Hawaii April 8th (& 9th?!) Aloha Stadium Part XII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh dear:yikes: I hope the weather is not like that in April!!
What is the weather like there in April?:wink:

Should be absolutely gorgeous in April, Carmel. That's right about when high season begins and we have months of beautiful weather. Right now is sort of the 'rainy season', I guess.

bort269 said:

my bad if already posted... I'm off to work and only checked the last 2 pages of this thread, but I saw this on @U2's blog today:

http://atu2.blogspot.com/2006/02/and-saga-continues-about-hawaii.html

And the saga continues about Hawaii...
File this in the category of "make up your minds already!"

The proposed ticket onsale date for the proposed April 9 Hawaiian has been put on indefinite hold pending more details from U2 and their management, according to an industry source. Apparently, there are still concerns that the first Hawaiian date has not sold out and management is worried about the 2nd show not selling well at all and fear having U2's best selling tour in history to end on a sour note. In the meantime, the promoter is still very much committed to bringing a 2nd U2 show to Hawaii.

I share the same feelings as many fans on the various mail lists and online chat boards: Hawaii is a destination where it's a very far location to travel to for only ONE show; however if there are TWO, then it makes it far more appealing to travel out for.

More news as it comes along.

WTF?!?!
Is there an email or phone number we should all flood at Principal Management to tell them that the second show will sell out!

I have a feeling there will not be a second show as the first is still not sold out. I know some people are holding out for a second show and until then they wont buy the bad seats. But really, how many people would hold out for that? I think alot of people would take any tickets just to be in the building. As far as the "traveling" thing goes - it is way too pricey for alot of people to travel there. So if you would consider traveling there at all to see them I think it wouldn't matter in the long run if there were 1 or 2 shows. Plus it being the last american show makes it very appealing even if for 1 show.

My point is why put on another show if you can't sell out the first? It is taking a huge risk. imo.

topherchris9 said:
Should be absolutely gorgeous in April, Carmel. That's right about when high season begins and we have months of beautiful weather. Right now is sort of the 'rainy season', I guess.

WHEW, that is good to know...:wink:

Not so good to know there may not be a second show due to the first not selling out yet:mad: WTF am I going to do with my extra GA?

My parents went to Oahu years ago in mid March and the weather was not so good. I remember them complaining about how windy it was, and a lot of rain.

Bono's Betty said:

I have a feeling there will not be a second show as the first is still not sold out. I know some people are holding out for a second show and until then they wont buy the bad seats. But really, how many people would hold out for that? I think alot of people would take any tickets just to be in the building. As far as the "traveling" thing goes - it is way too pricey for alot of people to travel there. So if you would consider traveling there at all to see them I think it wouldn't matter in the long run if there were 1 or 2 shows. Plus it being the last american show makes it very appealing even if for 1 show.

My point is why put on another show if you can't sell out the first? It is taking a huge risk. imo.

Lots of us have stated these same things quite a few times throughout the last few weeks, but given all the hints (contradictory or otherwise) you can't really blame us for holding a little bit of hope...

Worst case scenario, another free day in paradise :)

Well yeah :wink:

Oh, and got your video :sexywink:

Will watch when I get to my home computer :D

:hyper: *crosses finger* I hope you win!!!
I would love to stand by an Adam girl in GA...my buddies are all about Bono and Edge.

Oh, do not feel bad Jules, neither have I, but they are on there way, I am sure...So you say Gorillaz and Madonna live performace eh..Right On!!
I will be like this in front of the TV:ohmy:

:dance:

It would be perfect to see U2 perform there also... I hope they at least win:hyper:

There is an update to the post on @U2 blog from earlier today...it's saying "Later on in the day, word came that the 2nd show has been all but "officially" cancelled. (Of course you can't cancel something that was never officially scheduled.)"

:sad: Ah well, if so, then an extra day to explore...

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh well, those of us that get to see ONE show there are so lucky anyway...

weinerdog said:

your screen-name is awesome.

weinerdog said:

I have only seen U2 once before, so seeing them at all is a real treat for me. No complaining from me :happy:

:(

:sigh:

And what a weird way to put it: the 2nd show has been all but "officially" cancelled.

Am I the only one that thinks you can interpret that sole sentence in two ways?

Why not just write: the 2nd show has been "officially" cancelled.

It's the "all but" part that throws me for a loop.
'Cause that has me reading: the 2nd show has been all, except for cancelled. As in it has not been cancelled.

Which doesn't make sense after you read the entire blog entrance.
Must be my ESL.

't Was still an informative read though.
At least now I know why Jack Johnson is so popular on Hawaii.
He's from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom