The Last Nite of the 1st Leg Questions..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

2heartsboston

The Fly
Wow yeah that train is heading into the Station folks ..

First leg almost over ....
Any Premonitions..........
Any Predictions .......
Any increase in Setlist on a Last Dance of the First Leg?....

Enjoy the Shows and be good to eachother .......

"IS Anybody ALive Out There?"

I'll be trying to get tickets for this show the day of at the box office *crosses fingers* If I can't, I'll be waiting until December.

I was hoping Vancouver 2 would be extended or special due to being the last show before a break. But it turns out that before a break they don't want to do anything special, they just want to get to their break :(

i was at the 6/22/01 NJ show, the final show the 1st leg of Elevation. nothing too exciting happened- though we did get the 'extra' verse for WOWY ('shine like stars...') and i believe they played 'Wild Honey', which was unexpected (dedicated it to Christy Turlington and Ed Burns). but aside from that, it was a pretty standard show... though i think the band was quite relaxed/looking forward to a bit of a break.

i was also at 12/2/01 final Elevation show in Miami. again, no major setlist shakeups... 3 fans did get onstage- Tattoo dan (his 3rd time), Jesus Matt (playing 'knockin on heaven's door), and Bellydancer Melissa (slow dance to 'bad'). so that was cool... and also, the band seemed really on fire- though bono's voice was quite shot (due to too much partying, he claimed!).

they were both fun experiences, but really nothing very major happened... sorry i can't be of more assistance!

i hope it's different at the 5/28 Boston show, as i'll be there, too!! :hyper: :applaud:

Sounds good Ally
heres hoping for just a song or 2 different and we welcome you to Boston.

2heartsboston said:
Sounds good Ally
heres hoping for just a song or 2 different and we welcome you to Boston.

yes, i'd love a bit of a setlist shakeup! they definitely mixed things up in boston on the Elevation tour, so let's hope they do it again! :hyper:

and thanks for the welcome... :cute:

*Ally* said:
i was at the 6/22/01 NJ show, the final show the 1st leg of Elevation [...] i believe they played 'Wild Honey'

Yep, that was the first time Wild Honey was played, and one of only two times it was played before the third leg.

I don't get the griping about Vancouver II. It actually had a bit of a surprise in the set. U2 did the so-called 'second night' set on the first night as it opens with COBL and they'd done the COBL shoot the previous day, so the second night should've had the 'first night' LAPOE set, but instead, although they essentially used the 'first night' set, they opened again with COBL. So it wasn't totally standard from that point of view, it did have something a wee bit special.

Really, when you look at Boston III --> Brussels, you see U2 don't have much of a break! And remember, this is the THIRD night in Boston. It should see a more varied set. I'm really looking forward to it! Hopefully, because of the variation element, U2 will choose to end this leg on an exciting note somehow.

Bet you they play Crumbs.
To continue on the premiere a song at the end of a leg thing.....:lol:.....which is only happend....once of the top of my head.

yea i was at the jersey show to end the first leg of elevation, too... wild honey was cool, but overall it was nothing that spectacular... the shows at MSG earlier in the week were much better.

thus why i'm much happier that MSG ends my run of concerts this year, rather than begin the run

frankly i think it depends on the venue... having the last show of the first leg in boston will help, as opposed to the last show of the third leg in portland of all places.

Last edited:
So maybe now we will get Waiting till the End of the World??

or B A D as well?
on Final nite 5/28..........

Back
Top Bottom