Bono CAN sing Lemon!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2mad25

The Fly
He just chooses not to, I tells ya!!!

At NYC last night, his voice, to these ears, sounded the best I have heard him all year, maybe even since ZOOTV...his operatic moments during Sarajevo, hitting the re-e-e-EACH me in BD, and nailing the ooooh's in Elevation and One...You can do it Bono - I have faith in ya!

Having heard Edge on that Wanderer version, I think the problem of who should be doing the falsetto is easily solved.

U2girl said:
Having heard Edge on that Wanderer version, I think the problem of who should be doing the falsetto is easily solved.

True, Edge hasn't lost anything in terms of voice. But Lemon is and should remain a Bono song and I honestly think, if he just rehearsed it some more, that he could do it. Talk about concert heaven! :drool:

He can not sing it anymore..I'm sorry..his falsetto is gone people. The note in miss sarajevo is not a falsetto...

the "is to fake it-part" in SYCMIOYO. Try imagining how bono would sing that in 1992....and then compare it to the 2005 bono

lemon would sound awfull...he couldn't even sing it perfect(and his zootvdays voice IS perfect) during zoomerang Sydney...

for therecord.I love Lemon, but I'm 24235% sure that Bono's voice wouldn't do it justice..there is only one man in the band capable of pulling it off and to give a few hints :he ain't the drummer, his name ain't bono, and he is not the grey fox

take care

I don't think Bono can sing Lemon anymore, as much as I'd love him to. He seems to have a fair bit of difficulty hitting the highs in SYCMIOYO...and that's on two words (he barely even sings with The Edge during the "and it's you when I look in the mirror" part, some nights). Imagine him trying to sing falsetto the whole time? They'd either have to change the arrangement to suit his range or get ol' Edge to sing it.

They can perform it with a backing vocal track like they do on some other songs no problem but realistically I think Bono will never sing Lemon again.

scottyT said:
the grey fox might just pull it off!

Now THAT would be pretty kick-ass!

I've been saying for a while.....I'll be more than happy to sing it each night for the B-man. I need no money in return, just a seat on the plane. Oh, and 12,352 green M&M's without the shells.

I don't think edge could either ... In the fly sometimes and after singing for a while his voices starts to crack a bit aswell ... but edge would do better than bono however a new encore maybe

mofo(acoustic)
lemon(acoustic)
fast cars(acoustic)

lol now that would be interesting

Ohh the Zootv era That's when BONO voice was at it's best. You can tell the difference during Mysterious ways of today vs MW of Zoo tv, especally at the end of the song. I remember during breakfast show on KROQ. They asked him something about his singing and he felt like voice was strongest during the Zoo tv era. Didn't he have some type of throat problem or sinus sugery right after zoo era. But he still has one of the best or the best rock voices out there

Geez, I have bootlegs of the ZooTV/Zooropa tour where Bono sounds terrible and struggles to hit notes.

I don't know why people are so hard on Bono for his voice not being the same as it was 20 years ago. That's called natural aging, people. It happens to everyone. Bono's mortal, just like you or I. You're an absolute f***wit if you think Bono should be singing like he did 15 years ago.

Most singers will cancel an entire tour just because of a runny nose. Not Bono. He keeps on going, always has. If you sang the way Bono has the past 20 years, your vocal chords would implode. It's a miracle Bono's are still intact. Stuck together with god's glue, if you ask me.

I saw Tori Amos perform a few months ago. 1995 was the last time I saw her. The first thing that struck me was how much her voice had changed. Tori doesn't smoke, she's a healthy lass -- and her voice was a lot deeper, more mellow. She had aged, no more no less. She still sounded great though.

Bono still sounds great.

Indiana Jones said:
Geez, I have bootlegs of the ZooTV/Zooropa tour where Bono sounds terrible and struggles to hit notes.

I don't know why people are so hard on Bono for his voice not being the same as it was 20 years ago. That's called natural aging, people. It happens to everyone. Bono's mortal, just like you or I. You're an absolute f***wit if you think Bono should be singing like he did 15 years ago.

who is being hard on Bono for not singing the same as he used to??? IMO he sings great.better then the elevationperiod and that is great...he just isn 't capable of using his voice like he used to do in his zoo-era..and that is just fine...that is why he shouldn't sing lemon...

DignityPassesBy said:

mofo(acoustic)
lemon(acoustic)
fast cars(acoustic)

lol now that would be interesting

That wouldn't be interesting, that would be HORRIBLE! :no:

babyman said:
It´s getting late, the tour is ending, I don´t think there will be any lemon anymore....................

What if I squeezed some lemons and gave it to Bono during one of the song breaks? He might be tempted to at least belt out "LEEEMOOON"?? :wink:

Roland of Gilead said:
"Squeeze my lemon 'till the jucie runs down my leg/ Squeeze it so hard I fall right outta bed" - Traveling Riverside Blues

:sick:

Bono's voice is incredible. Most mens voices get lower as they get older... look at Elton John... the guys voice is so much more lower than it used to be(Lets ignore his pathetic ticket prices for a minute). But its still great!.

Bono's voice still is, and I think the fact Bono took up smoking a while ago couldn't have helped. Its definately still there. See the beginning of Streets on the Slane Castle DVD. Beautiful.

Lemon requires a totally different style than the (admittedly great) bellowing to the skies of Streets@Slane.

The only way the track could be performed is a) Rework the song b) Make edge sing it.

Edge isn't going to sing it..therefore it must be reworked. And I'd much rather they focus on new material than reworking a song which will fall flat as a pancake in a live setting.

I do love lemon though :)

Honestly not to argue, but I'm not so sure Edge could sing Lemon either....sure I've only seen two shows, but at both of them, Edge's voice was a little off. Eslpecially in Cleveland

Man, people here use the "Miss Sarajevo" aria as an explanation for Bono doing anything.

"Yeah, Bono could totally lift the Golden Gate Bridge twenty feet into the air with his wang. Have you heard 'Miss Sarajevo' this tour?!"

Back
Top Bottom