print your own tickets legit?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rica

The Fly
I broke down and bought 2 tickets on EBAY for the last Boston show as my security blanket. (still trying to find tix 5/26). The seller was a company, Vivid Seats and I got my tieckets very within two days but it is a print your own ticket page.

I am old school and was expecting a real ticket. Any way to verify if this ticket is legit? What would prevent the seller from making a copy of this and selling it a few times? Need reassurance that I am getting in

They're likely legit if they came from a licensed broker, but you always have to be careful buying ticketfast tickets from a third party as they can be printed out of the pdf file more than once, and the bar code scan will only work for the first ticket scanned at the turnstile, if someone else then tries, they'll be denied entrance.
Don't know if you have any way of guaranteeing things, but I'd say get to the show early just to be safe.

I wouldnt buy a ticketfast ticket off ebay but from a broker I am sure its legit.

Regardless of your opinion of brokers, they don't stay in business very long by scamming people with counterfeit tickets.

ticketfast tickets tickets period or not safe, if someone breaks into your TM account, they to can print the ticket and then you're screwed when they use the scanner to read your ticket at the door. Old school or not, printed tickets are always the best and to pay the extra $15 to have it fed ex'd or whatever is good for security and you actually have a ticket. I just find ticket fast tickets cheap looking.

cmb737 said:
Regardless of your opinion of brokers, they don't stay in business very long by scamming people with counterfeit tickets.

Hate to beat a dead horse, but I got burned by a licensed, legit broker once. Sure, I got my money back, but three hours down and back to Red Rocks only to get shut out of actually getting in an REM show still sucked.

Even brokers play games -- in this case, they sold 8 tickets, 4 originals, and 4 replacements after they reported the originals stolen / lost and TM reissued.

Bottom line ticket purchasing safety - in order IMO:

A U2 fan / someone on Interference
A local broker / someone you can physically talk to
Legit ebay seller with 100% positive feedback

Always ask if they have the original TM confirmation and see if they will give it to you. Always use a credit card -- at least your money is relatively safe.

Back
Top Bottom