MERGED --> Oakland in November + Oakland.. NO TICKETMASTER + oakland general sale

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
People can still order tickets? This is ridiculous!!! What will be left for the general onsale?

shit...i've been skiing up in tahoe the last 2 days (seven feet of snow since last week!!!).

do you think there are still GA tix available? i sent my info and they said they will email me a confirm....but not sure i want to pay the $35 if they're sold out. :scratch:

KentK said:
Just talked to Stepanie-- she said that they are closed for new memberships and that she wasn't sure that they would even be able to fill existing orders.

Why the hell wouldn't they take down the ticket ordering page if they're out of tickets?

If they can't fulfill my request, then I want my money back!

Got this email response as well:

Because of an overwhelming response, registration in the Concert Club program is currently closed. You are welcome to check back at our website address of www.theoaklandarena.com at a later time/date to see if the program will be re-opened for new registrants. Otherwise, the public sale will begin at 10:00 am on Sunday, April 3. Thank you for your inquiry.

Stephanie Salle
Premium Seating Sales Manager
SMG at the Oakland Arena
E-mail: premiumseating@coliseum.com

Just got this response....

If we will be unable to accommodate your request, we will reply back to you before the public sale on Sunday. We are still accumulating orders. Unless you hear back from us otherwise, assume your orders is ok. Thank you.

Stephanie Salle
SMG at the Oakland Arena

OffAxis said:

Why the hell wouldn't they take down the ticket ordering page if they're out of tickets? If they can't fulfill my request, then I want my money back!

That would make too much sense! They probably were like TM and didn't know there would be such a demand once the word got out. They may have been registering new people without checking how many tickets they had left. Wouldn't surprise me!

I was planning on trying my luck on Sunday anyway for backup. I won't believe I have the GA's until I have them in my hands (which won't be by Sunday)!

Just when we thought things would be easier this time...

Got my two GAs via the ticketmaster pre-sale this a.m. Smooth as silk.........

After missing out on the first pre-sale for San Jose for obvious reasons, I resisted temptation to buy tix for Portland or L.A. in November with the hopes that they would ad Oakland or Sacramento (where I live).

Self control payed off and it feels so great !!! Of course if and when a Sac date gets added then it'll be little bummer, but driving to Oaktown isn't too bad.

Now I have to wait 7 months..........

Just got this email today (eventhough I purchased tickets last night and got confirmation numbers as well) .... hopefully this means I still got GAs for the 8th. I even talked to Stephanie this morning and she said if I received a confirmation number for my ticket requests that they would go through. I guess not....

Looks like I'll be trying on Sunday. Good luck to everyone else going for Oakland this weekend!

Dear Concert Club Member,

We apologize that we will be unable to accept your order for GA Floor tickets to U2 on Wednesday, November 9. The GA Floor ticket offer was made subject to availability, and the maximum number of tickets we had reserved under this category was reached prior to your ticket request order.

Your credit card will not be charged for these tickets.

You are welcome to log back onto the website BEFORE 10:00 AM on FRIDAY, APRIL 1 to submit a request for tickets priced at $183.00 in the Concert Club seating area (map attached). We will be able to accommodate an order for you in this area. A best available seat will be assigned to you upon receipt of your order.

Please call me with any additional questions.

Thank you.

Stephanie Salle
SMG at the Oakland Arena
Phone: (510) 383-4627
Fax: (510) 569-2253
E-mail: premiumseating@coliseum.com

I just got the e-mail daying my order for day 2 (which I placed today at 3:00 Pacific time) will not be accepted. I think my confirmation number was like 540 for that one. No word yet on my order for day 1. So I guess that's a good sign according the e-mail above. Anyone else heard anything yet?

I didn't get an email yet saying that my order can't be processed yet - but they still have all day tomorrow to send it to me. Yikes! My order number was @400 - I wonder where the cutoff is?

I second yor Yikes...

I am #499...I have GA's for both nites in theory..the ultimate nightmare would be having these U2 tix cancelled and then being stuck with the sign up fee (I paid $70 to get 4 tix for each...)

No cancellation email yet- crossing fingers....

Re: I second yor Yikes...

bret6262 said:
I am #499...I have GA's for both nites in theory..the ultimate nightmare would be having these U2 tix cancelled and then being stuck with the sign up fee (I paid $70 to get 4 tix for each...)

I just got two emails saying that my orders for the 8th and 9th have been cancelled. my confirmation # is 543. oh well, that's $35 down the drain.

Re: I second yor Yikes...

bret6262 said:

I'm number 504. have 2 GA to both shows. so far no word or email of cancellation. I did receive a call back from stephanie today though but that was in response to my calls yesterday about joining, not about my order which i eventually placed. she was behind in calls and said the club was closed but i had already joined so it didnt matter

crossing my fingers

I'm number 431 and havent gotten any cancellation notice. Shit I'll be pissed.

Do you think we are safe if we don't hear from them by tomorrow?? Crap - I do not want to deal with Tickets.com on Sunday!

I wonder how many ticket scalpers joined Concert Club?

oh no, wish i'd heard about this earlier...i'm sure the general sale will be a nightmare. luckily i'm going to san jose with my presale tix, but would LOVE to see them in oakland on the second leg. i'd love to buy a pair of tickets if anyone ends up with any extras. henskaprice@yahoo.com
thanks!

I haven't received any e-mails about cancellations. My order number is in the low 300's...

oakland general sale

ticketmaster says they're not handling the general (public) sale for Oakland.

who is? can these be purchased online?

thanks

I think it would be safe to say if you didn't receive the email from Stephanie about not accepting your ticket order then you probably are safe and got your tickets.

I was 529 (for 1st show) and 531 (2nd show) and received the email for the 2nd show only. So I'm crossing my fingers that I still have tickets for the 8th.

Good luck if you're trying this Sunday!

Hey guys, I just spoke with Stephanie with the oakland arena, I think she is the manager and she assured me that those who did NOT receive an email, our tickets should go through forsure!
I cant guarantee it, but I think the rest of us who didnt get emailed are good to go! :hyper:

U2SJ said:
Hey guys, I just spoke with Stephanie with the oakland arena, I think she is the manager and she assured me that those who did NOT receive an email, our tickets should go through forsure!
I cant guarantee it, but I think the rest of us who didnt get emailed are good to go! :hyper:

That's great news! I guess folks with confirmation numbers up to 500 or so are in the clear?

If that's true, then that's already alot of GA's sold before general sale. Even if half of the people bought seats - most people bought 2 tickets so that's still @ 500 GA's sold through Concert Club, then there are those GA's that were sold to U2.com members with unused presale codes. I wonder how many total GA's were available for Oakland Arena?

Thanks Marisa for looking into it!

Still no email for the 1st night's show...so I guess I have those GAs in the bag.....now I'll go for the 2nd show on Sunday!

And thanks to those who started this thread!

R8drgurl said:

That's great news! I guess folks with confirmation numbers up to 500 or so are in the clear?

If that's true, then that's already alot of GA's sold before general sale. Even if half of the people bought seats - most people bought 2 tickets so that's still @ 500 GA's sold through Concert Club, then there are those GA's that were sold to U2.com members with unused presale codes. I wonder how many total GA's were available for Oakland Arena?

I wouldn't necessarily assume that all prior confirm numbers were related to the U2 shows - it could be their total order list for the month or year, etc. They sell tickets in advance of most every show there, and we don't know if and how many of the earlier confirm numbers may have related to other shows. Just a thought.

Back
Top Bottom