Pittsburgh Setlist Watch and Party, Part II - Live At The Beehive

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Axver said:

Do you have any clue about what time that'll happen? I really, really don't want to endure the whole thing. You have my pity.

I pray not within the first 45 minutes as I will be running late. :happy:

Here is the article from todays Sun Herald : http://www.smh.com.au/news/music/fi...s-biggest-stars/2005/10/22/1129775996434.html

I find it hillarious that they claim it was top secret when I bought my tickets on the exact same knowledge 1 month ago. Anyway. I would assume somewhere near the end. :sad:

beau2ifulday said:

That's easier said than done ;)

If you give me your e-mail, i'll send the performance in your direction :)

edit: damn you, Timothius! Beating me to it :angry:

And thanks to you as well! Your kindness does not go un-noticed. WOW! (as Bono would say) Everyone is so nice on these forums! I'm not worthy!

RademR said:
whats up every1?

just flew home from florida, anything special tonight?

The party had at least one girl, if you get what I mean. :wink:

timothius said:

I pray not within the first 45 minutes as I will be running late. :happy:

Here is the article from todays Sun Herald : http://www.smh.com.au/news/music/fi...s-biggest-stars/2005/10/22/1129775996434.html

I find it hillarious that they claim it was top secret when I bought my tickets on the exact same knowledge 1 month ago. Anyway. I would assume somewhere near the end. :sad:

I'll tune in and try to catch it, but ... ewww, the Arias. Look at all the crap nominated. It makes me cringe. I hope Evermore and Shihad at least pick up some awards.

catlhere, if Queen Bee doesn't sort you out, i'll send it your way tomorrow - I have to go sleep right now though :)

Night, everyone :wave:

Queen Bee said:

I just resent it. Let me know if it works :)

It was just my own computer being a lame@$$ and not letting me download it at first, so I decided to just open it straight from the link and it worked. Thanks so much everyone... EVERYONE! EVERYone.

timothius said:

Not really - they are okay, a bit wanky for me. But they are the second best artist nominated for anything. :wink:

I've heard a couple of songs and enjoyed them. Was actually going to order their CD just out of curiousity but never got around to it ...

Alright everyone is going to bed, so I better find something else to do. It's only 9:15 here on the west coast, but I keep forgetting not everyone lives in my time zone. (what a typical Californian :| ) anyway. Night Y'all.

And a big :applaud: to everyone's help on the stream tonight, as well as the Please links of course.

I don't know if someone already confirmed it, I saw someone say they thought they heard it, but people said no... but YES, Bono said "Miroslava". He dedicated Old Man River to her!!! Congrats Miroslava, how awesome. I see your posts on here all the time (I usually just read with my baby girl on my lap, hard to type). I was sitting to the side of the stage, Edge's side and I'm going to assume you were the one in green??

Awesome, Awesome show! The best I've personally seen. Party Girl, holy crap, what a treat!! That guy they pulled up to play was great!

Last edited:
I've already created a thread devoted to Party Girl and the audience member, Alan, who played it perfectly. :)

It's Pittsburg the oldest venue on the entire tour?

I know San Diego and LA Forum are from around the same era. IIRC, MSG was renovated in the late 60's.

What I remember from the poor quality of the phone stream's audio was that Bono said "Mississippi" before Ol' Man River and then I thought I heard a "Miroslava" afterwards, but it was strange as it seemed during the encore break, while the band were off stage.

Maybe it was just my connection buffering weirdly. :huh:

For a quiet town and place rarely visits, Pittsburgh was loud tonight. Bono seemed like he was blown away by the support the crowd gave him. Call me crazy, but that arena sounded louder tonight than most places the band has visited.

HelloAngel said:
Did Miroslava have a sign with her name on it or something? :hyper:
I believe she had more than one sign. Ol' Man River seems to be a strange dedication though. Wonder what the story is behind that?

u2wedge emailed me and confirmed he did say Miroslava's name. No further details at this time.

And U2 will be playing Staples Center in L.A. The (oldf) Forum is rarely used for concerts anymore...

:wave:

I'm just wondering - do any of those who went to the show remember the snippets during Electric Co.? I heard Send In The Clowns and See Me, Feel Me but it seemed like there was something else with Clowns - Break On Through, perhaps?

Bono was talking about the Mississippi river and then said "this one is for Miroslava" and proceeded into the song. She was standing directly in front of him in the ellipse :wink:

Axver, I don't remember anything else with Electric Co, but I'm curious to see if anyone else remembers!

Y2K said:
For a quiet town and place rarely visits, Pittsburgh was loud tonight. Bono seemed like he was blown away by the support the crowd gave him. Call me crazy, but that arena sounded louder tonight than most places the band has visited.

I totally agree. Last night was crazy and you could just tell Bono was blown away. A few times he seemed to step back and just look around in awe. It was a wonderful night last night, it really was.

ultrraviolette said:
Bono was talking about the Mississippi river and then said "this one is for Miroslava" and proceeded into the song. She was standing directly in front of him in the ellipse :wink:

:ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:
Really? That girl just keeps gettin' luckier and luckier.

:reject:

Ok, seriously.. free Belly Rubs to anyone looking for good Bono Luck :reject:

Don;t have a lot of time since I am presently drying all my camping crap and need to head to the Palace later tonight, but here's the lowdown. April, Lies and I ended up being numbers 2, 3 and 4 in line. We annoyingly sang the Gloria 2, 3, 4 all night and all day and swore that if Gloria got played, we'd take it as a shout out to us :wink: We did steal the Electric Co. 2, 3, 4 and pretended it was for us though

Line sucked in the rain, but such is the life. I did help Super_Fan with the line numbering, and for anyone complaining about it. I know that I personally explained the system to tons of people and those in line have to remember that the number is a tool to help YOURSELF keep your place in line, it is not a guarantee. Those in line have to put forth some effort from their end. I know I do when I am further back in line...

*steps off soapbox*

So my ticket beeps in. Much freaking out ensues. I tell security April and Lies are with me and head toward the ellipse to claim the sweet spot... just off to the right of Bono's mic. Girls arrive, much more freaking out ensues. For whomever asked if I was the one in green, yup I was.

Show starts, I whipped out a PLEBA-ish sign that I had made for Adam. He laughs, we have him locked in for the rest of the night... Much love from Mr. Clayton for April and I :hyper:

Let's see... I also had my regular "Free Spanish Lessons & Mysterious Dances (with the modification to Flamenco-ish Dances) sign hanging off of the barrier. Bono came over during Beautiful Day and while he was singing to me he said "Teach me, teach me, teach me" At some point he also reached for my hand and I for his, but then he started to do the ET phone home routine, so I switched to one finger too...

During the intro to Miss Sarajevo he said something to the effect of "Well, I have been taking spanish lessons, but also Italian lessons... " I'm claiming it as a shout out :reject:

And then finally, half way through One, I whipped out this sign (just on a regular piece of 8 1-5 by 11 paper)

http://tinypic.com/es7wgp.jpg

I seemed to recall that he had tacked on a bit of that song to One before, so I figured that if I had a shot, that'd be it... He noticed it right away and read it while he was strumming his guitar. He smiled after he was done reading it and I put it away. As One was ending (this is all fuzzy, so might not be 100% accurate) he pointed at me and off mic said something like "this is for you" or something similar... I was trying to look cool and not :drool:

It looked like he was trying to get himself together to play it, so I nervously tried to switch to my other sign

http://tinypic.com/es7wib.jpg

My hands were shaking, so April helped me out :kiss:

He then looked at it, smiled and then said my name along with whatever else he said "This is for you Miroslava" or something else....

:faint:

So yeah, who knows what the hell I did earn such good U2 karma, but I swear to god, this really must have just put me on the red...

:reject:

Ok, off to prepare for the Detroit shows

:wave:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom