City Video Shoot / Australia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm suspicious about the 2 day break between Brisbane & Melbourne. It's over 1800km between these venues.

Can they logistically dismantle the stage, drive the trucks 1800km, reconstruct the stage & perform a soundcheck with only a 2 day break?

chocky said:
I'm suspicious about the 2 day break between Brisbane & Melbourne. It's over 1800km between these venues.

Can they logistically dismantle the stage, drive the trucks 1800km, reconstruct the stage & perform a soundcheck with only a 2 day break?

Sure they can...they're U2.

I think the structure looks pretty good actually.

bratty_cat said:
Are all of those venues outdoor stadiums (Superdome sounds like it but not so sure of the others)?

Brisbane Entertainment Centre - Rinky Dink little Old center up in Queensland. Probably the smallest venue they will play all tour.

Sydney Superdome - Pretty Big, hosted a lot of Olympic Games events. 25,000+. Great venue... bad acoustics from all reports...

Rod Lave Arean - Hosts the Australian Tennis Open. Great venue apparently, huge, just looks completely bizzare for an indoor arena.

Would've prefered.... SFS/SCG->ANZ->MCG line up... but hey you dont always get what you want.

chocky said:

If they could get the ZooTV stage in all its size and scale from Christchurch to Auckland in two days, including crossing the Cook Strait, then they can easily do this.

I live on the Gold Coast, an hour south of Brisbane. My family and I once drove to Melbourne. We left at 4am on the Gold Coast, and had we not decided to stop in Albury-Wodonga (i.e. if we'd already booked accommodation in Melbourne!), we could've arrived in Melbourne by 10:30pm that same day. I don't recall any speeding either.

I've no doubt that U2 can pack up their stage in Brisbane after the show on the 3rd, get it to Melbourne before the end of the 5th, and set it up and do their soundcheck before the show on the 6th.

I'd say the schedule in the US and Europe is just as tight, if not tighter in parts.

timothius said:
Rod Lave Arean - Hosts the Australian Tennis Open. Great venue apparently, huge, just looks completely bizzare for an indoor arena.

That's the current name for where they played the seven Lovetown shows, isn't it?

timothius said:
Sydney Superdome - Pretty Big, hosted a lot of Olympic Games events. 25,000+. Great venue... bad acoustics from all reports...

This is absolutely true and so I'm hoping that they're not playing there. I was at the Superdome for the basketball during the Olympics and it was AWFUL. Also, it seems small in comparison to some of the US stadiums, so maybe it might be at the Entertainment center instead. :-?

Axver said:

That's the current name for where they played the seven Lovetown shows, isn't it?

Yeah, they played the tennis centre.

If the dates and venues are real I'm disappointed that they aren't playing stadiums...I was horrified when a pillock like Robbie Williams broke U2's Zoo TV record of two sell-out shows at the Sydney Football Stadium. :mad: U2 could do it again.

I got to see Zoo TV Sydney live...I suppose an arena show would be OK...variety is the spice of life... if I get a ticket. :(

HOLY CRAPOLA!!! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

I've only just seen this! 4 dates in Melbourne! My Melbourne friend already knows I'm coming to stay for one date (which she's coming with me), hope she's happy to have me stay a week!! Woo hoo!

Sydney dates :hmm:

Please let this be true!

evieangelique said:

This is absolutely true and so I'm hoping that they're not playing there. I was at the Superdome for the basketball during the Olympics and it was AWFUL. Also, it seems small in comparison to some of the US stadiums, so maybe it might be at the Entertainment center instead. :-?

I hope it's not the Ent Cent...it's even smaller than the Superdome because it is 'U' shaped and seats only 17,000.

I think the ticket prices will be horrific. :macdevil:

OK - hyperventilating right now!
Thanks for the news! :):happy:

If it's not on U2.com yet how official is it?

A spokesperson for U2, however, told @U2 today that no Australian dates have been confirmed yet.

Just curious...

One step closer...

Last edited:
About bloody time they announced the Oz dates , am up for doing All 10 shows ........ hopefully they stagger the ticket sales giving us a better chance of secure the Ga's.....

I know Rod Laver us ticketek , which provider does brisbane ec & sydney superdome use ?

Does anyone know where Access All Areas got this information?

How can we verify this?

Brisbane will be using Ticketek, Sydney use Ticketmaster.

Im so excited but...Ive been hurt before with this sort of info!!

*fingers crossed*

where was this information officially listed?

i cant believe this! i cant believe how bad timing it is financially, i was so hoping for later in the year...

looks like im going to have to whore myself out again for a few weeks :wink:

im so kidding...

At first I was angry that Adelaide was not being mentioned but now I dont mind as it means an excuse to have a little holiday in another city. I was planning to go somewhere anyway after the new years.

Just got email back from Universal (the girl there is very prompt and very nice!).

She said although it is appearing on lots of websites at the moment, she hasnt had any confirmation from her management.

*toes crossed*

adambk said:
At first I was angry that Adelaide was not being mentioned but now I dont mind as it means an excuse to have a little holiday in another city. I was planning to go somewhere anyway after the new years.

Yeah, another one of us!

Nah, you don't wanna go to Football Park again - pile of concrete crap that is, no atmosphere! Go to Melbourne, or for sheer crowd noise - Sydney!

*awaits angry Melbourne response*

:wink:

evieangelique said:

HEE. *tempted to turn this into a "prod-the-Melbournites-thread*

Haven't you learnt yet...we Melbournites are above all that "prodding"! :wink:

Come to Melbourne adambk...we won't tell those northerners we have the best venue down here! :)

*mumbles* (oh damn, now they'll all be heading south)

woohoo 4 Melbourne dates I cant wait!, oh and btw:
hmmmm.jpg

timothius said:
Enmore?! :lmao:

Seriously I would really prefer SFS over Ent & Dome... but U2 maybe wanna try this new venue. More power to them... then they will realise how good it was at the SFS.

I reckon U2 would really enjoy performing at the Narrandera (NSW) Sportsground....or the Narrandera Basketball Stadium if they're really set on performing arena gigs.

I would save $200 in airfares. :wink:

They could bring Ali too. :drool:

4 dates in Melbourne..now I'm excited!! well when I hear official confirmation that is. :hyper:

I was anticipating they’d play Telstra stadium, I didn't think they would do rod laver, but a small venue means extra dates.:happy:

If these are true its great. Not during school time, awesome. I'm going to try and get tickets to 2 or 3 of the shows, hopefully 3. 4 is a bit over the top I think - tickets won't be cheap. Hopefully the 6th, 7th and 10th.

Rod Laver ISN'T where they played for Lovetown, though. That was the old Tennis Centre I'm pretty sure.

alexvilagosh said:
Rod Laver ISN'T where they played for Lovetown, though. That was the old Tennis Centre I'm pretty sure.

Rod Laver is the old Tennis Centre ;).
Well it was Melbourne Park when U2 played Lovetown.

Back
Top Bottom