The presale was successful - OFFICIAL!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Roach Daddy

Babyface
Fans were quick to snap up tickets for the stadium shows in Manchester, London, Glasgow and Cardiff. Earlier in the week, U2.com, the group’s website, delivered a hugely successful online presale to its subscribers. Demand was such that Ticket Master’s system suffered meltdown as some 3 million attempts were made to purchase tickets.

U2’s European Tour Promoter, John Giddings said -“I am staggered by the response. The demand is unprecedented.”

see the MillenniumStadium (.com) website.

Will I be able to let a friend use my presale code and enter his billing/delivery address? I mean once typing in the presale code, do you then type in the billing and delivery address as you normally would when buying tickets?

Im giving my code to my mate to get Dublin tix as I have already bought tickets on the general sale. Obviously it will therefore need to be his billing and delivery address as I have already ordered tix once. I should think the code is just to get on a order page and doesn't contain any personal info, but just thought I'd check as a lot of other things i presumed on this whole ticket deal has been wrong!

Cheers for any replies :)

Vertigo Fly said:
Will I be able to let a friend use my presale code and enter his billing/delivery address? I mean once typing in the presale code, do you then type in the billing and delivery address as you normally would when buying tickets?

Im giving my code to my mate to get Dublin tix as I have already bought tickets on the general sale. Obviously it will therefore need to be his billing and delivery address as I have already ordered tix once. I should think the code is just to get on a order page and doesn't contain any personal info, but just thought I'd check as a lot of other things i presumed on this whole ticket deal has been wrong!

Cheers for any replies :)

Yes I think you can do that.

We had two members in our house. A friend had to pay for one of our tickets as we could not have them billed to our house. Just enter your presale code and then enter his address.

I think it should be ok?

Get a second opinion though cos I'm not to sharp this morning.

AbigailJ said:

Yes I think you can do that.

We had two members in our house. A friend had to pay for one of our tickets as we could not have them billed to our house. Just enter your presale code and then enter his address.

I think it should be ok?

Get a second opinion though cos I'm not to sharp this morning.

Thanks a lot for the reply. I might make a new topic asking the question as it is not exactly the same as the title. But cheers if anyone else can say any info, or is planning on doing the same thing.

well it was a succsess, i mean the amount of people that bought tickets that day was madness,just because u didnt get tickets dosent mean nothing

Well unfortunately I didn't get anything for the general sale. Not even nosebleed seats. I even had 2 computers running, got in right at 10:03, and... nothing. Nothing for the third Boston show either. I got completely shut out.

So I can say now that the $165 seats I got for Boston II through the pre-sale, which are decent loge seats, were definitely my only shot at seeing U2 this tour. So I guess I feel that the $40 paid for itself today, if only because I couldn't "make it on my own."

Back
Top Bottom