About the acoustic portion of the show...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theu2fly

Refugee
The First Time
Walk On
Wild Horses
Stuck In A Moment

These have been played to give Adam and Larry a break, much like they did during the Elevation tour...

Yahweh is also included too... it gives them the chance to slow things down, and use less of their energy. Whether it may or may not be Larry's fatigue.

larry has an injured arm i think.. either way the acoustic stuff is GREAT... i really like the first time and stuck in a moment is nice

topplehatU2 said:
Yes, but right after a break?

That's why I don't buy that this is for Larry's benefit. If his arms were hurting, an acoustic set would be inserted into the main set to break up the intensity of drumming for almost 1.5 hours straight. He doesn't need a rest when he's just had one break and has another coming up before the second encore!

You go from hard work to a break and back to hard work, not from a break to a break and back to a break, unless you're a lazy bum like me. :wink:

but there isnt a massive gap between the main set and the encore by using the encore as a bit of a break he gets about a half hour more than he usually would depending on what songs they choose and bonos speeches and stuff like that

Axver said:

You go from hard work to a break and back to hard work, not from a break to a break and back to a break, unless you're a lazy bum like me. :wink:

:laugh:

strwar718 said:
larry has an injured arm i think.. either way the acoustic stuff is GREAT... i really like the first time and stuck in a moment is nice

I might guess that Larry might have carpal tunnel or tendonitis but if it's carpal tunnel or tendonitis, the only thing going to benefit Larry is 24 hour rest, not 15 minute rest so I think U2 just changed things for the sake of changing things.

Back
Top Bottom