Ahh yes, time for yet another meeting of the Macphisto Society darlings!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Echo: Lean on me, we've got to go find something...
Edge: What's going on...Oh God, my stomach...
Moon: What should I do?
Echo: Oh, you've done enough.
*Echo ascends the stairs with Edge at her side.*

*Moon gets up and follows, concerned for the Edge. she follow close behind them up the stairs, spotting them both, incase one falls(the stairs are wet and slippery). they reach the main hall, and are directed to the kitchen. unsure of how to help, and thinking it best to just stay out of the way, since Echo seems to know what she is doing, Moon watches from the doorway, and dials for an ambulance. She talks to the hospital as Edge drinks the Ipecac and vomits. Just as she hangs up, Jesus walks by and pops his head in*

Jesus: Hey, what's going on? I was actually just about to take off. Been quite a night.

Moon: The Edge ate some fruit that made him sick. I called an ambulance, but do you think you could try something?

Jesus: Of course. *walks towards the Edge* Where did he find this fruit? I thought he knew not to trust some of the stuff in MacPhisto's refridgerator. Most of it can only be stomached by devils, angels, and other more powerful beings.

Echo: No, no. It was nothing like that. He found it in a garden in MacPhisto's cellar. We're not sure what it was. He had already gone through about three before Moon and I noticed, and then six or seven before they began to get to him.

Jesus: And neither of you had any?

Moon&Echo: No.

Jesus: *peers into the sink* yech. this is a mess, isn't it? *he waves a hand and the faucet turns on, flushing the sink clean, then with another wave, it turns off. he turns a piteous gaze to the Edge. he weakly looks up into Jesus' face with sad puppy~dog eyes* I really can't perform any unauthorized miricles without approval... from, eh... up... *Edge's eyes sadden even more, and he holds his hand to his stomach in pain* *sigh* well, maybe if it's just a small one.... *Jesus places a hand on Edge's stomach and the skin under where Jesus touches him glows through his tee shirt, then removes his hand* that should help a little, but i really can't do much more.

*Edge immediately leaps oout of his chair, before Jesus even finishes speaking, to vomit again. the washcloth is relayed from Echo to Jesus to Edge to wipe his mouth. Jesus waves his hand and rinses the sink out again as Edge takes his seat again*

Jesus: ok, i don't really have the power to be handing these out, but here... *he removes a small jar from his sleeve, opens it, and pours three blue pills into his hand, then hands them to the Edge* take all three right now, have some tea, and then you'll need to rest. *turns to Echo and Moon* you think you girls can handle that? *laughs* ok, well, i really must go now. take care, and stay away from that fruit! *Jesus walks off*

*Moon and Echo watch him leave, then turn to Edge. They both run to his side and try to make him more comfortable*

Moon: ok, here's a glass of water to take your pills

Echo: i fluffed this pillow. *places behind his back*

Moon: ok, now, if you don't mind fixing the tea, i'll be right back. *she picks up a box and leaves the room*

*she travels down the hall, into the cellar, and back toward the tabel they had been sitting at. she looks for the bush of fruit the Edge had been eating off of and plucks several off and puts them into her box. she carries it back upstairs to the kitchen and arrives to find Edge trying to stand and Echo tending to the tea tray. shifting the box under one arm, she helps to pull the Edge up from his chair and has him lean his weight onto her to make it easier for him to walk. Echo carries the tray out of the kitchen and down the hall a bit, with Edge and Moon close beside her*

Echo: there is a nice little room just a few doors down that i recently found. we can go in there.

*they find the room and settle themselves. Edge lying on his side on a couch, half sitting up to beable to drink his tea, and Moon and Echo sit on a couch opposite him, on the otherside of the coffee table*

Moon: No, no. You fixed the tea, let me pour it for you. *pours tea for each of the three of them* what would you like in yours? sugar?

Echo: em, yes, please. just a bit.

Edge: I'll have some! *grins a little boy grin* More..... more..... a little more...... one more.... ok, that's good. *takes and drinks his extra sugary tea*

Moon: ok, Edgie~ you know you only need to ask and we'll take care of whatever it is you need. ok? oh, i hope this doesn't last too long.

Edge: yes, thank you. you girls are so nice to me. i wonder what Jesus meant when he mentioned that it's been a busy night. as soon as i get better we need to go see how things are going with Mac, Bluey, Bona, and the rest of the party. *sets head down on the pillow and tugs up the blanket that Echo brought him from a nearby closet* *yawns* i think i just need... to.... *zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz*

Echo: whoa. that was instant. i wonder if there were some sort of sleeping drugs in those pills.

Moon: well, it's a good thing, though. he needs rest, and the sooner he gets it, the sooner we have him well again *eyes turn to the sleeping Edge, so sweet and angellic looking. she just watches him sleeping for longer than she realizes when Echo catches her attention*

Echo: Moon? What's in the box? *points toward Moons feet*

Moon: Oh! *suddenly remembering* I wanted to know what these things are and why they made him so sick the way they did. *she opens the box and shows the fruit to Echo* I figured the best time would be during his nap. We could do this while we keep an eye on him. What do you think? It sounds like you might be good at this, anyhow. What is it that you do for a living, anyway? I don't believe we ever spoke very much.

--------------------------------
[[sorry it's not that creative a chapter, but i hope it suffices]]

------------------
~MoonPhisto*

"A man dreams one day to fly
A man takes a rocket ship to the skies
He lives on a star that's dying in the night
And follows in the trail, the scatter of the light"

Hurry it up, Bluey!
biggrin.gif

*The Fly rushes up the stairs and down the hallway with Bluephisto in his arms, looking for a room to use. He opens one room...Bona and Larry look up in surprise*
The Fly: Oh sorry.
*He opens another, Moonphisto and Echophisto lean over a purple fruit*
The Fly: Sorry.
*He opens the next room, it is empty. He enters with Bluephisto, closes the door and sets her down on the large olive green bed.*
The Fly: Baby! What happened to you? *He peels the coat away and sees the deep purple bruises and dried blood on her torso through the rents in her shirt.*
Bluephisto: *Drowsy and falling asleep* I'm fine, I heal quickly. Really. It's just scratches and bruises, nothing serious. I am not used to being a temptress and an assassin at the same time...usually they just run away, but this time they came AT me and attacked.
*The door bursts open and Macphisto enters. The Fly stands between him and Bluey*
Macphisto: Are you alright?
Bluephisto: *Surprised* Yes...I'm fine. Just a few scratches. *Macphisto's blood boils at the sight of her pale skin through the shirt, and he moves towards her impulsively. The Fly blocks his path.*
The Fly: Hey...*The two stare at each other, jaws locked*...Didn't I throw you the microphone? I think your guests are getting bored without you.
Macphisto: I just want to make sure she's alright.
The Fly: She's fine...*Sotto voce* not like someone stabbed her in the stomach or anything.
Macphisto: *Through his teeth* I didn't mean too...
The Fly: Hey, hey...now chill out Mac.
Macphisto: Wipe that stupid smile off your face.
The Fly: She needs rest. Come back later if you want to talk.
Macphisto: *Now nose to nose with The Fly*Who do you think you are?
*Just then, four or five women from the party come and fuss over Macphisto, pulling him back to the party to sing for them. With a glare at the Fly, he reluctantly allows himself to be pulled back to the stage. The Fly shuts the door*
The Fly: Sorry, honey. *Bluephisto is asleep*. Baby? You okay? *He takes off his glasses and feels her neck for a pulse. She wakes up.* You've gotta stop scaring me like that darlin'. Now go back to sleep...
Bluephisto: No, I have to get cleaned up...I have to talk to Bono and, I have to make a phone call. *The Fly kisses her on the forehead and covers her with a blanket, then saunters into the bathroom. She can hear water running and The Fly returns, and picks her up carrying her to the bathroom*
Bluephisto: *Laughing* I can walk!
The Fly: Not taking any chances. *Bluephisto sees he has poured her a bath in the enourmous tub with candles and bubbles. His sweetness puzzles her.*
Bluephisto: Are you really like this?
The Fly: Like what?
Bluephisto: I mean you come off like this loud oil slick, ladies man...Be honest, are you just trying to impress me? Is this just an act?
The Fly: *Helping her take her shirt off and staring at her with warm blue eyes* It's not an act...
Bluephisto: Well, what do you want?
The Fly: I thought angels were supposed to believe in love...
Bluephisto: Well, we do but...I'm just - *She sighs*
The Fly: It's okay, I can't blame you for being confused, but you'll get it someday. *He smiles and lowers her into the tub. The water feels good and she sighs. The Fly stares at her longingly for a minute...*
The Fly: Ahhh, what the hell... *He gets into the tub with all his clothes on. Bluephisto shrieks with laughter*
Bluephisto: What are you DOING!?
The Fly: Eh...these threads needed to be washed anyway. Thank God I'm not wearing a battery pack. *He sits cooly on a built in bench on the other side of the huge tub but his leather pants slip and he falls into the water and resurfaces, soaking wet* Bubble bath tastes horrible! Did you know that!? *Bluephisto, charmed and still laughing pulls him closer to her by the collar*
Bluephisto: You are a strange little man.
The Fly: Hey...watch it with the "L" word.
*She kisses him and removes his jacket. Her skin is soft and warm and he kisses her back passionately but he knows she needs to rest...She removes his shirt and starts to kiss his neck.*
The Fly: Mmmm, Mmmmmmmmmmmm....No, Mmmmmmm, no, no. You have to rest...But damn that feels...Mmmmmm. *With great effort he tears himself away from her*
Bluephisto: What's wrong?
The Fly: We shouldn't, you've been hurt and you really need to rest and besides...*In a mock- southern belle voice* You won't respect me in the morning! *Bluephisto laughs and reaches for him but he pretends to slap her hand away* No! Not until I see a ring on my finger! Girls like you are bad news, you only want one thing from a pretty boy like me! *Bluephisto is laughing so hard she is almost crying right now. The Fly against every desire in his body has managed to get out of the tub and put his jacket on, forgetting the shirt*
Bluephisto: Prude!
The Fly: *Laughs and leans over to kiss her* Later, I promise baby...really. Nope, I am NOT getting in the tub again. God, I must be crazy! Okay, okay. I'm going to go get you something to drink, and to find a VERY cold shower...what would you like?
Bluephisto: Surprise me...you have done well at that so far.
The Fly: Sure, sure thing gorgeous...*He winks and her and replaces his shades but is so distracted by the temptress in the tub that he walks into the closed bathroom door. Bluephisto cracks up again* Owww...it's okay..right, OPEN the door first. Just a little distracted. *He opens the door* Going to get a drink...take two. *He smiles and leaves*
Bluephisto: (to herself) Strange little man.
3326559523232%7Ffp47%3Dot%3E2325%3D%3B6%3B%3D726%3DXROQDF%3E23232697%3B7%3A9%3Aot1lsi

*Macphisto is back on stage, taking out all his emotions on the mic. He is in the middle of a "You Remind Me" that has left not a dry eye in the house, when the Fly enters the party and walks to the bar...Macphisto sees that he is shirtless, smiling, and sopping wet. He throws the Mic down with a thud and jumps offstage...*

[This message has been edited by blueeyes (edited 11-04-2001).]

(Note: this one's only half done. I'll finish it soon.)

*Echo and Moon lean over the mysterious purple fruit and begin to dissect it.*

Echo: Well, my first book was published some years back. My autobiography. A complete Valley-of-the-Dolls-style tell-all. That's how I got MacPhisto's attention. He thought I'd make a fabulous member of his entourage, because if I was willing to speak so positively scandalously of MYSELF, imagine what I would say about OTHERS. Particularly those who sparked my ire.

Moon: You must have lived quite the elegantly debauched life.

Echo: (shrugs) Not really. But I'm very good at writing about it to make it SEEM so. MacPhisto is actually quite disappointed in me as a party guest. I'll say anything about anybody in print, but I'm not nearly so slanderous in front of other people.

Moon: Too polite?

Echo: Too anti-social.

*Echo pauses in her study of the fruit. She narrows her eyes at Moon, who is still pondering the thing.*

Echo: Hmm..You know, MacPhisto has a lab around here somewhere. Perhaps it would be useful in our study. Why don't you go find Mac and ask him if we can borrow some of his equipment.

Moon: What a splendid idea.

*Moon takes the box and leaves. Echo rises and sits at the corner of Edge's bed. She places a hand on his leg and he wakes.*

Echo: Let's go for a walk.

*Echo and Edge meander the ballroom. Most of the guests have left by this time. The only ones left are either the closest companions of the host or the hangers-on for whom MacPhisto's parties are the nearest they'll come to glamor. Edge overhears a bit of idle gossip about BonaPhisto and MacPhisto, and shortly thereafter sees BluePhisto crossing the room on the arm of The Fly.*

Edge: (Pointing at BluePhisto) But wasn't she with....and wasn't he with...
Echo: Don't you just love these parties. Everyone ends up kissing the wrong person goodnight. (Looks at watch.) Or good morning, as the case may be. Would you like to watch the sunrise with me?

MacPhisto storms out to the stage, grabs the microphone, motions for the soundman to crank it up...but wait...the soundman is gone and in his place is the lovely, but ever elusive MacFishto. He smiles at the one person who hasn't caused him grief this night, and motions for her to give him a song...MacFishto, sensing that Mac needs to distance himself from all things Fly related, cranks the beginnings of a personal favorite, "You Remind Me" by NickelbackPhisto at first Mac is surprised by the sudden change of musical styles...this tends to be a little too heavy for his tastes...but tonight the lyrics are personal...MacFishto gradually raises the decibals on the microphone...hoping BluePhisto will hear the words her former love now sings so desperatly...

Never made it as a wise man
I couldn't cut it as a poor man stealin'
Tired of livin' like a blind man
I'm sick of sight without a sense of feelin
And this is how you remind me
This is how you remind me
Of what I really am
Of what I really am
It's not like you to say sorry
I was waiting on a different story
This time I'm mistaken
For handing you a heart worth breakin'
I've been wrong, I've been down
Been to the bottom of every bottle

These five words in my head
Scream "Are we having fun yet?"

It's not like you didn't know that
I said I love you and I swear I still do
It must have been so bad
Cause livin' with me must have damn near killed you

Of what I really am
Of what I really am

It's not like you to say sorry
I was waiting on a different story
This time I'm mistaken
For handing you a heart worth breakin'
I've been wrong, I've been down
Been to the bottom of every bottle
These five words in my head
Scream "Are we having fun yet?"

I hope you guys know that song, I was listening to it tonight and realized how much it reminded me of Mac...if you don't know it, but would like to hear it, just go to you file sharer of choice and download "You Remind Me" by Nickleback...

MacFishto <><

Warning: The last paragraph of this is rather graphic... take caution.
------------
*Bluey leaves the room after talking breifly with Bono, and Larry has gone to reconcile with his band after leaving them in mid-rehersal. Bonaphisto has finally gotten out of bed and Bono walks slowly over to her. She tries walking over to the window, but in her weakness she stumbles and Bono catches her in his arms. He looks down at her with a longing, which Bonaphisto mistakes for sympathy. She swallows another round of tears, this time out of confusion.*

Bonaphisto: Bono...
Bono: You'll be okay, love.
Bonaphisto: I'm so confused... He leaves me, I try to end it all, and then I wake up and he's there again and I'm expecting his child and then I fall asleep and I wake up and he's gone again?
Bono: He won't be gone for long.
Bonaphisto: I honestly don't know what to do...
Bono: *inhales deeply at the reminiscence of Larry's earlier words* You have Larry's support. That much I can assure you.
*Bonaphisto looks up at him, into his unearthly blue eyes.*
Bono: He's not going anywhere.
*Bonaphisto smiles at him in gratitude, and she cleans up and dresses with much aid from Bono.*
Bono: Maybe you'd like to rejoin the party? It may do you some good to get out of this room for a bit.
Bonaphisto: *able to hear MacPhisto's concert going from the other room* No... I don't think it's good for me to see him right now... But could you get me something to eat? I'm starving.
Bono: Sure. Why don't we go to the kitchen? I'm sure one of the butlers can get you something...
*Bonaphisto nods and they exit the room, and make their way through the party as briskly as possible, Bonaphisto still dazed and Bono waving away anyone who approaches her. They enter the kitchen and soon Bonaphisto sits in front of a generous plate of food. She begins to eat and Bono watches her. He watches the way she moves and mostly admires her strength through all that's happened. Her beauty penetrates him, and he again imagines what it would be like to love her, picturing running his hands through her hair, tracing her body with his hands and the feel of her skin, the taste of her reciprocated kiss, holding her in his arms... In the other room, Adam sits on a couch watching MacPhisto carefully and he senses Bono's thoughts. He leans forward with concern. He had expected the Tempter to have this drastic effect on Bona, but he had not expected anyone to have this kind of effect on a tempter, especially one of Bono's caliber.*

*Meanwhile, The Fly has entered and strides over to the bar. Adam takes notice that he is soaking wet and shirtless. Suddenly MacPhisto has dropped his mic, leaving the concert in midsong and is charging at the Fly. The crowd parts for him and gasps as MacPhisto leaps onto The Fly, knocking him to the floor. Adam is quickly heading over to where the two lay and panics as MacPhisto raises an arm, going for The Fly's throat. Adam responds and raises his hand, knocking MacPhisto out and sparing the Fly from inevitable death. With another wave of his arm, he signals for the party to disband completely. They all file out of the house and the Fly, Adam and MacPhisto are left in the ballroom alone.*

*Larry has made his way out of the house and to his Harley, and speeds off down the highway, heading back to where he left U2 in mid rehersal several hours before. He cannot put the picture of Bona out of his mind... her sleeping there, blonde hair curled around her face and her pale eyes finally opening to see him, shedding a tear when she realizes he'd come back. Kissing her soft lips, missing that taste and taking her into his arms, shooing Bono out of the room and undressing her, her arms wrapping around him tightly, feeling her warm skin against his and her legs wrap around his waist as he found her rhythm, pressing into her and making love to her in a new way, knowing that in 3/4 of a year they'd have a beautiful child... Suddenly Larry is pulled back to reality by the sound of a loud horn and the force of a car hitting his bike from behind, throwing him off and onto the ground, the bike landing several feet off. He gazes up at the sky and the last thing he sees before he passes out is a hazy form with a set of golden wings.*

[This message has been edited by Bonavoix (edited 11-04-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Bonavoix (edited 11-04-2001).]

Bona...I'm so sorry, I didn't see that Mac had thrown down the mike in your previous post! Sorry to interupt the flow...MacFishto slinks out with the rest of the crowd...

*Bluephisto is relaxing in her bath, waiting for The Fly to come back when she hears a song in the distance...all she can make out are the words..."You remind me of what I really am". If she didn't know better she would swear it was Macphisto singing...She closes her eyes and leans back, trying to ignore the music and finally get some peace when she senses Adam's concern over Bono...She would have to talk to him about that, but later. Right now she had to recover. She had been sent out on a job, it was pretty routine..an official in Hell needed to be brought down a peg or two. However, Bluephisto had never gone out as a temptress before and when she expected him to fear her and run...he had been attracted to her and she had to fight him hand to hand. He was dead now. Her injuries were more serious than she let on to The Fly, one of her ribs was broken and she was bruised all over and burnt in some places...but it was nothing she would not fully recover from with just a few hours of peace and quiet. She was almost asleep in the warm water when she snapped awake and bolted out of the tub...Adam was panicking. She grabbed a gold satin blanket from the couch as she ran by, wrapping it around her soaking skin like a dress as she ran against a crowd of guests leaving in an awful hurry. When she got there, Adam was gone. Macphisto lay on the ground unconscious and The Fly lay in a heap against the dark bar.Bluey, still steaming from her bath rushes over to the Fly...who is very dazed.*
Bluephisto: Fly! Are you alright? Darling? Can you move?
The Fly: Yeah...yeah. I'm just kind of...give me a minute.
Bluephisto: *kissing his forehead* Oh my poor darling...are you hurt?
The Fly: *He stands up, shaky but trying to look strong* I'm fine...just fine. *Bluephisto takes his sunglasses off and his blue eyes stare into hers. She can see the fear he was trying to hide and he looks down* I didn't even have time to turn around...*He smiles weakly and wavers*I'm not always this useless in a fight baby...
Bluephisto: It wasn't a fair fight, not your fault. *She holds him close, and senses that he is not seriously hurt...just a few bruises and scrapes but he is shaken. He relaxes when she touches him...he sighs and his heart slows down. She turns her face up to him and kisses him gently on the cheek.* Come on, let's find you somewhere to lie down. *He puts his arm around her and she supports him as they walk upstairs. They turn and she lays him down on the bed where she lay not a half hour ago. She pours him a glass of water and sets it on the table. The Fly is amazed that anyone can make a gold blanket look so good...*
Bluephisto: Fly, I need you to promise me something.
The Fly: What?
Bluephisto: That you will not under any circumstances leave this room until I return.
The Fly: *Looks at her suspiciously* Why? Where are you going?
Bluephisto: I have to straighten a couple things out.
The Fly: *Taking her white hands* You're going to talk to him aren't you?
Bluephisto: I have to...this can't happen again.
The Fly:*Pulls Bluephisto down into the bed with him and holds her to him* What if he hurts you? Look at what he did to me, baby. Stay here, let Adam talk to him...
Bluephisto: Adam can't. Only I can. He won't hurt me, and frankly...I'm much stronger than he is. I promise I will be careful.
The Fly:*Burying his face in her black hair* I don't like the idea of him alone in a room with you...Remember what I said about him. I should be there too.
Bluephisto: He could kill you, he almost did tonight you know...*She kisses his face and murmurs into his ear, sending shivers up his spine* I will be back very soon. Don't worry about me dear, I promise you I'll be careful. *She feels his heart beating in his chest and his blue eyes focus on her lips. He kisses her deeply, and she fights the urge to start undressing him.*
The Fly: You know, I love you.
Bluephisto: I know...*She opens her mouth to say more but The Fly covers her mouth with his hand and smiles*.
The Fly: Nope...not allowed to say it back yet baby. It's like buying a gun, there is a waiting period before you can use it. I don't want you to say it unless you are sure, and right now...you have to focus on other things.
*Bluephisto's eyes widen and she smiles under his hand. He removes it and she shakes her head*
Bluephisto: Where did you come from? You swaggar like a rock star but you...You're more of an angel sometimes than I am.
The Fly: Not telling.
*Bluephisto leans down and kisses him goodnight, and opens the door, tying her dress around her securely*
The Fly: *Very serious* Careful baby...I'll listen outside the door if you want me to.
Bluephisto: You need to rest...I'll be right back. *She blows him a kiss and closes the door. His heart sinks. She may be strong, but he fears that she is underestimating Macphisto dangerously. A few minutes after she leaves he gets up stiffly and walks to the enterance of the Ballroom, listening through closed doors. She hadn't said no after all...*

*Bluephisto enters the ballroom and shuts the massive gold doors. The abandoned room is a wreck, smashed glass on the floor, abandoned drinks on tables, candles burnt down to almost nothing. She makes her way down the steps, to where Macphisto lays still unconscious. For a moment she contemplates his still face, and remembers when she adored him. It seemed like so long ago. She straightens up again and sits on a nearby armchair...*
Bluephisto: Wake up. *Macphisto's eyes open and he sits up slowly, looking around him at the deserted room. His icy eyes finally light on Bluey sitting like a goddess in a black chair, her hair almost indistinguishable from the dark velvet behind her and her pearly skin wrapped in a shimmering gold blanket. Her eyes however, have turned to gunmetal. For the first time, he sees them as the eyes of the assassin*
Bluephisto: You seem to be spending a lot of time unconscious tonight don't you? Do you remember what happened?
Macphisto: Yes. *He gets up and dusts his suit off, trying to regain his dignity*.
Bluephisto: Can you elaborate on that?
Macphisto: No. *He turns his back on her and lights a cigar with shaking hands*
Bluephisto: No? *Her voice is suddenly right behind him and he turns sharply. Her ivory face is inches from his now, he can see droplets of water on her neck and her steel blue eyes bore into his...determined to find an answer. Macphisto backs up a step, blowing smoke at her*.
Macphisto: Why don't you just ask him what happened?
Bluephisto: Because I want to hear it from you.
Macphisto: Leave me alone. *She steps towards him, and he feels heat from her body radiating through his suit*
Bluephisto: Oh, is that really what you want? You attacked The Fly because you want me to leave you alone? That makes a lot of sense.
Macphisto: I don't like him.
Bluephisto: You don't like him?
Macphisto: No I don't.
Bluephisto: And why is that?
Macphisto: I don't want to talk about it *He turns away from her, but she grabs his shoulder and spins him around to face her*
Bluephisto: Why not?
Macphisto: *Snapping and Yelling* I HATE HIM! I hate him because you SLEPT with him! There! I said it! Are you happy now? I hate him because he gets to kiss you and hold you and make love to you and I have no chance of doing so ever again. I hate him because he isn't a devil, I hate him because he's loud, I hate his face and his suit and his stupid smile! I saw him kiss you and I've wanted him dead since! *He grabs her arms and pulls her to him desperately* I HATE HIM BECAUSE I STILL LOVE YOU!!!!! *He tries to kiss her but she breaks away and steps back*
Bluephisto: You don't love me...You love whatever it is you cannot have. That is the whole problem with you, if you could have me you wouldn't want me anymore.
Macphisto: *reaching for her* No, No! Don't you see? Can't you see what you did to me? You changed me, you transformed me but you left halfway through and now I'm some freakish failed experiment! I don't belong anywhere anymore. I do love you, I love you more than I ever have...
Bluephisto: *Backing against the fireplace* Oh really? Well you have a funny way of showing it...Nothing says I love you like cheating on me and then stabbing the poor girl! That was the moment, Macphisto, right then when I walked in and saw you holding the knife...
Macphisto: Bluey...
Bluephisto: You reminded me of Screwtape right then.
Macphisto: I'm NOTHING LIKE HIM!!! I would never try to...
Bluephisto: No of course you wouldn't, but you would seduce a girl against her will and then use her as a human sheild!
Macphisto: *Pinning Bluephisto against the black fireplace* Listen, listen...Do you want to know why I slept with her?
Bluephisto: *Shouting* NO! I want to know NOTHING about it! Do you have any idea how I felt!?
Macphisto: *Quietly* Yes...I do know. I felt it when I found out that you...that he...that *He struggles to keep his composure*. You slept with The Fly. In the garden. On the roof...why did you do it?
Bluephisto: None of your business.
Macphisto: WHY BLUEY!?
Bluephisto: I said that it is none of your damn business Mackie...*She moves to leave*
Macphisto: *He blocks her path with an arm* It is my damn business! You are the love of my life, of course it's my business! Are you insane enough to think that I can just ignore the fact that you are falling in love with him? How can you love anyone else, I can barely look at another woman!
Bluephisto: I realized that the man I thought I loved didn't exist. *Macphisto is really stunned and steps back. Bluey is very distressed and starts to walk out. Macphisto stops her with his voice.*
Macphisto: I slept with Bona because you scared me!
Bluephisto: What? *Macphisto's white face stands out starkly against the dark chaos of the ballroom*
Macphisto: *takes a deep breath* You scared me. I was afraid of how much I love you, I didn't know what it would do to me if I made love to you. I thought maybe it might kill me or ...I don't know. *He starts to walk towards her slowly* That's why I never made love to you...And then when you walked in that evening, I couldn't take my eyes off of you, I couldn't breathe...I just wanted you. You left for the office and I almost followed you, but I saw Bona. I knew what would happen with Bona, I knew that I wouldn't feel much with her. She was safe. So I seduced her, but I thought of you...*he sits in a chair and covers his face with his hands* I never meant to cut her either...I was lowering the knife and Larry charged into me and that's what cut her. I was as horrified as anyone...and then you came in. There isn't a moment of a day since it happened that I don't wish I had gone to you instead.
Bluephisto: I believe you.
Macphisto: *stands and moves towards her slowly* Bluey, darling...*He takes her hands in his and she sees that they are shaking* It would never, never happen again. Never. I know what I want now. I want you.*He kisses her forehead* I just want you, and then I'll be happy. I know you still love me...
Bluephisto: Mac...don't do this.
Macphisto: You do, I know you do. *He brushes her shoulder with his hand, sighing at the softness of her skin* I love you.
Bluephisto: Stop it.
Macphisto: Bluey...Bluey. You know that you want me...*He kisses the back of her neck and she bolts away from him*
Bluephisto: You love me? Really? You never seemed to pay much attention to me...you were always looking at Bona.
Macphisto: Yes I did pay attention, how can you say such a thing!? I adore you! Come here, *He tries to kiss her again, but she puts up a hand and stops him an inch short from her lips*
Bluephisto: What is my favorite drink?
Macphisto: *Laughs* A martini with olives, darling.
Bluephisto: That's all?
Macphisto: Yes, a martini.
Bluephisto: I thought you would say that. *She backs away from him*
Macphisto: Bluey...
Bluephisto: I'm sorry Mackie, I'm with someone else.
*Macphisto starts to tremble from anger*
Macphisto: You're just saying that to anger me...you want to make me jealous!
Bluephisto: That's not true.
Macphisto: That's IMPOSSIBLE! He's an obnoxious ASS! How dare you love HIM!? Bluey!?
Bluephisto: I can trust him. *Very close to Macphisto suddenly, her voice takes on a deadly calm which makes Macphisto, even in his outraged state listen with great caution* What's more...if you ever try a stunt like what you pulled this evening, if you so much as lay a hand on him, I will make you very very sorry. In fact, you should consider yourself very lucky you didn't kill him. *Macphisto's mouth hangs open* He's mortal...If you want to start a fight with someone, pick on someone your own size. Understand?
Macphisto: *Macphisto nods slowly. Bluephisto walks towards him and hugs Macphisto* Is there any chance? Any chance that someday you might love me again?
Bluephisto: *Whispering in his ear and wishing she could lie and say no.* Mackie...I still love you, I can't just stop that... but I can't trust you. I can't be with you like this. I'm sorry.
*She kisses Macphisto on the cheek chastely and unwinds herself from his arms and leaves. He stands there alone, devestated and hopeful at the same time*

*The Fly standing outside of Macphisto's room is watching Bluey leave and when she is finally out of sight he starts to return to the concert he ran out on in the ballroom. The crowd is growing sick of the guitar player's attempt at singing. The sound of a door creaking and then closing makes him turn. There is nothing there, just the sound of fabric rumpling from the other side of the door. He shrungs, replaces his shades and runs back into the ballroom full of frenzied fans, full of swaggar once more.
Meanwhile, Adam has Macphisto pinned to the back of the door. He looked up from picking up shards of glass to see Macphisto just starting to reach for the Fly through the door. Adam, with the speed of an archangel grabbed Mac and shut the door before he could touch him.*

Adam: No. *Macphisto struggles violently for a moment* No. Calm Down. *Adam runs a hand over Macphisto's face and he stops struggling and shocks Adam by hugging him. He must have won a bit of Macphisto's trust...Macphisto rests his head on the bewildered Adam's shoulder, absolutely dejected and Adam hugs him back. Adam can feel that Macphisto is crying, but trying not to.* Hey, hey. It's going to be alright.
Macphisto: I saw...he kissed her. *Adam feels really sorry for Macphisto...whatever else he may be, he is a man hopelessly in love with a woman who does not love him back. Adam rubs Macphisto's back* I don't even know what I am anymore Adam...She changed me. I'm not quite a devil, we all know I'm not an angel...where does that leave me? *Macphisto sighs deeply and frees himself from Adam, and searches the room for something to drink. After opening and closing several drawers he gives up and runs a hand through his slick black hair. Macphisto strikes a match, lights a cigar and closes his eyes as he exhales smoke* Do you know Adam, that this is the longest I've ever been sober?
Adam: I didn't know that.
Macphisto: Can't say I like it very much. Tell, me Adam, do you drink?
Adam: Angels are very bad at drinking.
Macphisto: *Chuckles deeply* Can't handle your liquor?
Adam: *A bit bashfully* Not very well...We have a bit of an impared tolerance you might say.
Macphisto: *The corners of his mouth rise for an instant* I remember once when Bluey...Ah, nevermind. *He examines his fingernails, and then starts to move towards the door. His step, usually so elegant and lithe is now heavy and lethargic* Well, Adam. I'm going to the bar to have a drink. You can come if you feel the need to babysit me. * He leaves for the party and Adam follows him at a distance*
*Macphisto enters the previously gloomy ballroom and discovers Zoo Tv going on. His guests are packed in front of The Fly, screaming and trying to grab his legs. Oh well...He might as well just take everyone else too. I could care less. Macphisto sits in the back of the room on a large black couch, and is offered a martini. He holds it in the palm of his hand considering it. I wonder what Bluey would think if she saw me sober...I wonder if that would make a difference. Probably not. Just as he is raising his glass, he sees Bluey standing in the doorway wrapped in her blackcoat. Two lovely women sit on the couch and begin to fuss over Macphisto but he hardly notices. Bluephisto clutches one of her sides, but her dirt streaked face is calm as she looks at the stage through tousled black hair. Macphisto notices that unlike most other women who looked better the drunker he was, Bluephisto was even more stunning when he was sober.*
The Fly: (singing) Haven't seen you in quite a while
I was down the hold, just passing time *He sees Bluephisto in the doorway and smiles brilliantly.*
Last time we met was a low-lit room
We were as close together as a bride and groom. Drawn to her and relieved to see her back, The Fly jumps off the stage onto one of Macphisto's tables and from there climbs onto the Mahogany bar...walking towards Bluephisto on it and smiling*
...You led me on with those innocent eyes
You know I love the element of surprise.
In the garden I was playing the tart
I kissed your lips - BUT I WON'T BREAK YOUR HEART BABY!. *Bluephisto laughs a little at the changed lyrics. By this time The Fly has motioned for her to come to him and he pulls her up on the bar with him to the dismay of frantic female party-goers everywhere. Oblivious to Macphisto's presence, the Fly holds Bluey close and dances with her as he sings the rest of the song.* You, you were acting like it was the end of the world.
*She can smell his cologne and rests her head on his chest. He spins her around and she winces in pain, biting her red lip. The Fly freezes and puts the mic down. Macphisto leans foreward in his seat. *
The Fly: Baby, are you okay?
Bluephisto: Yeah, just a little sore. *Her coat slips open and The Fly sees that she is bruised and bleeding through her torn green shirt. He picks her up in his arms and pushes through the crowd to the entrance, tossing the microphone to a startled Macphisto as he leaves.*

*As Bluey is heading out of the ballroom, Adam bursts into the room. Bluey is alarmed, but even more so when she sees he is carrying a bleeding and very seriously injured Larry.*

Bluephisto: My god! Adam?
Adam: Keep Bona away from this...
Bluephisto: Adam what happened?
Adam: Somebody hit him from behind... he was on his bike... His Harley is totally destroyed...
*They rush out of the room, MacPhisto behind them and the Fly following when they pass. They rush into the same bedroom Bona was using earlier and Adam lays the broken Larry Mullen onto the bed. He lays a hand on him and the bleeding stops.*
The Fly: Is he alive?
Adam: Barely. There's a lot of broken bones... He should have been killed, if I hadn't gotten there when I did...
*As he says this, Bonaphisto and Bono walk into the room. Bona sees Larry on the bed and freezes. Bono places a hand on her shoulder and draws her closer to him, placing his arms around her protectively. She hardly notices. Bona cannot take her eyes off the bleeding man on the bed and she cannot move.*

Originally posted by Bonavoix:
*They rush out of the room, MacPhisto behind them and the Fly following when they pass. They rush into the same bedroom Bona was using earlier and Adam lays the broken Larry Mullen onto the bed. He lays a hand on him and the bleeding stops.*
*Bluephisto, still in her gold blanket dress rushes to Larry on the bed. With the precision of a surgeon, she checks his airway, breathing, circulation, brainwaves, heartbeat, bloodpressure...His fingernails and lips are turning blue and his breathing is so shallow as to be undectectible by humans.*
Bluephisto: Fly, Adam, Bono, Mackie hold him down.
Adam: What's wrong?
*The four men each take a limb, Mac and The Fly almost too shocked to realize that they are standing inches apart from each other and not fighting. They look at each other furtively.*
Bluephisto: Internal bleeding...*She looks up Bona sweetie, leave. *Bona doesn't move, she's in shock*
Bona....leave. You are not going to want to see this.
Adam: Bluey, don't...wait for help.
Bluephisto: No time! *She feels Larry start to die and with her hand she parts Larry's skin and muscles above his belly button and puts her whole hand inside...there is a glow and the smell of burning flesh. Bona passes out in the doorway and Bono turns to catch her just as Larry's body goes into convusions, his arm flails violently*
Bluephisto: BONO! *Before Bono can turn, Macphisto has leaned over and grabbed Larry's free hand. Bluephisto continues to repair the damage in Larry's abdomen, her brow is furrowed in concentration and she is almost elbow deep in intestine. Macphisto and The Fly, the two in the room who have never even heard of such a thing, are both staring at Bluephisto with eyes the size of saucers. Adam looks at her too but only out of concern. This kind of surgery took a lot out of her.*
Bluephisto: Almost done...Mackie, can you hold his leg a little more? Thanks. *She withdraws her hands...they are convered in blood. She carefully rearranges the muscles and the skin and heals them with a pass of her hand, and wipes her hands on her dress as she looks for the next major site of injury*
Bluephisto: Oh...crap.
Adam: What?
Bluephisto: Extensive spinal damage. You are going to have to flip him with his head over the end of the bed...
The Fly: What?
Bluephisto: *frustrated* Just turn him like this....and then flip him over.
*The three men do this quickly. She sighs heavily, and looks at Macphisto and The Fly.*
Bluephisto: You might not want to look if you're squeamish. *She carefully alligns Larry's head so his neck is straight and then like pulling an invisible zipper, she parts the skin and muscles above his spinal chord revealing a network of bone and nerves*
Bluephisto: Oh for the love of....Look at this! I'm going to have to replace this entire bit here! Thank God I can cheat the DNA sequence...*She snaps an old nerve of Larry's from his back and breaks a little piece of it off and starts to move her hands so fast that they blur. She also begins to glow as if she was warm, or burning up. Macphisto notices that between her fingers are thousands of what appear to be long hairs and she is "braiding" them into a coil which she twists into a fiber, which is made into a tube and ultimately becomes a new nerve....he realizes he is witnessing creation. The Fly also gapes at the speed of her fingers and the growing replacement nerve. Done, she examines it and refits it into his back. She then realligns and mends the shattered vertebrae and discs until his back is a study in symmetry and strength. Bluephisto steps back for a moment, hands bloody, and wavers as through she will faint, but shakes her head and refocuses.*
Bluephisto: Nope, just a few more minutes...
*She then proceeds to mend some skull fractures and closes Larry's back up with her hand. Except for some blood on his skin, he appears to be just sleeping.*
Bluephisto: Okay...done. You can all let go. *She passes out, hitting her head on a table as she falls with a sickening thud. Adam reaches her first and holds her listening to her body. Macphisto and The Fly have both stumbled behind Adam.*
The Fly: Adam! Is she okay?
Adam: I think so, let's get her out of here. *All three of them reach to pick her up. The Fly and Macphisto recoil as their hands collide. Adam sighs and picks her up himself, walking past the rival suitors into the hallway where Bono holds Bona.*
Adam: *Over his shoulder* He's fine now, take her in there. *He opens the door to another bedroom before him and carries Bluephisto in, setting her down on the bed and examining her head. Macphisto and The Fly are now standing on either side of the bed*
Adam: I have to go make a call...I'll be back soon. *Looks at the two men* Can I leave you two alone in good faith that you won't kill each other before I'm back? *They both nod reluctanly and Adam leaves, shutting the door. Both men are standing with their arms crossed, the Fly in black and Macphisto in red. They stare at each other for a second and then look at Bluephisto. The Fly climbs on to the bed and reaches for her.*
Macphisto: What are you doing?
The Fly: I'm just going to put her under the blankets, it that okay with you?
Macphisto: Well, let me help.
The Fly: No. Back off.
Macphisto: You're being ridiculous, here I will pull back the covers...*He does so and The Fly gently lays Bluephisto between the sheets. Macphisto tucks her in. The Fly starts to loosen them.*
The Fly: They're too tight...
Macphisto: *Sigh* No they are not.
The Fly: Whatever...
Macphisto: *snarling* What was that?
The Fly: Nothing, nothing...
*The Fly is still sitting on one side of Bluephisto on the bed, so Macphisto cautiously sits on the other. The Fly looks up at him but doesn't protest. They both look at Bluephisto, breathing shallowly*
The Fly: She hit her head pretty hard...
Macphisto: I think she's alright.
The Fly: How do you know?
Macphisto: She's a very strong girl...*He lights a cigar and inhales deeply*
The Fly: Yeah, yeah she is isn't she?
Macphisto: *Almost reassuring The Fly* Besides, she's already recovered from...much worse tonight. She was fine after that so ...A little bump on the head is nothing for her.
The Fly: You know, I had no idea what was going on there until you all brought her in...*He shudders a little* I thought she was dead.
Macphisto: *Looking off into the distance, his eyes darkening.* So did I...*Awkward silence*
The Fly: Yeah...*They both look at Bluephisto. Macphisto smooths a strand of hair from her forehead. The Fly looks at him and sees him looking at Bluephisto in a way he has never seen him look at anyone. The Fly's heart sinks, he really does love her,*
The Fly: Mac...
Macphisto: *Removing his hand* Fine. Fine. We'll just continue to sit here and pretend we don't want to kill each other.
The Fly: Sounds good to me...
Macphisto: *Mutters as he lights another cigar* You don't really... love her do you? I mean, you're not like that.
The Fly: Like what?
Macphisto: You know, the romantic sort.
The Fly: Pot? Kettle...Black.
Macphisto: Point taken.
The Fly: For your information...yes I really do. I am not just playing with her. I mean it.
Macphisto: *Looking down* Well then...that's good to know.
The Fly: By the way Mac, don't even try that seduction shit on her...
Macphisto: I already did.
The Fly: What!?
Macphisto: She wasn't interested.
The Fly: Really? *He smiles a little, and it angers Macphisto*
Macphisto: By the way Fly...I could make your life a living Hell just for pissing me off...the only reason I haven't snapped you in half like a little twig is because I promised her I wouldn't.
The Fly: *Smiling smugly* Good to know Mac, good to know.

Originally posted by Blueeyes: *Adam sighs and picks her up himself, walking past the rival suitors into the hallway where Bono holds Bona.*
Adam: *Over his shoulder* He's fine now, take her in there.

*Bono picks up the still frozen Bonaphisto and takes her inside. She lays eyes on the sleeping Larry and rushes to his side, throwing herself onto him and burying her face into the base of his neck and wrapping her arms around his shoulders. She showers his face with kisses. She runs a hand across his forehead, and Bono stands a few feet away, part of him wishing that he was on the recieving end of all this affection.*
Bonaphisto: Bono, what happened to him?
Bono: Motorcycle accident... he almost died.
Bonaphisto: *realizing* Bluey saved him...
*She throws herself back onto him, her head resting on his chest, listening to his heartbeat. She feels a hand run through her hair and looks to see Larry smiling down at her. She plants a kiss on his lips and gently lays him back down.*
Bona: Larry...
Larry: What happened? *Larry moves to sit up and winces with the pain of a body fresh out of surgery.* Damn...
Bona: Lars, you need rest...
Larry: The bike... *remembering the accident* How'd I survive?
Bono: You have Bluey to thank for that.
Bona: Lars, baby you need to rest.
Larry: How are you?
Bona: I'm fine, love... *kiss* but you need to relax for a while. You just went through major surgery...
*He reluctantly lays back down and Bona stays with him until he falls asleep. She then rises, and heads over to Bono, collapsing in his arms with tears of relief, fear, joy, pain and gratitude all rolled into one. He holds her closely, tightly and she sobs lightly. He plants a kiss on her temple, and several on her cheek, and then realizing he's getting a bit carried away, stops and resorts to rubbing her back gently. She's surprised to find herself comfortable in his embrace, and moves her arms behind his back under his wings, covered by a black coat. She buries her face into his shoulder and as he kisses her cheek she lets out a sigh of gratification.*
Bona: *thinking, forgetting that Bono can read her thoughts.* He's so gentle... he really is a beautiful creature. He saved my life, he's been nothing but comfort and support since he got here... if I didn't have him I'd be... dead.
*Bono says nothing, only smiles, kisses her temple again and sighs.*
Bono: *thinking* If it weren't for Larry... but she needs him.

*Adam is in the office about to make his call when he senses Bono's thoughts and emotions. He puts the reciever down and sits in the chair with concern.*
Adam: *Thinking* This is getting pretty serious... I expected a lot when Bono showed up, but not this... I'm surprised Bona isn't more drawn to him... I have to talk to him about this...

*The Fly and MacPhisto sit in the bedroom, watching over Bluey silently. MacPhisto gets up to leave.*
The Fly: Going somewhere?
MacPhisto: I'm going to check on Bona and Larry...
The Fly: Mackie, I don't know if that's such a brilliant idea... she might not wanna see you.
MacPhisto: I have to straighten this out.
The Fly: Ok, but be forewarned...
*MacPhisto sends him a smile and walks across the hall to Bona's room. He knocks, and gets no answer. Figuring that this is his house anyway, he enters and finds Bona in Bono's arms, in an embrace that seems more than just comfort. His eyes widen and a slow smile spreads across his face.*
MacPhisto: Well well well... What's this? Another Angel-human romance?
Bonaphisto: Not at all. *She steps back from Bono very slowly and stares at Mac calmly.
MacPhisto: *seeing Bona's seriousness* Bona...
Bonaphisto: Mackie...
MacPhisto: Will you let me explain?
Bonaphisto: What's there to explain?
MacPhisto: Bona, I'm sorry.
Bonaphisto: Oh! You're sorry. Yeah, that's fine, Mackie, you know I'm so used to having sex with someone then having him stab me in the stomach.
MacPhisto: I didn't mean to do that! Larry charged at me and that's what forced the blade into your belly...
Bonaphisto: Riiiight.
MacPhisto: Bona...
Bonaphisto: It's just very lucky I didn't lose the baby.
MacPhisto: Did you know about that when I seduced you?
Bonaphisto: *turning away from him and walking to the window.* No.
*MacPhisto starts to walk toward her, but Bono walks up to her protectively. MacPhisto saddens and realizes that he's lost the admiration and trust of nearly everyone. With a round of sex and an accidental stabbing, he'd lost everyone. He walks up to Bonaphisto anyway, and runs a hand down her arm. She turns and he plants a kiss on her cheek, and squeezes her hand gently.*
MacPhisto: Bona, I'm sorry... I'm so sorry... I never meant to hurt you.
Bonaphisto: *softens when she sees a tear run down his cheek* Oh... Mackie... I've known you for three thousand years... Me being mortal and in love shouldn't change that... I know you wouldn't do anything like that on purpose, especially lately.
*All three stop short when they see a hand wrap itself around MacPhisto's neck. Bona looks over at the bed, and sees that Larry has gotten up. He's a little weak, but nevertheless stands behind MacPhisto with his hand gripping his neck, a look on his face that is angry and determined.*
Bona: Larry, stop!

[This message has been edited by Bonavoix (edited 11-05-2001).]

*The Fly, greatly relieved that Macphisto left the room, takes his shades off and crawls over the bed to Bluephisto. He thinks to himself that Macphisto will be gone for some time so he takes his jacket off, gets under the covers, and puts his arms around her. The Fly kisses her face and talks to her softly, even though she is unconscious from the injury and the effort of surgery*
The Fly: Hey baby...you'd better be okay 'Cause there are lots of things we still need to do. Right beautiful? We still need to dance with each other at least twice, I've never shown you my place...it's much better than this dump. I've never seen you in the day time, I want to take you to vegas. I know lots of nice places...*He takes her hand and examines her fingers*. You can't hear me can you darlin'? No. Probably not. Poor honey, working so hard and getting thumped on the head...if you want I'll take that table outside and kick it's ass..*He smiles and smoothes her hair* I love you. Can't help it, just do...You know what I said to you a long time ago on the couch? I still have the ring in my pocket honey...I will ask you again later.*He kisses her very softly on the lips and looks at her* Waking up Sleeping Beauty? No? *Suddenly he hears shouts from Bona and Larry's room*. Oh what the Hell now!? *He grabs his shades and his jacket. He is still putting on his jacket over his shirtless torso when he bursts through the door to find a weak Larry trying to choke Macphisto. The Fly smiles and considers helping Larry finish him off, but reluctantly helps Bono pry Larry off of the devil.*
Bonaphisto: Larry!
Larry: *Still fighting them* You stay the fuck away from her, do you hear me!? If you lay a finger on her ever again I swear to God I will finish you off with my bare hands and spit on your rotten grave!
The Fly: *Trying not to smile as he holds Larry down to the bed* Come on now Mr Snarly, calm down you don't want to undo all Bluey's work!
Bono: Larry, please just relax.
Macphisto: *Rubbing his neck and trying to look dignified* Larry, I was just apologizing. I promise I will never touch Bona again. *Bona looks at Macphisto, startled, and begins to notice that something about him is different...*
Bona: Mackie...are you sober !?
Macphisto: *Clearing his throat and looking at his gold shoes* A little... now if you'll excuse me. Congratulations for being alive, having a baby, etc.*He leaves*
Larry: *Still ranting* I hate him Bona! I want to see him dead!
Bona: Larry, you do not...you're just upset.
*The Fly decides that he is no longer needed here and leaves Bona, Bono and Larry to talk things over. He sees Bona's closet door open and looks through the evening gowns, pulling a silver one out for Bluephisto to wear when she wakes up.*
The Fly: See y'all later. *Bona looks up at him and her eyebrows go up at seeing her dress in his hands. The Fly smiles and holds it up to himself as he backs out of the room* Do ya think it's my color? Bye!
*The Fly saunters back into Bluephisto's room to find Macphisto leaning over a still sleeping Bluephisto*
The Fly: *Throwing the dress into a chair* What the fuck are you doing!?
332567%3A%3B23232%7Ffp3%3Enu%3D3234%3E%3A%3A4%3E683%3EWSNRCG%3D32323684%3B8%3A76nu0mrj

[This message has been edited by blueeyes (edited 11-05-2001).]

Larry: *Still ranting* I hate him Bona! I want to see him dead!
Bona: Larry, you do not...you're just upset.
*The Fly decides that he is no longer needed here and leaves Bona, Bono and Larry to talk things over.*

Larry: Why are you defending him?!
Bona: Larry...
Larry: What?! Do you love him or something?!
Bona: Larry Mullen!
Larry: Do you?!
Bona: No!
Larry: Then why? Why, Bona, are you defending him? Why does it seem like every time I turn my back you're warming up to that... that...
Bona: I am not defending him.
Larry: Oh really? Then what is it?
Bona: Larry, I've forgiven him. Why can't you?
Larry: Because he's an asshole. He tried to hurt you, Bona... He stabbed you in the one place that could have killed my baby!
Bona: YOUR baby?! Oh, that's nice, Larry. I thought I was the one who's carrying the child inside my body---
Larry: OUR baby.
Bona: Thank you. Besides, there was no way he could have known I was pregnant. Larry, I didn't even know. I didn't find out until after---
Larry: Until after you tried to kill yourself? Dammit, Bona, I wouldn't be surprised if you miscarried.
*Bona stands stock still and silent at this comment.*
Bona: Is that what you want?
Larry: *softening* No. *pause* But I do want him dead...
Bona: Larry, Mr. MacPhisto is a devil---
Larry: That's obvious...
Bona: ---which means he's immortal. And so was I.
Larry: What do you mean "So was I?"
Bona: Larry, before I met you I was a devil also. Remember? I was immortal. I worked under MacPhisto as a tempter devil.
*Larry looks up, surprised but remembering the events of the previous party.*
Bona: Larry, I'm over 3,000 years old. I gave up my immortality to be with you, to love you. I'm going to grow old now, I'm susceptible to drunkenness, disease, everything I was immune to before, and eventually I'm going to die. Larry, I became human for you.
*Larry sits down and looks her over, and remembers the night he took her horns off her head.*
Larry: You love me that much?
Bona: Yes.
Larry: Three thousand, huh?
Bona: Yeah. About that.
Larry: How old is that body?
Bona: My body stopped aging at 28, kinda like yours did.
*She winks and smiles at him. He laughs lightly at this, seeming to finally have calmed down.*
Larry: Wow... three thousand?
Bona: *chuckles* Yeah.
Larry: The things you must have seen...
Bona: Yeah, I've been around...
Larry: You'll have to tell me about it sometime.
Bona: Whatever you want to know...

*Bono has been standing out on the balcony this entire time, wishing only to stay out of the way. Larry's rage concerned him, after he'd been in an accident that should have killed him and also gone through major re-creative surgery on top of it. Bono gazes out at MacPhisto's extensive gardens and his mind flashes back to earlier when Larry'd fallen back asleep. Bona'd come crying and she'd collapsed into his arms and he'd held her tightly. Her thoughts came back to him like a blinding light, "He really is a beautiful creature..." Bono turned around to see how Bona and Larry were progressing, and he turned to see Bona sitting on the bed beside Larry, him rubbing her back and he lays a hand on her belly. She covers his hand with hers and plants a kiss on his cheek, now laughing together instead of fighting. Bono watches Larry as he gets up and moves across the room to the stereo. He puts on a CD of some sort, and then he can hear the soft bass line of Louis Armstrong jazz coming through the doors. Larry moves over to Bona and takes her hands and leads her out to the middle of the room, and he pulls her closer to him and they dance, completely enveloped in each other's arms and caught in each other's eyes. Bono's mind starts to wander, and he pictures himself in Larry's position yet again, holding Bona close to him and inhaling her sweet, intoxicating scent, being able to kiss her without it being wrong somehow... His thoughts are interrupted when Bono turns his head and sees Adam walking straight toward him, a small smile on his face. Adam stops right next to Bono and watches through the window with him for a minute. Adam concentrates on the longing look on Bono's face and finally speaks softly.*
Adam: Bono, I think there's something we need to address.

VISITOR

i need to know...
The Fly is MY husband
i havent got into this club cuz ive seen no cause for The Fly being in it...but The Fly is Bono-ette Shades' husband....ME!!! im sorry..hee hee but..well..oh i dunno u all confuse meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

or did i confuse meself?
Bono-ette

------------------
"Follow the leader children, as we flap like a chicken..."
-Me

"Life is stupid sometimes, but with Bono to look at--it seems better"-Me

Roleplay luver
:::puts on shades:::
:::turns up "The Fly":::
:::dances:::

Originally posted by blueeyes:
*The Fly saunters back into Bluephisto's room to find Macphisto leaning over a still sleeping Bluephisto*
The Fly: *Throwing the dress into a chair* What the fuck are you doing!? [/B]
Macphisto: Nothing, just checking to see if she is awake yet. *The Fly grimaces and crosses his arms.*. Really, if you feel the need you can examine her for makeup marks...
*Bluephisto murmurs and stirs. Both men move towards the bed and look down on her. When she opens her heavy eyelids, she blinks in confusion*
Bluephisto: What are you two doing...what happened?
The Fly: You kinda fell asleep standing up and banged your head on the way down.
Macphisto: How are you feeling?
Bluephisto: A little confused, but fine.
*She looks from one to the other. The Fly looks at Macphisto and clears his throat...*
The Fly: *Ushering Mac out the door* Well, she needs some rest. Bye-bye now. *He shuts the door behind a startled Macphisto and returns to Bluey, kissing her forehead* Hey beautiful, can I bring you anything?
Bluephisto: A little water would be great.
The Fly: As you wish Madam...*He finds a minibar and sorts through it, finding a gorgeous glass bottle of water, chilled and ready to drink* Perfect! *He presents it to her like a french waiter* Will this do for zee beautiful lady tonight?
Bluephisto: Yes, that will be fine.
The Fly: *Kisses her on the shoulder and then the cheek* Well, now that you're awake and well...I'm going to find something to change into. Partially soaking wet leather is not the most comfortable thing to wear, surprisingly! Will you be alright until I get back?
Bluephisto: *Laughing* Yes mother.
The Fly: *Smirking* You are kinkier than I thought Miss Bluey! *He kisses her hand and leaves the room, grinning*
*Bluephisto sighs and opens the water. Creation is exhausting and she has never felt thirstier. She drinks the entire bottle in one long swallow, and licks her lips...The water had a bit of a strange taste to it, but she drank it so fast that she didn't notice. Bluephisto stands to change into the silver dress on the back of the chair and falls down...giggling.*

*After The Fly has gone, Macphisto paces the hallway deep in thought. Bona had forgiven him, true, but it was hollow. Larry hated him, The Fly hated him,and as for Bluey...part of him wished he had never seen her. Suddenly, her door was flung open and Bluey peeked out at him, flushed and snickering uncontrollably.*
Bluephisto: Maaaaaaaaaaaaackie! That's such a wonderful name....Mackie, mackie, mackie...*She laughs and hangs on to the door* How are yooooooooou?
Macphisto: I'm fine darling...are you alright? You seem to be a little unbalanced.
Bluephisto: No! No! I'm just *She waves a hand clumsily and rocks back and forth with the door* I feel a little strange. *she remembered something all of a sudden* Mackie! *She turns around. She is wearing a silver evening gown with the zipper undone in the back...* Mackie be a dear and zip me up will you? I can't do it for some reason my fingers aren't working.
Macphisto: *Looks up and down the hallway to make sure no one sees him and zips her dress up for her, relishing the warmth of her skin and wings so close to his hands* Bluey, dear...where is The Fly?
Bluephisto: Who? *She turns and if he didn't know better he would swear he smelled alcohol on her breath* Ohhhh, him. Yeah, he ummm...I really don't know.
Macphisto:*Incredulous* Bluey, have you been drinking?
Bluephisto: NO!! Oh No! I can't drink, I'm an angel you know. I just had water. *She points to the bottle on the table and Macphisto's eyebrows shoot up*
Macphisto: You drank that bottle?
Bluephisto: *swinging her silver skirt around* Yup.
Macphisto: The WHOLE bottle?
Bluephisto: *proudly* Yup!
Macphisto: Darling, that was vodka. That was not water.
Bluephisto: *Horrified but giggling* Oh no! Nooooooooo! I'm not supposed to get drunk!
Macphisto: Why not?
Bluephisto: *Wavers and catches Macphisto's jacket before she falls* Angels have a bit of trouble with...impulse control when we have a bit of...water or whatever. Very bad decisions. Soooo, nooooo drinking!
Macphisto: Really? *Setting her back on her feet*
Bluephisto: *Talking to a button on Macphisto's shirt*It's TRUE!!! And we have no inner monolouge...which means we could spill all sorts of state secrets. So that's why angels can't drink. Makes sense too. *Gasping, and looking at his face* Oh no Mackie! I'M drunk, I'M an angel...Hide me! Hide me! I'll be fired if they find out!
Macphisto: Fired?
Bluephisto: Oh yes...Quick, let's hide somewhere! You can't let anyone see me when I'm all wobbly!
*She tries to run down the hall but stumbles. Macphisto catches her, and holds her a little longer than necessary.*
Macphisto: Alright, come with me. We'll hide together, and I won't tell a soul.
Bluephisto: *Kissing him childishly on the cheek* Thank you Mackie! I knew I could count on you.
*Macphisto leads her down a stairwell and into a dusty room...*

[This message has been edited by blueeyes (edited 11-05-2001).]

Originally posted by Bonavoix:
Adam concentrates on the longing look on Bono's face and finally speaks softly.*
Adam: Bono, I think there's something we need to address.
Bono: Yes? What about?
Adam: *In the language of Angels* Bono, I've been watching you. Bluey has been too but she is not able to address this right now. I'm concerned about you.
Bono: *Looking off into the gardens* In what way?
Adam: *Awkwardly* Bono, since you've come I can't help but notice that you are especially close to Bona.
Bono: We get along.
Adam: I was worried about your presence making her fall in love with you.
Bono: Really?
Adam: Yes. However...sorry Bono but I'm just going to say it...you seem to pay a lot of attention to her. It makes me wonder.
Bono:*nervously* What do you wonder?
Adam: Well, I can't help but wonder if you are falling in love with her. Bono, is this true?
Bono: *Choosing his words carefully* I think she's lovely...
Adam: Bono...You didn't answer my question. Are you falling in love with Bona?
Bono: *Sighs deeply* I may be, yes. But I can't help it. I know she is with Larry and they are going to have a baby and it would be a sin if I...But I'm not going to. It's just a harmless crush Adam, I'm not going to break them up or anything! *He laughs*
Adam: Just be careful Bono, it's a long way to fall.
Bono: I know. I know. I won't let it interfere with my work.
Adam: Maybe you should be transferred somewhere else.
Bono: No, really Adam. I'm a professional. It's just a little crush on her. I can handle it, trust me. *Adam looks at him for a minute, wishing Bluey was awake to handle this*
Adam: Well, if you're sure that it's not serious...
Bono: I won't let it interfere.
Adam: Alright, but we should talk to Bluey about this when she wakes up, okay?
Bono: Sure thing... *Adam pats Bono on the shoulder and leaves the balcony. Bono stands alone, looking down into the shadowy trees below him...It is a long way to fall.*

Sorry about the delay...
smile.gif

----------------

*Adam's words rang over and over in Bono's head... "It's a long way to fall..." and part of him thought that maybe Bona was worth it.*
Bono: *thinking* If it weren't for Larry... If I could, I mean just once. Or if I could tell her... I love her.
*Bono panics when he feels a tear run out of his eye and he sinks down on the balcony.*
Bono: *thinking still* I'm so used to having them fall for me, not the other way around...
*Bono sits against the wall of the balcony and cries lightly, trying not to imagine what it would feel like to make love to her, trying not to imagine himself in Larry's position, trying not to imagine loving her for the rest of eternity... he could find a way for her to be immortal again... surely the Lord could find another use for an angel somewhere...*

*Bona and Larry are dancing in the bedroom, talking and laughing when Bona looks over and spots Bono sitting on the ground of the balcony. She lets go of Larry and moves out to the balcony and as she approaches him she realizes he's crying.*

Bona: Bono? What's wrong?
*Bono says nothing, wishing he could lie to her. He only looks at her face, her beautiful eyes, her smile and searches her face for something to say. By the look on his face, Bona immediately senses everything. She stands slowly, saying nothing, and offers him a hand.*
Bona: Would you like to dance?
*Bono smiles and stands, taking her hand and they walk back into the room. Louis Armstrong's "What a Wonderful World" plays softly over the room. Larry stands off a bit, and Bona smiles genuinely at him. She wraps her arms around Bono's shoulders, and inside he winces with torture, desire and above all, love. They dance slowly, and Bono pulls Bona closer to him, trying to look nonchalant in front of Larry, who has moved over to the mini-bar. Bono lets her hair brush against his face and he inhales the scent, and she wraps her arms under his coat, underneath his wings and rests her head on his shoulder. Amazingly, Larry has noticed none of this. Bono thinks to himself that no one has been this comfortable to him. No one has been this good, smelled this good, looked this good... No one he knew could have gone from being one of the best temptress devils in Hell to being a totally innocent, completely changed, totally loving and selfless human. Bono knew of only one being in all of existance who could initiate such a change, and that was the very face of Love itself, the one and only Jesus Christ, Lord, God, Creator and Savior of the world...*

*Macphisto opens the heavy black marble door at the bottom of the old staircase and flicks the light switch. Nothing happens.*
Macphisto: Oh dear...lights are out.
Bluephisto: *Completely smashed and giggling continuously* Where are the lights? I can't see...*She runs into Macphisto, he steadies her with an arm* Oh sorry Mackie, I didn't see you there. *Macphisto pulls a book of matches from his pocket and lights some candles nearby. The room is a gorgeous but abandoned old sitting room. A dark piano glistens in the corner, and the wine and gold furniture are lightly covered in dust. Bluephisto sits on one of the couches while Macphisto lights more candles, a cigar, and ignites the fireplace.*
Bluephisto: Ooooooooooooh, what a beautiful room!
Macphisto: Yes, I enjoy it. But stopped using it a long time ago...too far from the wine cellar for most parties. *The room glows with firelight and Macphisto sees Bluephisto standing by an old record player, wavering back and forth and trying to place the needle on the spinning vinyl. He walks closer to inspect what she is doing.*
Macphisto: *Watching her wavering arm* Would you like me to do that? *Bluephisto turns to look at him and trips over her shoes...the needle lands on the recording of "Carmen", and the habanera slinks out the speakers. Macphisto leans over the Angel giggling in a heap at his feet. He had never seen her like this, she was kittenish and adoreable.* Are you alright darling? Maybe you should stick to sitting down...
Bluephisto: No, no...it's these silly shoes I'm wearing. No more shoes! They must come off...*She tries to kick her shoes off but they are stapped over her ankles. She mutters at them and tries to undo the tiny buckles, then gives up with a spectacular flourish* Rrrr, stupid shoes! Why don't they come off? Shoes are MADE to come off! Mine are broken. Dumb shoes...You know, they shouldn't let you drink in broken shoes, it should be illegal....well it IS for some of us, I guess. *She kicks at them again and sighs* Mackie, can you think of a way to get my shoes off? *She lifts one of her shoes up to him, and her full silver skirt slides halfway down her thigh. Macphisto cannot believe his luck...*
Macphisto: Of course dearest...*He places one hand under her calf, and deftly undoes the buckle with his other hand*
Bluephisto:*Smiling* You haven't called me that in a long time...I like it. It sounds so nice from you. I always thought you had such a lovely voice...you can make anything sound good...Am I blabbing too much? Angels have been known to go on and on when they've been drunk, so if I talk too much just shut me up. *Macphisto removes her other shoe and smiles down at her*
Macphisto: No, dearest I quite like it.
Bluephisto: You called me dearest again...I think you should talk now. I love hearing you talk. *Sigh* You have such a lovely voice, or did I already say that? Did I? I dunno I can't remember right now. *Squinting at him* Why are you all the way up there? Come down here! Or... I'll come up there! *She reaches for his hands and he pulls her up. She wobbles and stares at Macphisto's hands around hers* Your hands are so big, mine just dissapear in them! I never noticed that before. *Her eyes travel up his arms to his shoulders to his neck and to his face. He is staring at her intently and hasn't let go of her hands*...Mackie, you're staring at me.
Macphisto: *Purring* Oh...am I?
Bluephisto: Yes...have I ever told you that you have a beautiful voice? *Giggles* I really love this music, don't you? It's gorgeous and so...I don't know. It moves, like dancing, or...I can't remember what. Must be the wine...or whatever i drank. You know, do you know that I've never been drunk before? Really! It's strange, everything is so simple...It's like *Her blurry cobalt eyes focus on his clear ice blue ones and she freezes* I just forgot what it's like...You have such pretty eyes. *The Music changes to a fast flamenco beat, and she pulls him towards her* Let's dance....but wait, you can't dance with that heavy jacket on...it needs to come off! *She peels his gold jacket off of his shoulders and it falls to the floor. The tempress wraps her arms around his burning neck and presses close to him, resting her head against his neck. He can feel her breath on his skin, and her warmth through the fabric of his shirt. His fingers move to the zipper of her dress...and stop. This wasn't the way it should happen. His body was screaming yes but...she was drunk. She was too drunk to know what she was doing...and after, she would hate him. It took every ounce of his strength to move his hand down to her waist.*
Macphisto: Dearest...
Bluephisto:*Looking up at him through sleepy eyes* Yes Mackie?
Macphisto: We should stop...dancing.
Bluephisto: No! Why!? You don't like me anymore do you?
Macphisto:*Tilting her face up to him and kissing her on the cheek* I love you.
Bluephisto: *After a pause* You really do don't you?
Macphisto: *Resting his head against hers and sighing* Yes, I really do...and I want to dance with you more than anything right now but you are far too drunk.
Bluephisto: I'm not ...*She falls asleep on his shoulder*
Macphisto: (to himself) This has got to be the silliest thing I've ever done...*He picks the sleeping angel up and carries her to a couch, where he watches her sleep for hours*

[This message has been edited by blueeyes (edited 11-06-2001).]

*Bono knew of only one being in all of existance who could initiate such a change, and that was the very face of Love itself, the one and only Jesus Christ, Lord, God, Creator and Savior of the world...*

*And at that moment, Bono knew that she'd become a child of God, just like Larry had always been. It had been an unspoken vow to Him, but she'd done it. Bono marveled at the change, and he adored her new personality, knowing what a fabulous mother she'd become. With an angel's sensitivity, he felt the tiny life growing inside of her, and made a promise.*
Bono: *whispering to the unborn child, inaudible to anyone else* I promise I will protect you and love you, I will guard you and keep you, I will know all your secrets and all your passions, I will be your refuge... and I will do the same for your mother.
*As he did this, he held Bona tighter and inhaled her scent more deeply, her cheek pressed against his and he couldn't help but kiss her silky skin. Bona looked up at him when she realized that Bono was trembling.*
Bona: You're okay?
Bono: I'm more than okay... *He hesitates*
*Behind Bono lies a pile of feathers, coming from his wings which are shedding them like rain. His skin has started to lose some of its supernatural glow.*
Bona: *noticing all this as Larry now stares at the pile of feathers on the floor.* Are you sure? Bono, your wings... what's happening to you?
*Bono turns to see the pile of feathers his wings have shed, and he turns back to her slowly.*
Bono: Bona...
Bona: *Knowing what's coming* What is it Bono?
Bono: Bona, I love you.
*Larry looks up at Bono, no emotion on his face except a kind of "I can't blame you" look. Bono looks back at him apologetically.*
Bono: Bona, I'm sorry... but I do. I never expected this to happen, but I love you.
*He scoops up the pile of feathers and runs out onto the balcony, climbing the steps and out of their sight. He gets to the roof and collapses onto the ground, panting and in tears again. He shocks even more to discover he's feeling something angels usually cannot experience. Without even looking, he discovers the heat, the swelling of burning desire between his thighs and he looks down to confirm a more than noticable erection. At that point he knew he was falling...*

*Back in the bedroom, as Bono runs out of the room, Bona starts to follow him, but Larry grabs her arm and pulls her back to him.*

Larry: Leave him be...
Bona: Larry, my god...

*Advisory warning on this one: It's a bit graphic and I'm putting a disclaimer on this, that no offense is intended by this.*
--------------------
*Bona picks up a loose feather and traces its edge with her fingers.*
Bona: I don't know what to do...
Larry: What can you do?
Bona: Larry... I don't want to hurt him, but...
Larry: But what?
Bona: But he did save my life, he did discover the baby, he has been the sturdiest thing I've had to lean on...
Larry: And I haven't been?
Bona: *wrapping her arms around him* No, you have... but frankly you haven't been around much since Mackie stabbed me, you left me *kisses him to calm his rising upest* I tried killing myself because I was miserable without you, Bono caught me, you came back, I find out I'm pregnant, you leave again and come back almost dead, and when you have been here one of us or both of us have either been sleeping, injured or making love. When I've started crying from all the pain and stress, he's the one whose arms I fall into because you're not here or not available for some reason or another. He's the one who held me when I cried.
Larry: *letting go of her and walking across the room* So then go. Leave... go to him if he's been so much better than I...
Bona: No.
Larry: Why? It's obvious I don't suffice...
Bona: Why?
Larry: Why...
Bona: Because I love you. You're the father of our child and I love you. I need you.
*Larry gives her a questioning look*
Bona: I wouldn't still be with you if I didn't love you. Larry... *She walks over to where he stands and runs a hand down his cheek.* I wouldn't do this if I thought you wouldn't suffice...
*She leans up and kisses him, lightly at first then harder. She looks up into his eyes again, and turns around, walking across the room and closing the open curtains. She walks back over to him and plants her lips onto his, licking his lips lightly as she pushes him up against the wall. He inhales from pleasure and she manages to remove his shirt, teasing his chest with kisses as she does so. Her mouth finds his neck and she slowly unzips his pants. He throws his head back in ecstasy as she works...*

*Adam has returned to Bluey's room to find her missing and he spots the empty vodka bottle on the counter. At first, he suspects that either The Fly or MacPhisto has consumed this, but a rather obvious ring of lipstick around the mouth of the bottle catches his eye. Knowing that Bonaphisto could not have possibly made her way in here, his mind concludes that Bluey was the only one who could possibly have consumed all this. He stops and senses her sleeping in a room downstairs, and heads down that way. He opens the door to the room and finds Bluey safely asleep on a couch and MacPhisto watching her peacefully, surrounded by lit candles.*

[This message has been edited by Bonavoix (edited 11-06-2001).]

*Adam cracks the door open a little more, peering through. Bluephisto is lying on her side on a plush wine colored couch, the large cushions dwarfing her. Bluephisto's bare feet peek out the bottom of her shimmering skirt which matches her wings almost perfectly. Macphisto is sitting with his arms resting on his knees on a chair that has been pulled next to the couch, smoking a cigar and looking at Bluephisto. She shivers a little in her sleep and Macphisto retrieves his gold suit coat from the floor and covers her with it. A ring falls out of the pocket and Macphisto sighs. It makes a perfect circle of gold on the cherry-black wood floor, Mac's fingers wrap around an edge and he almost slides it back on his finger, but grimaces and shoves it into his pants pocket instead*
Macphisto: *Muttering to himself* You're not even my ring anymore...are you? Come to think of it...*He looks at Bluey sleeping* Nothing that once was mine is mine anymore. *He rises from the chair and with typical Macphistish abandon grabs the nearest book and tosses it onto the fire. He watches the flames and exhales smoke for a moment. Macphisto slowly leans over the back of his chair, looking at Bluey and talking to her quietly in a deep, weary voice* Look what you've done to me...
*Adam cannot help but feel sorry for Macphisto. He obviously loved her and not even another man, or her complete indifference to him would stop that. Adam knocks on the door and Mac, startled, looks up to see a gold glow outside the door*
Macphisto: Ahhh, Adam...come in.
Adam: Hello...is she?
Macphisto: She's fine, she's just a bit tired.
Adam: *Testing Macphisto* Why is she so tired?
Macphisto: *Covering for Bluey* Well, she did perform major surgery in front of us and she hit her head rather hard, the poor darling...And after putting up with the Fly all day wouldn't you be tired too?
Adam: I see...Why is she down here?
Macphisto: I wanted to show her this room, it's quite lovely...pity it's so far from my wine cellars.
Adam: Speaking of which, I found a bottle of vodka in her room upstairs. You don't know anything about that do you?
Macphisto: I drank it.
Adam: You're sober.
Macphisto: Fly drank it.
Adam: The Fly doesn't wear lipstick...Macphisto?
Macphisto: What!?
Adam: Did Bluey drink it?
Macphisto: No.
Adam: Then who did? *Macphisto is out of ideas*
Macphisto: I don't know.
Adam: *Laughs* I don't know why you bother lying to me...I know she drank it.
Macphisto: You know? *Adam nods* She said she would be fired so I hid her down here.
Adam: Oh no...she didn't know it was vodka. She won't be fired for that.
*The door swings open again, and The Fly enters in his shades and a red leather suit*
The Fly: There she is! *He notices Macphisto in the semi-gloom* What are you doing here?
Macphisto: I live here Fly...I can be whereever I please. *He exhales cigar smoke through his red lips*
The Fly: I meant what are you doing down here with her...*The Fly leans down to kiss Bluey on the cheek just to annoy Macphisto, which it does...and stops* and why does she smell like she's been drinking?
Macphisto: Someone gave her a bottle of vodka...she was under the impression that it was water.
The Fly: Vodka?
Macphisto: Yes, vodka. She drank the whole thing, and asked me to hide her so she wouldn't lose her job.
The Fly: That was vodka?
Macphisto: You're not very bright are you? Yes...vodka, that's what I said the first time.
The Fly:*Looking suspiciously at Macphisto* Hmm, so you had the woman you "love" down here all to yourself drunk...How did her shoes and your jacket get off?
Macphisto:*Just to annoy the FLy, which it does* Whatever do you mean?
The Fly: Did you make anything happen?
Macphisto: *Inhaling his cigar, and exhaling luxuriously* Maybe it did, maybe it didn't....
*The Fly looks at Adam who shakes his head no*
The Fly: Awww, poor Mac. She still didn't go for you? Maybe next time... * The Fly leans down and picks Bluey up. She stirs and murmurs something about her head but doesn't open her eyes.* It's alright baby, let's put you in bed. *The Fly emphasises the last word and smiles at Mac, who is trying to look ummoved but is gripping the armrest of his chair* Byyeeeee. *The Fly carries Bluephisto up to her bedroom*
Adam: *Sensing Bono's fall, jumps up and hurries out of the room* Excuse me Macphisto.
*Macphisto is alone. He goes to the piano, throws the cover open and starts to play with the virtuosity of someone who has been playing as long as the instrument has been around...The sound drifts up the stairwell to Bluey's room where The Fly is climbing into bed with her. Their clothes lie in a heap on the floor and The Fly takes the semi-conscious angel in his arms and kisses her passionately. She is still quite drunk and groggy and kisses him back, wrapping her arms around his neck. They have sex in the dark; even more passionately, The Fly notices with pleasure, than their first time. When they are finished and lying in each other's arms, happy and warm in the pitch blackness of the room, a very sleepy, tipsy Bluephisto snuggles into the Fly and kisses his neck, murmuring drunkenly*
Bluephisto: Mmmmm, I love you Mackie.
*The Fly freezes...*

[This message has been edited by blueeyes (edited 11-07-2001).]

*Bono wakes up after a deep sleep, rubbing his eyes gently and he looks around. That dream... so strange. He'd dremt that he'd made love to another woman... she'd found him on the roof and in his fallen state he'd taken advantage of her thoughts. He looked quickly down at his pants and breathed a sigh of relief. The erection was gone now, but Bona was still heavy on his mind. Nevertheless, the dream meant he really was falling hard and fast. This thought frightens him and tears stream again, from love and fear. As he sits trembling, he feels a hand on his shoulder. He turns and there stands Adam, his golden wings shimmering even in the pale moonlight.*
Adam: Bono...
*Bono can do nothing more than to stare up at him, a look in his eyes screaming "HELP ME!!"
Adam: Bono, this isn't just an innocent crush. You're in a very deep state of love with her and you're falling fast. The dream you had was another signal of your fall.
*Bono sobs hard and clings to Adam's pant leg.*
Adam: I can't transfer you now that you made that promise to watch over Bona's baby, but you will be under very close watch.
*Bono gets up and walks to the edge of the roof. He gazes down at the trees below and finally speaks softly.*
Bono: Adam, is it too late? Have I fallen completely?
Adam: No, you haven't completely fallen and there's still a way to save you. We can't let you fall any further...
Bono: What has to happen?
Adam: You have to get rid of your misery.
Bono: The only way that can happen is if...
Adam: If Bona tells you that she loves you.
Bono: I'm afraid if that happens---
Adam: That it'll go too far? Bono, this is totally contradictory for angels I know... we're not supposed to do things like this, this is more of a Phisto thing to do, but... *he has difficulty saying it* Bono... Man, I wish Bluey was here to do this... Bono, the farther you go, the better your chances are of surviving.
*Bono looks at Adam in shock.*
Bono: Are you sure about this?
Adam: Got the word from the Lord.
Bono: But she's with Larry...
Adam: Bono, you have two options. You can either fall completely, or you can figure out a way to save yourself. I can do nothing more. It's your decision and I have to leave it to you. *rubs Bono's back comfortingly* If you need me, I'll be around.
*Adam walks away slowly, and Bono continues to lean against the railing, gazing at the gardens below him. A verse of song comes to his mind and he begins to sing softly in a very smooth, cool baritone.*

Peaceful flows the winding river
By the weeping willow tree
Pretty bloom the gay prim roses
In the meadows where they be.

Joyful sings the lark in heaven
Gently coos the turtle dove
Yet my heart is heavy in me
For I live not where I love.

I would with my true love wander
O'er the hill and o'er the lea
There I would be gath'ring flowers
Growing in my own country

Joyful sings the lark in heaven
Gently coos the turtle dove
Yet my heart is heavy in me
For I live not where I love.

*As he finishes the song, he hears another voice join in with him, a beautiful lyric soprano and he turns to see to whom the voice belongs, and his eyes fall upon Bona. He's stunned at her beauty and only watches her as she moves closer to him.*
Bona: Bono? Can we talk?

[This message has been edited by Bonavoix (edited 11-07-2001).]

Originally posted by blueeyes:
Bluephisto snuggles into the Fly and kisses his neck, murmuring drunkenly*
Bluephisto: Mmmmm, I love you Mackie.
*The Fly freezes...*
*Bluephisto opens her eyes, they feel almost glued shut.*
The Fly: Good Morning gorgeous.
Bluephisto: Fly?
The Fly: Yeah. Just Me. The Fly.
*Bluephisto rubs her forehead and looks to her right. The Fly is fully dressed in his red leather suit and shades and laying beside her on the bed. She smiles at him*
Bluephisto: My head hurts...what happened?
The Fly: What do you remember?
Bluephisto: Well...I remember waiting for you to get some water and then I...I think I talked to Macphisto at some point but I really have no idea what about. *She brushes dark stands of hair from her face and leans forward...The Fly admits she is the most beautiful woman he's ever seen in the morning* How long have I been out?
The Fly: That's all you remember?
Bluephisto: Yes.
The Fly: You don't remember talking to me last night?
Bluephisto: *Furrows her pale brow* No, I don't think so. Sorry dear! *He kisses him on the cheek* What happened anyway?
The Fly: Well, turns out that water I brought you was Vodka. You drank the whole thing baby!
Bluephisto: No!
The Fly: Yup, you were three sheets to the wind honey...Good thing I was around to take care of you.
Bluephisto: Did I do anything stupid?
The Fly: Well, there was some drunk talk but beyond that...not really.
Bluephisto: Oh no...what did I say?
The Fly: *Pausing and lighting a cigarette Oh just making a fool of yourself hitting on me the whole night! I mean you had me blushing child...If you weren't drunk I would have had to get Larry to defend me from you...but you took advantage of me anyway.
Bluephisto: *Laughing, thinking he's joking* Oh did I?
The Fly: Yes...and I expect to be taken out for dinner to make it up to me.
Bluephisto: So that's all I did, just try to pick you up all night?
The Fly: Well, before I got back from changing Macphisto had taken you down to some room...
Bluephisto: *Alarmed* He did?
The Fly: Yeah, when I got there you were sleeping.
Bluephisto: I was sleeping?
The Fly:*Examining his cigarette* Don't worry baby, Adam was there...
Bluephisto: Oh...okay. *She smiles again* And you came down and rescued me? How brave...*The Fly just smiles beneath his glasses* Fly...why don't you take off your shades so I can see your beautiful eyes?
The Fly: *Standing up and fishing a bottle of whiskey from the minibar* It's a shades kind of day, baby...a shades kind of day. *He pours himself a very tall glass and starts to drink it*
Bluephisto: Is anything wrong?
The Fly: Nah! Nothing a good drink won't fix...I'm going to the bar to get one.
Bluephisto: You have one.
The Fly: Well, you know what they say...one good drink deserves another. See you honey, oh and Adam wants to talk to ya. *He almost runs to the bar in the abandoned ballroom, downs his whiskey and takes off his shades to reveal red, puffy eyes.*
The Fly: *Mumbling to himself as he pours another drink* Yeah, it's a shades kind of day...

*Bluephisto doesn't need to be an angel to know that there is something wrong with The Fly. She dresses quickly in the silver gown on the floor...how did it get there? And starts to look for him when she hears the phone in the office ring. She rushes in and picks it up...it's for her*
Bluephisto: Hello? Oh hi, I can explain about the intoxication! ...Oh you know all about it? It's okay? *Sigh of relief* Oh thank you, I had no idea it was vodka, really.I'm so sorry!...*She sits down* Another job? Okay...What's special about it? Don't worry, I can handle it, whoever it is, I feel perfectly normal. Who is it? Hmmm, okay yes...Who is it? *She drops the reciever, and blanches then hastily picks it up and laughs nervously into the phone* I'm sorry, can you repeat that? I thought you said...*She freezes* You did...Ummm, *Her voice is shaking now as though she may cry* May I ask with all due respect if there has been some kind of mistake? Are you sure? *She rises and paces back and forth* Okay...I just, I don't see why he needs to be...I know not to ask questions in these matters but it just seems so strange...*She sits down and cradles her head in one of her hands the voice at the other end of the phone goes on and on*. Ummm, sorry to interrupt but do you see why this may be a little hard for me? You don't? Okay...*The voice goes on for some time* What if I said no? *The voice gets louder*...Really? Well then I'm really sorry but...I can't do it. No. I just can't. *The phone goes dead and Bluephisto leans back in the chair, stunned. The leather of the chair presses into the skin on her back where her wings used to be...A thought hits her and she jumps out of the chair, races out of the office and sprints down the hallway and around the corner to Macphisto's room. She opens the door...it's empty. Think, think, think!. She looks across the room, the light is on in the bathroom. Bluephisto races to the door and pounds on it*
Bluephisto: Mackie! Are you there?

*After last night's events, Macphisto felt particulary depressed. He hated himself for not taking his chance with Bluephisto, and he hated himself for even thinking of it in the first place. He had played the piano in the old lounge for hours last night, trying to drown out his thoughts, and the sound of a bed creaking from upstairs. Although he nearly broke the keyboard, he still hadn't played loud enough, and now he sat smoking with a throbbing headache in his luxurious marble jacuzzi, coaxing the cork off of a bottle of champange and wondering if he'd ever touch Bluey again. Suddenly, someone was banging down his door*
Bluephisto: Mackie! Are you in there!?
Macphisto: Bluey, darling, what are you doing? I'm in the tub...*Bluephisto runs into the bathroom in a panic and slams the door shut, locking it.*
Bluephisto: Thank God! *She looks at him for only a moment, then starts to rip out all the drawers in the dressing table, searching for something* Damn it!
Macphisto: Dearest! Your wings are ...they're gone!
Bluephisto: *still ripping the table apart* I got fired.
Macphisto: *Incredulous* Fired!!? But Adam said that you wouldn't get fired, I wouldn't have told him otherwise.
Bluephisto: Not that....*Almost shouting* I can't believe you don't have a gun in this house!
Macphisto: A gun!? What are you doing?
Bluephisto: A gun! I need a gun Mackie!
Macphisto: What for? Darling, you worry me!
Bluephisto: Where is it!?
Macphisto: Elvis used to keep them under the sink whenever he stayed over...
Bluephisto: *Finds a box under the sink and opens it, she takes out a gun and some bullets and begins to load the gun* Do you have anything bigger?
Macphisto: No...Bluey darling, what in the world is going on?
Bluephisto: *Pushing a dresser in front of the door* They want you dead...
Macphisto: Who?
Bluephisto: My boss wants you dead, they called me and told me to do it.
Macphisto: *looking nervously at the gun* They did?
Bluephisto: Yes, but I said no...so they fired me. I guess I'm human now.
Macphisto: *He moves to the side of the tub, and drops the champange bottle. *But, if you said no...
Bluephisto: They will send someone else to do it...that's what the gun is for. But I don't know who, how or where. *She approaches the bath* I have to stay here to protect you.
Macphisto: *She makes a lovely human, her skin is now rosy and vibrant*. You are human...how can you possibly protect me? I should be protecting you darling.
Bluephisto: You may be stronger, but you are also the target, let's not make you an easy one...I also have 3000 years of knowledge and experience, plus...*She pulls the hammer on the gun back* I'm an excellent shot. *Bluephisto sits close to Macphisto on the edge of the jacuzzi, she can feel the warmth of his arm on the skin of her legs*
Macphisto: Looking up at her back* You're human now...
Bluephisto: Yes I suppose so, I haven't had time to think about it, I rushed right in here.
Macphisto: So how does it feel?
Bluephisto: How does what feel?
Macphisto: To be human...
Bluephisto:*Suddenly conscious of the fact that Macphisto is not wearing anything and right next to her...she looks at the water droplets running down his back, and looks away, blushing* Fine, it feels fine I suppose.
Macphisto: So, what do we do now?
Bluephisto: *Looking down at him* Wait.

[This message has been edited by blueeyes (edited 11-07-2001).]

*Larry is in the shower and Bona is dressing when she hears a knock at the glass doors leading to the balcony.*
Bona *thinking* That's an odd place to come in...
*She walks over to the glass doors and pulls back the curtains, expecting to see Bono but there stands Adam instead. He has a calm but urgent look on his face. She opens the door and lets him in.*
Adam: Thank you... I would have come right in, but I wanted to make sure I wasn't interrupting anything...
Bona: *laughs lightly* Sure, that's alright. What can I do for you?
Adam: *hesitates* Bono...
*Bona sits down on the bed and sighs*
Bona: He told me he loved me.
Adam: That's very true. Bona, you have three thousand years worth of experience with us to know that since he's an angel and he's fallen in love with a woman who is basically claimed, he's falling because of it.
Bona: *picks up a shimmering white feather off the ground* He's falling because of me?
Adam: Hard and fast.
Bona: Is there a way to save him?
Adam: Well... yes. But it involves something that is a little... ehm... unorthodox, may I say?
Bona: What needs to be done?
Adam: He's miserable, Bona. That has to stop. He looks at you and it's like nails digging into him.
Bona: *realizing* I have to tell him I love him...
Adam: Yes, but that may not be enough.
Bona: I have to...
Adam: You may have to make love to him...
*Bona's stomach drops.*
Bona: But Larry...
Adam: I can handle Lars... the thing is, Bona... it has to be done genuinely, not because I told you too. If you so much as touch him, it has to be because you love him.
*She looks up at him*
Adam: Do you?
Bona: *hesitates, looking Adam straight and deep in the eyes, afraid to say what she's about to.* Yes.

[This message has been edited by Bonavoix (edited 11-07-2001).]

Back
Top Bottom