Petition to U2 and U2.com

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ticketmaster screwed me. 3 times I had great/decent seats, only to have the order fail at the last step.

Today makes me sick to be a U2 fan, from a guy that saw his first show at the US Fest in 83,

Chris P

This attitude that U2 don't care about the fans is bullshit. They care about the fans more than anything. There are other factors as to why this pre-sale was screwed up today. People make mistakes, so let's let them fix them.

mellyinsf said:
http://www.atu2.com/news/article.src?ID=1223

that is the link I read, the article is dated 2001. It's probably my mistake, sorry all.

No it is the mistake of the author. They meant to type 2005 not 2001. U2.com had nothing to do with ticketing in 01. Propaganda mailed you a form on which you made selection (with back ups). I ended up with 2 GA floor tickets for 3 different shows (2 ticket max per show 4 per leg). My first choice in every instance which I think was most peoples experience. Although I got tickets at least, they suck. Given the experiences of others, I guess I should be happy, but I am not. When my office staff had a U2 disc playing, I told them to turn that shit of. To sell us down the road where they know the dam number of members exceeds the number of tickets they are going to allocate is inexcuseable. There is NO solution at this point to fix this F'in mess. If they open more seats to presale, how is that fair to those that were "lucky' enough to get through and payed for $170 shitty seats having used their code already when they would much prefer GA seats?

Well even though i didn't try to get tickets today, i feel bad for all of you.
But i could see this coming, just knowing that you had to purchase the tickets off the net.

I hope for the fall U2.com rethink selling tickets off a website, because obviously it doesn't work well...Unless they like seeing long time fans feeling screwed and upset....If i was them i wouldn't.
Goodluck everyone i hope U2.com and U2's mangament wake up and listen!

Hey guys over there ITS NOT WORKING!!...We deserve more.

Thank you.
Nancy

I am also signing this petition. I was able to get tickets, 2 in the nosebleed upper-level. I had those for about 10 seconds before I went to finalize my order, received an error message, and lost the tickets. Now I have NO tickets, a code that is useless, unanswered e-mails to U2.com and ticketmaster, several wasted hours on the computer trying to figure out what the hell i'm supposed to do now, and a giant headache.
I am furious about how this whole ordeal was handled. At the very least a little official insight into what the hell were supposed to do now would be nice.

I JUST GOT OFF THE PHONE WITH FANFARE 1-800-615-1324.

THEY BLAME TICKETMASTER FOR THE PROBLEM.

THEY DID TAKE DOWN MY INFORMATION, I ASKED FOR A REFUND OF MY $4O FOR THE U2.COM MEMBERSHIP

UNTIL WE ARE ABLE TO FORM A COALITION OF THE WILLING ANGRY SCREWED U2.COM MEMBERS, I SAY WE ASK FOR OUR MONEY BACK FROM U2.COM, VIA FANFARE.

1-800 615-1324

Lancemc said:
This attitude that U2 don't care about the fans is bullshit. They care about the fans more than anything. There are other factors as to why this pre-sale was screwed up today. People make mistakes, so let's let them fix them.

More idiotic nonsense from you.

I'd be willing to bet that if you were with the majority that did get the shaft today you'd be welching your brains out.

Hypocrite.

Just because you got tickets, doesnt mean that the situation is ok and not a big deal.

Fuck you. For most of the day I did get the shaft, and I wasn't realy that upset. Know why? Because I'm reasonable enough to know that I will have other opportunities to get tickets, and that constant bitching and moaning don't accomplish shit.

Lancemc said:
Fuck you. For most of the day I did get the shaft, and I wasn't realy that upset. Know why? Because I'm reasonable enough to know that I will have other opportunities to get tickets, and that constant bitching and moaning don't accomplish shit.

I hope you get the shaft next time around, to feel the sting. Lets see how reasonable you are then.

H-Y-P-O-C-R-I-T-E

I'll sign this. I didn't get screwed over today, but that's only because I already got screwed over when Fan Fire lost my Prop code and wouldn't give me one. After TWO MONTHS of emailing everyone at that company and Principle Management, I can clearly see that they don't give a fock about any of it. And Ticketmaster....grrrrrrr, don't ge me started.

Vive la Revolution!!

Candice Caldwell, still a U2 fan after getting jerked around for months....

Aside from the two times I get screwed on the Elevation tour, don't think I have never gotten screwed out of soemthing like this before. I have felt the sting, but I get over it quickly. Maybe then I could do something constructive instead of spend all my time cursing the band and management cause I didn't get tickets.

And even if I didn't, your use of the word "hypocrite" doesn't apply here. The only way you calling me a hypocrite would be true is if I said that the pre-sale fiasco was no big deal, and then I went on to bitch about not getting a good seat or soemthing. THAT would be being a hyporcrite.

But sorry, I don't mean to stop you from using your new word you learned. It must be nice to be an ideot.

U2WOJO said:
No it is the mistake of the author. They meant to type 2005 not 2001. U2.com had nothing to do with ticketing in 01.

U2.com did have an internet presale (in addition to Prop) in 2001 for both legs of the US tour.

The difference was the code was given by the free site (for free), and ended up being posted everywhere on the internet.

bonosleftone said:

I hope you get the shaft next time around, to feel the sting. Lets see how reasonable you are then.

H-Y-P-O-C-R-I-T-E

So uh, how exactly is lancemc being hypocritical? Just because his/her opinion differs from yours doesn't make him/her hypocritical. Get off your high horse. NO ONE is happy with the situation - even those that got GA tickets just fine aren't happy with the fact that thousands of other fans got shafted. Lancemc is just trying to be positive - maybe you should try, too.

And before you ask: Yes, I got tickets, though not the ones I wanted, and I spent most of the day trying to deal with this shit (or rather, my dad did. I was at school.)

Petition

Still love the band and the music. Looking forward to going to one show and will try for more, but add me to the list too. This could have been handled better. I'm optimistic that somehow U2 will make it right in the near future.:yes:

I wouldn't ever turn around and say "fuck you" to U2. I'm not saying this out of blind loyalty - I'm as thoroughly annoyed with the ticket situation as everyone else, but I still respect the band and love their music. It is apalling that the majority of us had so many problems - but that was due to the two organisations involved, U2.com + Ticketmaster. When I complained in my earlier post, those are the people I was talking about - not the band themselves.

Let's see how Bono, Edge, Larry and Adam react to the crap their fans have had to deal with, before we make a judgement on them.

I think if U2 (the band) handles this the right way with class, they could even come out looking better than they did before this whole ordeal.

My u2.com & interference username is: tommywaddle
I am signing this petition as well. I was not given achance to by tickets @ 10 am when the preale started. I kept on getting an error message until 10:21 or so. If ticketmaster new how many people were on the u2.com fanlist this should not have been a problem. Maybe they could of had presales at different times for every city. I will ty again on saturday or maybe the TBA concerts. You can't keep a good dog down. I will remain optimistic.

Last edited:
nicodemus49 said:
And as for Bono's constant politicking regarding debts and the greed of commercial organizations, well congratulations, because this is what you have become....see you in San Diego !!!

Well, okay... but then Bono's banging on about starvation, international debt, and AIDS... whereas we're whining over some tickets, for fucks sake. I think he wins on that score...

Last edited:
I have been a U2 fan for over 20 years. I have never been so frustrated, disappointed, disheartened, disgusted and down right pissed off as I was today. I have tried in vain since 10:00 a.m. this morning to get one pair of decent (not nosebleed, or at the opposite end of the arena) tickets, and I have seen nothing but shit tickets all frigging day.

And that was when I could even GET IN. Most of the morning was spent getting error messages.

I don't want a refund from u2.com.

I want my goddamn tickets! I want to see my favorite band without having to take out a loan to do so.

Is anybody listening???? Does anyone "in charge" give a damn?

I just want to cry...

trish, I hear ya! I got tickets to San Diego and I still have to drop $300 on a plane ticket. What the F$%^!!! I hope they release more tickets tomorrow for general admission. I have a feeling they will with everyone's complaint. Count me in the petition.

For all those who have already decided they are giving up and will NOT pursue acquiring tickets from either online sources or scalpers, feel free to make a protest statement by refusing to purchase ANY tickets.

Just remember; there may still be ONE other window of opportunity to enter a show. Don't buy a ticket at all. Show up the day of the concert (only if you live in the area of course; it's not worth going too far out of your way), and hang out around the box office. At least for the AYCLB tour, my friend & I were able to do this twice.

The venue will hold a handful of tickets from all seating sections, and in an effort to foil scalpers, throughout the day, they will release them in very limited numbers; 2 tickets, 4 tickets, 6 tickets, etc. I'm really not sure if this is a venue specific policy, or if the band or production company has a hand in this procedure.

This will happen any time from 9am-5pm on the day of the show, but probably somewhere around the hours of 10, 11, 1, 2, or 3 would be your best bet. At least this happened in Vancouver and Toronto. We even got GA tickets for BOTH shows we attended.

The greatest thrill is knowing you don't have a ticket; showing up with a good book, and watching the events of the day unfold! When you get your ticket, it's amazing! Of course, this only works when only .001% of the fans actually dare to follow this routine.

Of course, the thrills of yesterday do little to console the disappointments of today; hopefully they inspire the dreams of tomorrow...

I too was the victim of error messages till 20 minutes after 10. I FINALLY got some tickets at 1021, albiet shite ones...yeah, they really saved us choice seats. I saw some that were BEHIND THE STAGE!!!
I doubt it was the band grinning evilly over their Macs screwing us but all my friends (13 in all) are angry since they paid 40 bucks for a chance at great tickets and all got locked out due to shoddy servers and computer errors.
I emailed Principal management (all the top brass), AND Fanfire AND Ticketbastard and let em have it in the most civil way I could. Oddly enough, Ticketmaster blamed the debacle on U2.com saying they were responsible for the errors.

I don't have anything witty or deep to say except I need to express my deep disappointment and disillusionment with U2 and their management. I've been a fan for over 20 years, I paid my $40 to u2.com and I'm standing here today with nothing. After spending 2 + hours (at work mind you) trying to use my presale code to purchase San Jose, Ca tickets, I gave up, nearly in tears.

I want my money back, most of all I want my 2 hours back.

Cristina Warner

Add me to the list.
Imagine if the guys arrive in San Diego only to find that the arena is virtually empty. What if the only filled seats are in the back nosebleed sections and the faces they see on the floor are the rich nonfans who could care less. If that isn't the best message we the fans could send them to change their ticketing practices in the future, I don't know what is. All I wanted was to be treated fairly. What I got was a sick feeling in my stomach.

Susan W.

I'll sign the petition. I'm also a Propoganda member who never got a code to get the discount on U2.com. Then I went ahead and paid the $40 to join anyway. I thought that if I could get great tickets like I did with Propaganda then it would be worth it. Obviously I was wrong. 3 hours of error messages and unavailable tickets with the occasional nose bleed seat coming up. No thanks. U2.com needs to refund the $40 membership fees and apologise to the fans who support them. Either that or make available GA and great lower level seats to the fans who have paid for the right to buy them!

I am disgusted with this, and I have never felt that way about this band in the 20 years I have been a fan. U2 was always where I went for relief of stressful days. Now they are the stress. And I was sooooo excited for this day to get here, what a waste of time.

Back
Top Bottom