New York VII Setlist Watch, Party, and Stream, Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
corianderstem said:

It's like learning She Bop is about masturbation!

all of that wrestling with Capt. Lou Albano messed up Cyndi's head

captloualbano.jpg

Axver said:

1. Why would this be the last MSG show, unless U2 never play NYC arenas again?
2. Who really cares anyway if it is?

1. I agree. Why do people seem to think they'd be calling it quits after this tour? I've seen an awful lot of similar posts lately, and frankly, I don't get it. Sure, they make take longer between albums and tours, but I certainly don't expect them to call it quits at 45.

2. As New Yorker, I'd certainly care!

Axver said:

1. Why would this be the last MSG show, unless U2 never play NYC arenas again?
2. Who really cares anyway if it is?

1. You answered your own question. :wink:

2. Who cares if they play Australia? It's all relative.

U2dork said:
*looks around*

I have no idea what the hell is going on.

Hey, did you guys know there's a U2 show on tonight? Let's live vicariously through the fanatic who's volunteered to hold his cell phone up all night

I love you U2dork

mabel said:

1. I agree. Why do people seem to think they'd be calling it quits after this tour? I've seen an awful lot of similar posts lately, and frankly, I don't get it. Sure, they make take longer between albums and tours, but I certainly don't expect them to call it quits at 45.

1. Exactly. Every single band member has spoken about how they're excited about the future of the band and their music!
2. If it were the last NYC show, then yeah, that's a big deal. But so what if it's the last at MSG? There must be thousands of venues in NYC.

mabel said:

As if they're gonna quit. Did nobody watch the 60 minutes interview. Bono is more hungry now than ever he said. they are not calling it quits after this tour people calm down.

None of the artists that U2 aspire to be in the same catagory as retired this early, they won't either. (Although if Bono's interest in the music continues to wain maybe they should. :shrug: )

u2wedge said:

1. You answered your own question. :wink:

2. Who cares if they play Australia? It's all relative.

1. I edited, as I didn't make my point properly clear. Go back and check - sorry it was late.
2. What?! MSG is a VENUE, Australia is a COUNTRY. Huge difference.

Encore coming up! HOORAY! Come on people, lets liven the mood up! Eveyrone have a good time! Let's turn this thread into a dance party! -does the hustle- :dance:

U2dork said:
*looks around*

I have no idea what the hell is going on.

Hey, did you guys know there's a U2 show on tonight? Let's live vicariously through the fanatic who's volunteered to hold his cell phone up all night

:applaud:

god, how depressing, in some respects. we are truly dorks :up:

I'd like to point out that yet again Bono has said that the band is not going anywhere. The end is not in sight. I think the doomsdayers need to find something else to worry about for a while.

Axver said:

1. Exactly. Every single band member has spoken about how they're excited about the future of the band and their music!
2. If it were the last NYC show, then yeah, that's a big deal. But so what if it's the last at MSG? There must be thousands of venues in NYC.

MSG just ties to close to the city of New York itself

you think of Coney Island
Rockefeller Center
the Radio City Music Hall
the Empire State Building
and
Madison Square Garden

it's one of the great American venues

timothius said:
None of the artists that U2 aspire to be in the same catagory as retired this early, they won't either. (Although if Bono's interest in the music continues to wain maybe they should. :shrug: )

Bono's interest in music hasn't wained. he just has more on his plate now. U2 is the only band to be at it this long an actually still remain relevant. The age range at their shows is amazing. THEY ARE NOT QUITTING!!!!!!

Axver said:

Axver.. MSG is the holy grail of concert venues... that's just fact.

You'll never win that argument.

Its scary when people talk about U2 calling it quits...i really hope not...i would be so sad :sad:
I think they will be back...so lets all be happy and dance :dance:

Hallucination said:

As if they're gonna quit. Did nobody watch the 60 minutes interview. Bono is more hungry now than ever he said. they are not calling it quits after this tour people calm down.

I certainly agree! I'd read posts about people contemplating whether or not this was the last tour on the first leg, but after 60 Minutes, and their banter between songs on this leg, I don't know how anyone could think that they're ready to be finishing up...and yet, I've seen several posts implying just that in the past couple of weeks. I don't get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom