So who here wants a U2 NA stadium tour in May 2006?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

knox

Refugee
I've never seen U2 in a stadium, and I know the Europeans here will swear that I'm lucky to see them in a smaller venue, but the U2 stadium show seems to be something special, and I'd like to see one just once, and I can't be the only one.

I think one would fit...they have studio time scheduled for March, IIRC, and they might even have a new record to promote, ala Zooropa. I also want to see the stadium production for Vertigo, as it looks like it might be more significantly different from the arena production, unlike Elevation.

So I think that they should do a short North American stadium leg, in the following cities, with venues suggested by yours truly:

Boston [Gillette Stadium, Foxboro, MA]
New York [Giants Stadium, East Rutherford, NJ; Yankee Stadium]
Philadelphia [Lincoln Financial Field]
Toronto [Rodgers Centre]
Chicago [Soldier Field]
San Francisco [McAffee Coliseum]
Vancouver [BC Place Stadium]
Los Angeles [LA Coliseum, Dodger Stadium]
Mexico City [Estadio Azteca, if they do concerts there]

And of course, before or after this US jaunt, they should definitely do shows in South America. Then go back to Europe and Australia or something.

Last edited:
Rodgers Centre.... just doesn't have that pring to it as the Skydome did.... Nor does Ballpark have a ring like Pro Player..... Damn naming writes.....

SMB

I can't believe they'd willingly remove "SkyDome" from the name of the place. I could see "The Rodgers SkyDome", but you are right, "Rodgers Centre" sucks. :madspit:

Headlining Coachella and 2 stadium nights in Calgary!!!!!

I'd also trade BC Place for 2 nights at T-Bird Stadium on the UBC campus(30,000 each) It's a personal dream of mine, but ain't gonna happen. There's also 2 brand new stadiums in Seattle that have never hosted a concert.

It's hard putting u2 in a San Fran stadium if the fall oakland shows still have tickets available.

As for the odd corporate names that change every several years - is "Dunkin' Donuts Center" the funniest? What's even more confusing is the knicknames: The Garage, The Igloo, The Sharktank. The Garden.....

u2fp

North America just got two legs already. Here's an emphatic HELL NO to a 2006 stadium leg. Only after a decent tour of the rest of the planet. I'm talking another European leg, one that visits the eastern part of the continent, then a South American leg, visits to Africa, mainland Asia, and Japan, and then an Australia/NZ leg.

Only upon completion of a proper world tour should U2 go back to North America.

Axver said:
North America just got two legs already. Here's an emphatic HELL NO to a 2006 stadium leg. Only after a decent tour of the rest of the planet. I'm talking another European leg, one that visits the eastern part of the continent, then a South American leg, visits to Africa, mainland Asia, and Japan, and then an Australia/NZ leg.

Seconded, north America has already gotten two legs, and twice as many shows as the rest of the world. Plus, you get tickets at half the price we have to pay for them. There are many places, countries even, that would value the experience of having 1 U2 concert and you cannot value the fact that you have gotten 50/75/100? in one year/tour?

Whilst we're at it, who here supports a U2 RA-D's back garden tour in 2006?

Last edited:
OT: have they really done that to the skydome? Loved that place last time I was up that was and that was such a fitting name.

Axver said:

I'm with you on that one, do the rest of the world first u2 before you spoil America again with your presence!

Plus, you get tickets at half the price we have to pay for them.

I can't believe this statement. Are you talking about the $49 tickets? Only a small percentage of concert goers are getting these tickets. Most of us have been paying $150 or $100..

knox said:
I can't believe they'd willingly remove "SkyDome" from the name of the place. I could see "The Rodgers SkyDome", but you are right, "Rodgers Centre" sucks. :madspit:

It's ROGERS, not RODGERS, and I agree, it does suck.

Depends if U2 wants a run at the highest grossing tour of all time.

That said, it's way to premature to wonder about u2 returning to Boston for the 3rd time when they have yet to play there for the 1st.

u2fp

Last edited:
bono_man2002 said:
The only people who need another American tour, in America are the scalpers.

Yeah right !! ... :giggle:
You've got to be kidding us here !! :laugh:

Because of these scalpers, alot of Americans have NOT been able
to get tickets for this tour ... So, I say if America did get another
tour "down the road" (whether it be arenas or stadiums) ... that would be GREAT for those American people who did NOT see U2 now, as they could get another opportunity in the future.
:applaud:

Hell, I say if they want to do a 4th tour here, bring 'em back!

Greedy? Obviously.

Am I concerned Scots, Aussies, Czechs and Outer Mongolians aren't getting enough shows? Would they care if Americans weren't getting enough shows?

I say skip the rest of the world and do nine North American Tours...nah just US Tours.

Personally, I prefer arena dates versus stadium dates, so I can see them 3 times instead of just once.

However, if I had to choose between a stadium Leg 5 or no Leg 5 at all, I'd gladly go and see them at a giant stadium.

martha said:
Stadium concerts suck. I like to actually see the band during the show.

and the sound is usually crap as well. I'm glad only three of the U2 shows I've seen were in stadiums. One was the worst show I've been to, and the other two couldn't compare to indoor shows.

knox said:

Nobody here calls it that regardless of the fact they've slapped gigantic Rogers Centre signs all over the damn thing.

It's always gonna be the Skydome.

guys guys guys.
first of all I will admit this much... I saw the title of this thread and I thought what is NA??
so after I realised what that stood for and feeling pretty stupid, I have to admit all of my U2 gigs have been in stadiums here in Dublin and also in Melboure, I would LOVE to see a U2 gig in a smaller venue... can you begin to describe how cool it was for you???

actually I would like to add, I am tall enough and eager enough and have made my way to the front of most of U2s gigs, so I have actually seen the band, not just on a massive screen from miles away!

knox said:
I've never seen U2 in a stadium, and I know the Europeans here will swear that I'm lucky to see them in a smaller venue, but the U2 stadium show seems to be something special, and I'd like to see one just once, and I can't be the only one.

I think one would fit...they have studio time scheduled for March, IIRC, and they might even have a new record to promote, ala Zooropa. I also want to see the stadium production for Vertigo, as it looks like it might be more significantly different from the arena production, unlike Elevation.

So I think that they should do a short North American stadium leg, in the following cities, with venues suggested by yours truly:

Boston [Gillette Stadium, Foxboro, MA]
New York [Giants Stadium, East Rutherford, NJ; Yankee Stadium]
Philadelphia [Lincoln Financial Field]
Toronto [Rodgers Centre]
Chicago [Soldier Field]
San Francisco [McAffee Coliseum]
Vancouver [BC Place Stadium]
Los Angeles [LA Coliseum, Dodger Stadium]
Mexico City [Estadio Azteca, if they do concerts there]

And of course, before or after this US jaunt, they should definitely do shows in South America. Then go back to Europe and Australia or something.
They would play Oakland Coliseum most likely if they came to th e bay area

I love U2 stadium shows, as much as I like the indoor shows. The sound is way better outdoors and the production is a pure mindfuck. Epic, glorious, massive, love it. It is nice to see them up close, but if I want to see them up close I'd rather have a club show over an arena.

U2 at the rose bowl...that would be neat.

but i think stadiums are too big for my taste. i wouldn't want the band to look like ants from where i am sitting.

Back
Top Bottom