May 18, Continental Airlines in East Rutherford

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If we are all meeting up ... I might have some extra stuff that I'll pack in my car (ie lawn chairs) and I also live about 30 minutes away if we need any essentials as a group. What time will you all be getting there? I'll be bushed from the night b4, but I was thinking arriving around 9AM or 10AM ... what about all you???

wow I hope the weather on the 18th will be just like today ... not too hot, not too cool ... just perfect , , , :yes:

Actually, I just found out the tickets I won are GA! :hyper: :hyper:

So right now my flight doesn't get in until 11 am but I want to switch it to get in earlier as I'll have to take stuff to the hotel first.....

How early should I try to be in line?

I envy you people w/ GAs. I've seen U2 7 times previously and 2 more times for this tour and I have not been fortunate enough for GAs:sad:

I'll be there 5/18 now too...Section 115...behind the stage (for all the shows I am going to I am getting a different experience at each one

Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!! Am in the process of planning an attention getting (small!) sign for Bono :drool:

Ok, so I have a few questions now.

1) I thought I was flying into Newark, but now JFK is much cheaper.....is this a bad idea? Where is JFK in relation to the venue?

2) Does anyone know where Hasbrouck Heights, NJ is? The radio station has me booked at a Holiday Inn there.....And where is it in relation to the venue and JFK and Newark airports?

Last edited:
lauren430 said:

1) I thought I was flying into Newark, but now JFK is much cheaper.....is this a bad idea? Where is JFK in relation to the venue?

2) Does anyone know where Hasbrouck Heights, NJ is? The radio station has me booked at a Holiday Inn there.....And where is it in relation to the venue and JFK and Newark airports?

1. Go for Newark...JFK can be a bitch to get ot NJ from

2. hasbrouck heights isn't that bad....but route 3 is a pain!!!!! be warned. Even with seats I am leaving from work at 3...

Don't know about Hasbrouck Heights but JFK's an hour plus from NJ. If JFK's really that much cheaper and you don't mind an expensive cab ride (public transportation would be cheaper but a huge pain), go for it.

Thanks for the advice.

So I now have a GA for the 17th too, so I will be doing GA on the 17th and the 18th.....after a plane ride from across the country!!!

Insanity!! Let's hope I can stay awake for everything :crazy:

lauren430 said:

JFK is about 30-45 minutes from the meadowlands. you'll have to take a cab from there. it'll cost you about $80. although I guess you could take a bus to the port authority in manhattan and then take a bus to the meadowlands.

that holiday inn is 2 minutes from my house. it's about 10 minutes from the venue, and therefore about the same distance as JFK.

Thank you Jofo! :bow:

So hopefully a cab between the hotel and venue won't be too much...

JFK might be a cheaper flight but you really really should go to Newark, it would be sooo much easier. JFK is all the way in queens, that is a nightmare of a ride. Newark is a stone's throw.

Yeah, it might be a bit cheaper, but with an $80 cab ride and all the hassle, it would turn out being about the same; maybe only a bit more expensive to go to Newark but definitely worth it it sounds like :up:

lauren430 said:
Yeah, it might be a bit cheaper, but with an $80 cab ride and all the hassle, it would turn out being about the same; maybe only a bit more expensive to go to Newark but definitely worth it it sounds like :up:

yeah, go with newark.

also, a cab to the meadowlands from the hotel should be under $10.

btw, anyone have 1 ticket they'd like to sell to jofo?:wink:

If anyone is a single GA for either night .. let me know. I'll pair up with you for the ellipse beep. All my friends have seats I was the only one to get GA - both nights.

one4u2 said:
:wave: I'm there!!

I have GAs for the 18th does anyone have lower level seats they'd be willing to trade?

Did you trade? My friend has section 103 R22 if you still want....

I'm a single GA for both nights! :wave:

I talked to the hotel and they said the airport is a 20 min. drive and a $50 cab ride away, and the Meadowlands like 7 miles.....:|

You win something from a radio station and think it's all free but I will spend a few hundred in cab rides over all of 2 days....:|

You would be better off staying at a hotel at the Meadowlands then.. even if you had to pay $100 it's cheaper than all the cabs back and forth. There are plenty of hotels on 1 & 9 right there. Also, There is also a Sheraton I think in walking distance and a Crown Plaza across the highway which would prob drop you off for free. Call the box office and ask them the closest hotels. If you are a single we should meet up. If I beep I'll take you in and vice versa... doubles our chances to get in the ellipse. I'm going with a bunch of people.. but they all have seats. I got a single GA.

lauren430 said:
I'm a single GA for both nights! :wave:

I talked to the hotel and they said the airport is a 20 min. drive and a $50 cab ride away, and the Meadowlands like 7 miles.....:|

You win something from a radio station and think it's all free but I will spend a few hundred in cab rides over all of 2 days....:|

You don't have to take a cab or a bus from JFK to get into Manhattan... you can take the Air-Train to Jamaica and connect from Jamaica to Penn Station...
http://www.panynj.gov/airtrain/tojfk_midtownman.html

... and a cheep way to get to and from Manhattan and Continental Airlines...

http://www.njtransit.com/pdf/bus/T0351.pdf

the bus might not work for GA 'cause it doesn't run in the morning, so you might want to spring for a cab to get to the arena... probably cost about 40 bucks, depending on the cabbie... i got in a cab to giants stadium from midtown once and the cabbie claimed he didn't know where it was, told me it would cost 40 bucks, and proceeded to get there without asking for directions... ironicly enough. gee... i thought you didn't know how to get here? he got no tip from me... jerk ass.

anyhoo... if you take a cab to the arena, you can always hop on the bus back to manhattan for like 3 bucks.

Last edited:
so is anyone up for meeting on the 17th or 18th?

Yeah my buddy and I will be at the econo lodge 10 min away from the meadow lands for the 18th show. we plan on getting to the arena early even though we have GAs if for nothing else the experience. Whats going on after the concert. I think a little celebration will be in order. Anyone know the area? and the local bars/nightlife?

Back
Top Bottom