37 Us Soldiers Dead In Iraq Today. (Don't move this post...it is about the presale.)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cmb737

Refugee
Whether it is out of necessity or choice, I am hereby making a decision to not fixate on this ticket situation. It is what it is. I refuse to let this affect my concert going experience or my life anymore.

For Christ's sake 37 US soldiers died in Iraq today.

Reality check.

Not to say we all don't have gripes and deserve to get some money back. We are all angry, hurt, betrayed. Lets rise above the bang and the clatter.

I just can't fixate on this anymore. I have devoted too much emotion, energy, money, time to this. It isn't worth it. Do yourself a favor and do not go to the websites until Saturday. Just take 2 days for yourself. I am.

Hope you all feel better. Serenity Now.

Last edited:
Sonny Bono said:
How many Iraqi's were shot by the Americans?

Completely not the point.

The point was that there are horrible things happening. And I refuse to feel like shit about damn tickets in the face of the reality we live in.

I don't think it's nescessary to start this thread in the Tour section. I'm against War and Bush, but at the moment U2.com pisses me off.

There are also thousands of people dying in Africa every day and there are still dead people found in the Tsunami hit areas etc. etc. I'm not saying that it's not a sad thing what happened, but people are still entitled to some fun in their life (for instance a U2 gig) and they're pissed off that it might be taken away from them. Very understandable... (and no, I'm not one of those people that hasn't got any tickets. I didn't even try. Waiting for Amsterdam!)

Just had to throw in that line from Seinfeld. Couldn't pass it up.

I understand your point though. You certainly have to put it into perspective.

While this thread will most likely be moved, I applaud your point. This was a chance to get tickets to a concert (and you will still have that chance again on Sunday), not a life and death situation.

cmb737 said:

Completely not the point.

The point was that there are horrible things happening. And I refuse to feel like shit about damn tickets in the face of the reality we live in.
I think it is a fair point actually.

You can't make a politically charged statement like the one originally made and not expect someone to follow it up with a comment like the one made by Sonny Bono.

This is a cheap post and with zero taste. So, basically, you have to throw worse news at us so we put things in perspective???

I mean, I could tell you the worst news of the day and, yes, those would probably matter more than the pre-sale fiasco. But, hey, this is a U2 forum and I come here to talk about U2. If I want to complain about it here, so be it.

37 americans and probbly about 3700 innocent iraqi's but I see the point of the post and I am in agreement that there has been way too much complaining about the presale when I think we all realistically knew that was going to happen in the first place.

U2@NYC said:
This is a cheap post and with zero taste. So, basically, you have to throw worse news at us so we put things in perspective???

I mean, I could tell you the worst news of the day and, yes, those would probably matter more than the pre-sale fiasco. But, hey, this is a U2 forum and I come here to talk about U2. If I want to complain about it here, so be it.
well said, go on go for it

Back
Top Bottom