2 of my favorite ever version of wowy have come this tour.........

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KUEFC09U2

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
chigago 4 and manchester 1 and possibly even london 2 are up this with my personal fav versions of this song, this is another song that has found a new lease of life this tour,

chigago 4, with the strangers in the night snippet :drool:
manchester 1 with the transmission and love will tear us apart snippet:drool:
and london 2 with the take me to the clouds above snippet (i dunno how they got to work but it sounds bloody amazing):drool:

sorry but i just feel like creating a few positive vibs about the place :) hope no one minds

So you're not talking about the difference in U2 versions, but simply which added snippet you like?

no the song imo just sounds so fresh this tour, the snippets just make it that extra bit special

KUEFC09U2 said:
no the song imo just sounds so fresh this tour, the snippets just make it that extra bit special
I can't tell which on of this tour I like best, simply because I don't listen to all bootlegs.. All I can say is that the Vertigo//2005 version indeed is one of the best ones...

Neilz said:

I can't tell which on of this tour I like best, simply because I don't listen to all bootlegs.. All I can say is that the Vertigo//2005 version indeed is one of the best ones...
i wont argue with that :)

but listen to them versions i mentioned, amazing

ok gues i will send them either tonight or tomorrow.... but i got to go and watch everton in the champions league at the moment,

but i promise i will send :)

KUEFC09U2 said:

Thats not a big secret. Instead of Larry taking a nap on the drums until the whohoo part like he did on Popmart and Elevation, now he kicks in on time as he used to do on the record and the JT, LT and Zoo TV tours. And the snippets do give it that special old skool feeling.

I haven't downloaded all bootlegs from this or any other tour, but so far the best version I have heard of this song is the one from Zoo TV in Sydney. It's a very fragile sounding version and they play it a bit understated. Edge also uses a very different guitar sound on this version, than he has used on any other version I have heard. I dig!

OK this tour..... but PLEASE listen to some Joshua Tree Tour version.... there is a HUGE difference and now this song is not even half good of what it was in 87-88....

But it's better than Elevation and Pop, yes I agree...

KUEFC09U2 said:

and london 2 with the take me to the clouds above snippet (i dunno how they got to work but it sounds bloody amazing):drool:

I think it was the look on his face when he was singing this bit and holding onto the girl... very intense.

KUEFC09U2 said:
manchester 1 with the transmission and love will tear us apart snippet:drool:

:rockon: I wish I had 'ave been there.

Yahweh_OMG said:
OK this tour..... but PLEASE listen to some Joshua Tree Tour version.... there is a HUGE difference and now this song is not even half good of what it was in 87-88....

But it's better than Elevation and Pop, yes I agree...
i dont agree, i thinks this is my favoirite, as i said i think its MINE maybe not yours

Back
Top Bottom