New slightly less vague news from u2.com

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nurse chrissi

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
The weeks ahead

Word is that it shouldn't be too long before we get more news on the postponed Vertigo Tour dates.

Arthur Fogel from TNA, the international promoters of U2’s Vertigo Tour told U2.com this week, “We've been working hard to get news for ticket holders and we hope to have some answers/an announcement within the next few weeks”.

We know many U2 fans are trying to make plans for the year ahead, but with this in from TNA, hopefully your wait is close to over.

love how the band's official website acts as if it has no idea when the rescheduled dates are

nurse chrissi said:
love how the band's official website acts as if it has no idea when the rescheduled dates are

I think it's a poorly run parody site by some Bono haters that's pretending to be U2's official site. :|

It's like the Onion of the U2 world, except not funny and not done well.

Ugh. I don't like the trying-too-hard-to-be-informal tone of these announcements. Like the "word is..." thing. Just write a fucking proper press release already!!! :scream:

:lmao: Sounds like Larry needs to kick some metaphorical ass again. U2.com has not talked to Larry.

wtonis said:
yep, late August or early September.. Holiday season will be over then....

Quite honestly, at this point I'm real glad I saw them during the US leg(s) of the tour and I'm not stuck with tickets and the hassle of worrying about making new travel plans even to Hawaii to catch any of the last few shows.

It's beyond rediculous how the band have completely brushed off giving any decent updates regarding this situation since March. Yet Bono still makes public appearances and even The Edge who's supposedly the member with the "family crisis" has time to show up at JazzFest without commenting at all about the unfulfilled dates.

I guess at this point, the band pretty much *have* to play those dates sooner or later. Cancelled the last 10 shows after a nearly half year wait while holding on to all the money (and interest generated) from sold tickets for what amounts to about a year would be a *huge* PR blunder not just with fans but in the general media as well.

T.B.

Back
Top Bottom