MERGED --> I can't find accomodation in Cardiff for the 29th + Cardiff Accomodation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LuvandPeace1980

War Child
Accommodation in Cardiff - June 29th

I am having trouble finding accommodation in Cardiff on June 29th. u2 are playing at the millenium stadium. I am wondering what I can do hahaha
Ya see I am from Perth, Australia and I have no idea what to do
:)
If anyone could help I would be very appreciative

Thanks

Thanks mate
It's booked out as well :(
I think I am dead.. I wonder what the possibilty of getting back to London is on that night.. however I kind of wanna stay around and get really pissed after the concert.. hahaha

There are plenty of hotels as well as guesthouses/b&Bs in and around Cardiff. Failing that you could go a bit further afield - Penarth is only a few miles away, Barry a bit further (and rougher!) and there will always be places out in the sticks - you'll need to surf Google a bit more. There'll be no need to travel to London though. Try toursistnetuk.com.

No you'll get somewhere in Cardiff..

www.thebigsleephotel.com is opposite the stadium (and is owned by John Malkovich and is very cool and inexpensive).

Another alternative is go to www.yell.co.uk and look for a guest house/b&b on CATHEDRAL ROAD in Cardiff... there are dozens of them and the road is very near to the venue...and has lots of boozers on it!

Let me know if you are still struggling..

Try typing in 'Blue Dragon Hotel Cardiff' into google.co.uk, thats where im staying! i think its about 2km away from Stadium :)

Have you tried Bridgend or Bristol?

We have booked into the Best Western in Bridgend, and are getting the train in.

It's only 20 minutes, and about £8.50 return. The hotel is £65 for a double. Just of M4 so easy to find.

Last train is 1am so plenty of drinking time afterwards!!!

Best Western in Bridgend is booked, although it was 75 for me. Oh well.

How much of a walk is it from the station to the BW? (If you've ever been there.) How crowded is the station after a Mill. Stadium event? I was reading about the train system and they apparently make people queue (sp?) up after the event so the station isn't to packed. Is it the kind of thing that you need to line up right after, or can you wait for the last train and still get on? Just curious, any help from some experience people would be awesome.

The Best Western still has rooms according to activehotels.com?!

Not sure how far walking it is from BW as never stayed but it states on 2KM so not too far , but if you are staying there you can always jump in a taxi with me and my friend.

I was at the Millenium stadium last year for the Carling Cup, and the orginisation afterwards is fantastic. Yes, you do have to wait in a line at the station, but these are clearly marked and trains are pretty frequent.

Sorry, I should have said "I have booked the BW in Bridgend." There's still rooms available. Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks for the info!

No, not from the UK. I'll be over there on "holiday" as you guys call it. :) I'll actually be up in Nor. Wales and taking the train down with my brother that day. Thanks for the website though. That will help in the planning of things.

moonzltdrm said:
I have hotel reservations in Barry.....what do you mean by "rough"? Should I change to a different location?

Whereabouts in Barry are you staying moonzltdrm? - I live here and can confirm that it's not 'rough'. For some reason it has that reputation, but that comes from people who don't live there and don't know otherwise.

Anyway, your best bet is to get a train in during the day (approx 20 mins), and then a taxi home in the evening (approx £20-£25). Last train back to Barry is around 11.30pm, but I'm sure you'll want a few cheeky ones in Cardiff after the show!

Let me know if I can help any further...

Oh my God we can't get any either and we're coming from Ireland
What time does the last trains go at anyone know? We could just go back to the airport and stay there if the trains are still running at that time. It's probably unlikely though.
I'll try some of those links tomorrow I'm too tired now.

Tatoo'd Lady said:
Oh my God we can't get any either and we're coming from Ireland
What time does the last trains go at anyone know? We could just go back to the airport and stay there if the trains are still running at that time. It's probably unlikely though.
I'll try some of those links tomorrow I'm too tired now.

Tatoo'd lady - the last trains to Barry (the nearest station to Cardiff Airport) leaves Cardiff at approx 11.30pm (but possibly later if U2 are in town? - dunno). Anyway, if you are thinking of doing that, why not try looking at the Mount Sorrel hotel in Barry (just google it). It's about 300 yards from the train station in Barry, plus a taxi then to Cardiff airport the next morning would only cost approx £5-£7. There are also several B&B's near the train station too for a cheaper option.

Good luck with hotels in Cardiff, I recommend trying the B&B's on Cathedral road personally - cheaper and more likely to find one.

I can't find accomodation in Cardiff for the 29th

I have been trying for the past 2 weeks and everything is fully booked that night!

I have no idea what to do, is anyone from Cardiff or can anyone help me in anyway? I am really worried.. :sad:

Cheers

There are loads and loads of places in cardiff, I'm sure you'll get something.

Try the smaller bed and breakfast hotels rather than the big hotels.

I've noticed quite often while trying to book over the internet that it looks as if the whole place is booked out, but in fact there are tons of places left

Try for hotels in Newport which is just down the road. The train station is is easy to get to and on the mainline from London to Cardiff and the station in Cardiff is right beside the stadium.

This hotel is about a minute's walk from Newport station...

Kings Hotel
High Street
Newport Gwent NP20 1QU
Tel: (01633 842020)

I just rang a bed and breakfast Llanrumney Hall and at first the Lady said there was nothing available and then she said she had a spare room I could stay in, which I thought was realy nice of her.. she said 25 pounds a night.. :huh:

I am so confused, I have been living in Perth too long

£25 isn't too bad, but not sure what the room would be like considering it's a spare room in what's essentially a hotel cum pub.

LuvandPeace1980 said:
I just rang a bed and breakfast Llanrumney Hall and at first the Lady said there was nothing available and then she said she had a spare room I could stay in, which I thought was realy nice of her.. she said 25 pounds a night.. :huh:

I am so confused, I have been living in Perth too long

im paying £45 per person per night! i asked why it was so much (all it is is B&B) and they said prices tend to fluxuate around the time the city holds a major event so it is simply a case of supply and demand i think.

If anyones still looking for rooms, try Blue Dragon hotel, phone number i was given is 02920481858 - its about 2 miles away from the stadium so about 30 mins walk

someone posted on another cardiff thread that i haven't found yet rooms available through cardiff university. i just booked one--20 pounds a night, and a 20 minute walk to the stadium. awesome!!!!

Cardiff Accomodation

Cannot find any! Spent two hours on the web today.. Its booked out.. Anyone have any ideas?

Back
Top Bottom