MERGED --> Oakland in November + Oakland.. NO TICKETMASTER + oakland general sale

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
tryan101 said:

I wouldn't necessarily assume that all prior confirm numbers were related to the U2 shows - it could be their total order list for the month or year, etc. They sell tickets in advance of most every show there, and we don't know if and how many of the earlier confirm numbers may have related to other shows. Just a thought.

Duh! Silly me! Yea I think you are right. I just got caught up in the frenzy and forgot about all of the other events folks are buying tickets to.

When I talked to the office on Monday night - the lady asked me if we were all calling each other. I said, "what?" She said that all new orders have been U2 orders and that she was looking at 35 U2 orders that had come in during the last hour.

My presale tickets for Oakland 11/08 through TM has already been printed according to the online status. My order got through only last night before 10PM. Is TM that fast? I'm surprised since no expedited shipping was paid.

So for people that got tickets through Concert Club (i.e. didn't get canceled order email):

Are you going to try to get tickets tomorrow as well? Or are you going to trust that your order with go through with the arena?

The arena charged my cc for the $35 join fee but not for tickets yet.

R8drgurl said:
When I talked to the office on Monday night - the lady asked me if we were all calling each other. I said, "what?" She said that all new orders have been U2 orders and that she was looking at 35 U2 orders that had come in during the last hour.

:lol: :uhoh:

R8drgurl said:
So for people that got tickets through Concert Club (i.e. didn't get canceled order email):

Are you going to try to get tickets tomorrow as well? Or are you going to trust that your order with go through with the arena?

The arena charged my cc for the $35 join fee but not for tickets yet.

I think I will just ride with my Concert Club tickets. I wonder when they will mail them?

Oh I just called my CC.. I have 2 pending charges for $35 :eyebrow: He said one might be an authorization charge and the other the actual charge. Guess I'll have to keep my eye on that. But they have not charged me yet for the tickets. They better not screw me over!

Yea, better keep an eye out to make sure they don't double charge!

I think I'm going to see if I can get tix tomorrow for backup - it will be easy enough to get rid of them if the Club tix come through. I've just been through it with my Warriors and Raiders tickets and don't trust the Oakland ticket folks much!

Oh yea and for other folks getting trying for seats tomorrow:

Beware - there are seats in the first few of rows of several 200 sections that have obstructed views. Large rail bars block your view of the stage. The seats really suck!

Was it really that easy?

After all that worrying, it seems like the tickets.com site really worked out (did it work out for you too?). In addition to the seats through the premium club which may or may not go through, I got 2 GA's to the 9th and some great seats to the 8th. Anybody else have problems or was it the time change and everyone was asleep? There are still pretty good seats available. Did anyone get SEC 115 or SEC 128 lower rows? If you are interested in trades, let me know.

That was almost too easy. See you at the April shows next week as well!!!

Yup, seats still readily available...

Just pulled these for 11/8 at 10:54...

Type Section Row Seat Price

REGULAR Lower Level Sec. 110 21 21 $160.00

REGULAR Lower Level Sec. 110 21 22 $160.00

Just keep on plugging away...the servers aren't as busy as I would have thought, and if you don't like the tickets, just say start over, and you are still in queue. Hope everyone got good seats. Cheers.

Best place to sell extras?

Good to see other people are awake and got great seats!

If I am looking to get rid of 11/8-9 seats, is the best place through this forum, craigslist, eBay, or what?

If anyone is willing to trade seats to the April shows for November shows, post it here.

Good seats still available!

edge13 what kind of seats are they? I was considering trading my GA's for some lower level 11-9 seats. Still havent decided yet though.

You can also post a thread in the "What do you have" section of the tour forums.

Lower deck, end of arena...

Most are in the lower deck toweard the end of the arena (good seats in general) for the November shows at the Arena, I am trying to figure out which ones I will take and then sell at least 2 to each show...I was new to the forum, so I will also look to post on the trades/for sale area - thanks for the tip. I'm just glad that those who wanted to get seats were able to do so...are both Nov shows sold out yet? Thanks again. Great forum.

Did anyone get charged yet? I only see one charge for 112 but yet I bought 2 sets of tickets and the 35 charge to get in the club?

I spoke with Stephanie this afternoon because I only had the membership ($35) charge listed on my credit card. She told me not to worry...they did a bunch of charges today and yesterday and everyone should start seeing charges for tickets on their cc soon. She also confirmed that I did get the GAs for the 8th! Woohoo....now I'm set for both nights. Call her tomorrow if anyone is worried...she can look you up and see whether or not you got tickets. They are sending them out this week!

I tried to call her today but got her answering machine. I emailed her though, no response. Glad to know though that she said dont worry because as of yesterday I have only been charged the $35.

I was checking my credit card statements online and see charges for $112 and $224 from the Oakland Arena ticket center. I ordered 2 GAs for each day totaling $214 on my e-mail invoice.

Will have to keep my fingers crossed to see what shows up in the mail! Tried to call Stephanie, but had to leave a meassage...

Did anyone else see this charge pattern on their credit cards?

Freaky - sounds like you were overcharged!

I just received this email from Stephanie:

"Dear VIP Club and Concert Club Members:

It has come to our attention that there will be special attention paid to the re-selling of tickets through internet postings or other auction sites in regards to our upcoming U2 concerts this November.

Please take this as a friendly reminder and a strong warning that the State of California has established laws governing the reselling of tickets above face value (refer to CA Penal Code 346) and that the promoter/artist for the show has the right to void your ticket without refund for those persons found to be in violation of these ordinances. Additionally, persons found guilty of such infractions may have their Concert Club/VIP Club Membership contracts void without refund.

Please be observant of these policies for this and all future shows.

** All VIP Club and Concert Club U2 tickets orders will be put out in Wednesday afternoon's mail. ** "

Hey I didnt get that email.

I did talk to Stephanie today. She assured me my tickets showed up in the system and will be mailed to me. I have a charge for the $35 but not the tickets yet.

According to Stephanie, we should be receiving our tickets tomorrow!!! It would be nice to get them before the SJ shows. Is anyone going to the Joshua Tree set-up at the Brit on Friday night?

Nope there are still seats available for both shows. I got an email today from Tickets.com saying 'there are still good seats available.' Wonder why sales are so slow???

R8drgurl said:
Freaky - sounds like you were overcharged!

I just received this email from Stephanie:

"Dear VIP Club and Concert Club Members:

It has come to our attention that there will be special attention paid to the re-selling of tickets through internet postings or other auction sites in regards to our upcoming U2 concerts this November.

Please take this as a friendly reminder and a strong warning that the State of California has established laws governing the reselling of tickets above face value (refer to CA Penal Code 346) and that the promoter/artist for the show has the right to void your ticket without refund for those persons found to be in violation of these ordinances. Additionally, persons found guilty of such infractions may have their Concert Club/VIP Club Membership contracts void without refund.

Please be observant of these policies for this and all future shows.

** All VIP Club and Concert Club U2 tickets orders will be put out in Wednesday afternoon's mail. ** "

This is your Penal Code lesson for the day: CA Penal Code 346 actually has to do with selling tickets on the grounds of the place of performance.

That is all.

Thank you.

My tickets just arrived!! :hyper:

They're cool too.. the tickets.com logo is red and black so it matches the Vertigo theme :drool:

Back
Top Bottom