If you never joined U2.com but were a Prop member (ATTN:tkramer) READ THIS!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

popbellydancer

Refugee
tkramer posted......

03-07-2005 02:12 PM -
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I was never a U2.com member, but have tried on and off to get something out of my unused Prop sub. since the end of Nov. Think it's worth trying with fan fire again? "
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
and...
"What if you aren't a u2.com member? Just an old Prop member? The phone rep and their supervisor told me no way, only if you were a U2.com member before the fiasco... "

i'm a member of u2.com, but one of my pals is not, she never received the initial letter from prop in nov/dec....and for various reasons failed to join up w/u2.com before the january deadline to get a code. so, she couldn't get tix when all the ticket fiasco stuff happened, tried to get them during the general onsale and is now left w/out one ticket to any show on the first leg.

she has many times tried to get her letter/discount/code as well as to reach fanfire/U2.com to solve her problems and had given up in january, tried again since then right up to today. well, after reading tkramer's post to her she thought there was nothing else to do since she got much the same attitude from fanfire earlier in the day. but....she got thru to someone different tonight and after the whole long story, much boo-hooing and on hold forever she was told she would be receiving her presale code within 4-6 hours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:shocked: which is cutting it close, we are in cali and she's hoping to try for the la shows.

anyway, i just thought anyone who's online at these wee hours and may have gone thru this might like to know...and maybe try as well!!! tkramer i hope u read this buddy!!!!

of course, i'll believe it when i see it actually work out and she has tix in her hand!!!:dance:

if it does happen for her, then nothing but love for fanfire!:hug: :rockon::dancing:

if not we'll have more than just 2 words for them!!!......:mac: :macdevil: :combust:

Last edited:
You can read my post about this in other threads, but basically my story is about the same. I can relate. I was successful at getting this resolved just last night after giving up on it. I started making calls sending emails 3 months ago, but decide to try again.

I was an old prop member who never got the letter and wasn't on their list. I called the other number found on another post.

1-800-767-7160

I hope everything works out for you. I know it is very frustrating! Actually I referred to it as "enraging".

i called that number all last night and i was either on hold, or somehow it was busy?

now im at school and can't call from here. at least i doubt any teachers would let me use their computers and phones in order to order tickets and call fanfire.

actually it works out ok for me since the shows i wanna use my code on go on sale next week. so hopefully ill the code by then.

I'll try, but man, this is killing me.
I already blew three hours yesterday on this.
I've been trying on this since Dec. 2nd., and my patience is about dry.

Got through on the (800) 767-7160 this morning, was on hold for awhile but had an e-mail with new code within the half hour. just in time to get floor seats for Dallas. Talked with Maria- very helpful!! Don't need your Prop #, just old address and order number from your U2.com order so they can locate you.... Good luck!! Don't give up... I think I heard the albumn twice over while I was on hold...

VerUt2igo said:
Got through on the (800) 767-7160 this morning, was on hold for awhile but had an e-mail with new code within the half hour. just in time to get floor seats for Dallas. Talked with Maria- very helpful!! Don't need your Prop #, just old address and order number from your U2.com order so they can locate you.... Good luck!! Don't give up... I think I heard the albumn twice over while I was on hold...

I know this works, I'm talking about Prop folks who aren't part of U2.com. Those of us who never got letters, etc. and don't have memberships.

I just spent the last 80 minutes on hold...
and then got disconnected.

I am repeating Galations 5:22-23 over and over in my head...

My call to fanfire...

I sat on hold for 1:25.

No resluts to my benefit from calling the 1-800-615-1324 #. As a Prop subscriber with 1-2 issues still owed to me, they can not do anything for me because I did not join u2.com before the January deadline.

So here is my question. Since I am still owed at least 1 issue of Propaganda that I have already PAID for, what is U2 doing for the many many people that are in the same situation that I am in.

I don't want to sound like an ass, but i think that U2 owes me something.

Last edited:
Re: My call to fanfire...

binks said:
I sat on hold for 1:25.

No resluts to my benefit from calling the 1-800-615-1324 #. As a Prop subscriber with 1-2 issues still owed to me, they can not do anything for me because I did not join u2.com before the January deadline.

So here is my question. Since I am still owed at least 1 issue of Propaganda that I have already PAID for, what is U2 doing for the many many people that are in the same situation that I am in.

I don't want to sound like an ass, but i think that U2 owes me something.

This is where I'm at with it. I made the mistake of trying to get my Prop/U2.com sub through emails with them, and they just kept dropping the ball. Now unless you get lucky with a supervisor, you're sunk.

they're trying to force me to like COBL.

this being on hold is so stupid.

oh awesome!!!!

sweet!!!

on hold for 100 mins and then disconnected.

I love getting tickets for this tour!

I had the same problem.

Called on my cell phone (only phone I own), having already spent a good $6 on hold, since my minutes for the month have already been used. Just spent an hour and fifteen minutes on hold, only to be disconnected. There goes 75X20cents. That's OK. Seems like U2/fanfire doesn't understand that flushing money down the toilet might actually be an issue for some people in the world.

How much does a prop subscription cost? I don't know $30 to Canada. How many issues did I receive on my last payment? One, if even that. Now I wasn't psychic and didn't predict that the already problematic subscription process would go even more haywire and result in the suspention of new ticket codes, so screw me and my money. That's the policy. Blah blah blah. THat's the policy. I was even told I could take it to court if I couldn't understand the situation.

Well, I don't see why my policy of getting what I was offered very specifically in writing as a PAYING CUSTOMER shouldn't over-ride their arbitrary policies. This really pisses me off.

I hope this gets worked out in time for the Canadian presale. We should unite. They told me it wouldn't be fair if they made an exception just for me and I agreed whole-heartedly. Not accepting new signups is fine with me, but we are paid propaganda subscribers. We paid for a service that was never fulfilled. We (if we were even lucky enough) received letters plainly stating how our memberships would be transferred. This is ridiculous!

As far as I am concerned, contrary to what Larry thinks, the problem is NOT fixed.

ok, so my friend is not the most assertive individual and not good in general at the bs involved in dealing w/these:censored: and since i usually get what i want, i was actually the person who made the call and spoke w/fanfire last night...just had my friend's info and said i was her. anyway, after being on the phone w/fanfire and my friend until 2 am, and being told that the email would come in 4-6 hours, at 7 am when i was up to buy dc tix for my parents, she tells me the email never arrived. 10 am and still nothing....

so after a much needed nap, i'm up and raring to go again and i have this very nice operators extension # and he works tonight, so come 9pm there's gonna be an explanation followed by a code for next week or hell to pay!! :evil: :shame:

good luck to you all and i'll keep ya informed as to what happens to her....(she's not into the blue crack!)

mel:banghead:

SHE HAS A CODE....
SHE GETS 4 TIX....

YAY!!!!

HOORAY!!!!!!!

being persistant does work!

good luck to all...

nothing but love for the nice guy at fanfire :hug: :hug: :hug:

wow, never thought i'd say that!! haha....

mel
:applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :applaud:

popbellydancer said:
SHE HAS A CODE....
SHE GETS 4 TIX....

YAY!!!!

HOORAY!!!!!!!

being persistant does work!

good luck to all...

nothing but love for the nice guy at fanfire :hug: :hug: :hug:

wow, never thought i'd say that!! haha....

mel
:applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :applaud:

Congrats Popbellydancer! Now THATS what I'm talking about!

popbellydancer

If your friend is not a member of u2.com, how did they email her the info?

I am getting nowhere with this matter and I'm in the same boat.

They owe me either a presale code, or 1 issue of Propaganda.

does fanfire have an email?
i'm in the UK and cant sit on hold for 3 hours at international rates

binks said:
popbellydancer

If your friend is not a member of u2.com, how did they email her the info?

I am getting nowhere with this matter and I'm in the same boat.

They owe me either a presale code, or 1 issue of Propaganda.

we signed her up to u2.com while on the phone w/fanfire. they gave her a code, she's a u2.com member who is recognized as a former prop member, she had to pay $40 upon sign-up but they refunded her that already....

and she now holds 2 GA's for LA #1 and 2 GA's for Portland!!!

she's also eternally indebted to me!! lol....

see, if you stop whining like so many of the people on other threads and take the time you would have used posting on interference to keep buggin the bastards then you get whatcha want. of course it helps to have the luck of the irish when it comes to getting someone good on the phone at fanfire!!!:dancing:

melissa:dance:

Last edited:
digsy said:
does fanfire have an email?
i'm in the UK and cant sit on hold for 3 hours at international rates

aren't there calling cards over there? surely theres gotta be, i got mine for about 10 GBP and has like 650 minutes on it, its a mci prepaid card. not sure how many minutes you'd get an how much but it would be MUCH cheaper than calling from a regular phone!

international calling card: http://consumer.mci.com/international/english/resources/wp_signup.jsp

or...

http://www.minutepass.com/

success!!!!

Fanfire have redeemed themselves despite the fact that I called them so many times and they never contacted me as they said they would and I spent about $20 on my cell phone waiting on hold just to be cut off because they finally put me through!!! I got my code and I'm ready for the presale next week. Thank god I live in Canada!

Thanks Brad the ticket guy! Good luck to everyone else. Don't hang up until you've got your code.

bobola said:
success!!!!

Fanfire have redeemed themselves despite the fact that I called them so many times and they never contacted me as they said they would and I spent about $20 on my cell phone waiting on hold just to be cut off because they finally put me through!!! I got my code and I'm ready for the presale next week. Thank god I live in Canada!

Thanks Brad the ticket guy! Good luck to everyone else. Don't hang up until you've got your code.

HOORAY!

congrats....

see ya just gotta keep trying!

So is there anyone who was a Propaganda member, tried to join u2.com at half price but couldn't, so didn't join u2.com, and now has been able in the last week to join u2.com at half price and get a presale code?

That is what I thought this post was about... I called Fanfire and Maria told me no, you can't join now and get a presale code, and that they have not done that for anyone.

So if anyone has gotten that... any chance you could give me an order number or some kindof proof, because I told her that I would see if I could find any examples for her... please let me know, email me @ jamesd@rogers.com. Thanks!

My story so far is this:

I was a Prop member, but never received the letter. As it became clear that the official announcement of the tour was going to happen any day, I paid the full price and joined U2.com, figuring I'd get the Prop thing straightened out later. I tried emailing about it, but no reply, then gave up on it for awhile.

Reading on Interference the other day that the first Prop presale went well, and finding this thread had renewed my hope, so on Friday afternoon I called Fanfire. I explained my situation and that I was hoping for a) a refund of the money I should have been discounted from U2.com for being a Prop member, and b) a chance to get in on the second Prop presale.

The woman told me they'd email me a presale code and I'd recieve the Prop/U2.com membership refund. As of now, 6pm Sunday, I have yet to recieve any email, but perhaps it's because it's the weekend. I'll update here with any progress.

I was in the same boat you are in...I never got the letter from Propaganda, but still joined U2.com at the full price. Finally this week I called Fanfire and after being on hold for 45 minutes I was told that I'd get my code and a refund of $20. I didn't care so much about the $20, I wanted the code. Well the next day came and still no e-mail with my code. I called back and was on hold for 70 minutes before I got to talk to someone, and they said it was being processed and I should have something soon. Within 20 minutes I had an e-mail from Fanfire and the home page of U2.com had my code on it. Sadly it just takes calling over and over again to get anywhere with them. I got my code and I didn't use it this week :( Hoping they add new cities, like Northern CA.

Good Luck.

Back
Top Bottom