. Who knows? I'm not asking if I meet him again! :reject:

kellyahern said:
I'm just curious if slapping him on the back would ever force the object out :scratch: (even though you're not supposed to do it).

Maybe at the same time Bono coughed up his fish, the guy just happened to give him another slap :huh:

:wink:

Back
Top Bottom