Edmonton or Calgary dates?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Don't give up hope just yet. There are some massive gaps in this list and I'm not just talking about the space for added dates to already existing cities. There is time to get ONE Alberta show in there.

My prediction:

11/25- Ottawa
11/26- Montreal
11/28- Montreal
12/1- Edmonton
12/2- Edmonton
12/4- Winnipeg
12/7- Hartford
12/9- Buffalo etc....

That gap is too big to ignore. Especially when the gap between Atlanta and Ottawa is a week long.

Dr_Macphisto said:
My prediction:

11/25- Ottawa
11/26- Montreal
11/28- Montreal
12/1- Edmonton
12/2- Edmonton
12/4- Winnipeg
12/7- Hartford
12/9- Buffalo etc....

That gap is too big to ignore. Especially when the gap between Atlanta and Ottawa is a week long.

I hope even one date would work. If its the Peg, Edmonton, or Calgary. I'm kinda banking on saving my Prop priority code for this.

That's my dilemma, I'm not using my code unless an Alberta date is listed. I PRAY U2 add a date in Edmonton or even Calgary. Alberta deserves at least 1 date.

I'm new here, and I'll just jump right in. This is a sad day. I was hoping - no, assuming - that there would be at least two Alberta dates. And now nothing. What a let down. What happened, I wonder?

Dang! What can we do to get them to play here? Maybe Ralph Klein can give Bono a ring...wait...never mind.

friarwolf said:
Dang! What can we do to get them to play here? Maybe Ralph Klein can give Bono a ring...wait...never mind.

Pffff.....! They'd NEVER come here then!

Roland of Gilead said:
And now rumour has it Vegas might get added. My wife has always wanted to go and what an excuse this would be!

I heard the Vegas thing too. I think it was a November date if i remember correctly. I was thinking of going. :| I guess not any more

Last edited:
They would rather panhandle to the cities they went to on the first leg, I secretly hope they dont sell out those extra dates in Chicago Boston and Philly. None the less I am glad I got tickets for the first leg now but I really was writing in an Alberta date quite shocking, considering this is one of the few areas they arent covering in North America.

If they add a date in the middle there, it would be Calgary... Edmonton screwed up in booking a gig for the Elevation Tour, which is why they went to Calgary in the first place. The promoter was making outlandish demands, so there is a bit of a boycott on the possibility of an Edmonton venue for a u2 show. Put the Edmonton rumors to bed already.

It's all empty optimism for any additions at this point. Winnipeg is a very outside chance... even though Hamilton was a darkhorse last tour.

I sent my emails into both edmonton and calgary radio stations...hopefully some action is taken.

Well, I fired off a couple of e-mails as well. If CJAY started making some noise, I think the show could happen. I hope. If there's any other disappointed Albertans out there, send e-mails as well! Swamp them in laments!

Well, CJAY was successful in prodding Motley Crue with a petition to make a stop in Calgary. So ANYTHING is possible.

:sexywink:

I heard on The Bear today that they got a throng of phonecalls and emails from people so hopefully the ball is rolling.

If there's a DJ in Edmonton that can start something, then Park Warden would be on 100.3 The Bear. I emailed him already so maybe if anybody else would like to, here is his address:
park@bear.fm

Anybody else have any luck else where?

I like the sound of Winnipeg filling the gap. It seems great and possible.

U2 play Winnipeg in 2005!

Back
Top Bottom