I just bought a presale password on ebay: Is it real?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
no idea. I was scouting through ebay and came across similar things in britain. I didnt trust the sellers trying to sell 80 of these passwords, I contacted a few of them and some removed their link, one seemed to think there would be a telephone number you could ring (yeah, because that wouldnt find its way onto the net in minutes (!)). I'm not sure if its valid, but it may be valid for one use. Be sure to enter the presale at the moment it begins and it may work.

Sorry, the moral of the story is - I don't know

Oh boy. :( I hope it works out for you. I saw that yesterday and thought it was suspicious. I hope I'm wrong of course!

Something doesn't sound right with these passwords being sold on ebay. Not to get your hopes down but I think along with the code will be required ones u2.com username and password. Like i said, I think. I'm really not sure but early on it was said somewhere that username and password would be required.

Looks like someone stole their little sisters U2.com presale code. Damn is she going to be pissed.

:wink:

Ya know what? It's for bucks. If it doesnt work, you loose four bucks and hafta figure out a way to get tickets differently. Uhmm... Yeah, I hope you have your own password and are hoping just to get extra tickets. Otherwise, good night. :|

update guys: i just got emailed the password! i hope this works. my password has one number and four letters, is everyone else's password in a similar format?

We're buying the tix from ticketmaster, not u2.com, so I doubt we need to enter a u2.com id and password. I think all we need is the code, which is why u2.com cautioned us to protect the codes, as they could only be used once...and if someone other than you used it...it was gone.

I'm wondering something. Is it possible the reason that scalpers got so many tickets, and that there was such an overload during the onsale, was that there were actually even more codes circulating, and still circulating, which were not even issued to U2.Con members?

Under this method, would it not be easier to get access to more tour dates during the initial onsale? I'm just wondering if these codes being sold for cheap on Ebay might be legitimate, but have cost nothing to devise. Is there any pattern to the codes?

Back
Top Bottom