Calgary

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thetitans2k

Refugee
does any one know anything about the rumoured Calgary dates? How long is the drive from Winnipeg to Calgary?

Giving up on Winnipeg are you? You would have been way better off going to Minneapolis. How come you didn't get tix for that show?

got mine in the mail today!!! :dance:

I havent givin up on Winnipeg, just i war wondering about Calgary because there were rumours about a show. I was planing on going to the twin cities but it didnt quite work out. Congrats on your tickets betty at least you get to see them at least once!

It seems as though they just forget about western/central Canada. those bastards. lets hope they still add Calgary add Winnipeg.

I have been keeping my eyes peeled for any additional rumours about U2 coming to Calgary.

Innitially, there was a list of additional rumoured cities. Las Vegas was on the rumour list and U2 added it recently exactly the same way it was rumoured to happen (same dates/venue). So this makes the Calgary rumour more credible. Of course, it could be just wishful thinking on my part.

I'll make sure to post in here if I find anything.

well i have been waiting for Calgary too.... but i am getting worried because of course it is only a rumor and it may never come true.... i have heard people saying that if they don't make an announcement by the end of the month then most likely there won't be any dates for Calgary.....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! I am trying to keep positive and hopefully we will hear something next week.. fingers, arms, legs and everything else closed people.......

GabyD said:
well i have been waiting for Calgary too.... but i am getting worried because of course it is only a rumor and it may never come true.... i have heard people saying that if they don't make an announcement by the end of the month then most likely there won't be any dates for Calgary.....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! I am trying to keep positive and hopefully we will hear something next week.. fingers, arms, legs and everything else closed people.......

sorry i meant crossed.. lol

has any one emailed or talked to any radio DJ's about them coming to Calgary? which stations would be good to email?

I just got an email from power 97 in Winnipeg and they said that there were two dates that were just booked in Calgary, so it hurts winnipegs chances for a show but good for calgary. Im going to try to get tickets to one of these shows. who longs the drive from Winnipeg to Calgary?

you could just drive down to Calgary its a short drive in comparison to what im gonna have to do.

thetitans2k said:
I just got an email from power 97 in Winnipeg and they said that there were two dates that were just booked in Calgary, so it hurts winnipegs chances for a show but good for calgary. Im going to try to get tickets to one of these shows. who longs the drive from Winnipeg to Calgary?

Is this for sure? Or is this radio station saying that based on the rumors? I hoper if in fact the dates have been officially booked then we should hear something soon...
Hopefully we can all meet for the concert...

im thinking it will probably be annouced tommorow. Because he said that they were booked not rumoured to be booked.

so i bet no one has there presale codes left, so there will be some good tickets in the regular sale.

thetitans2k said:
so i bet no one has there presale codes left, so there will be some good tickets in the regular sale.

Well i still have my presale code left.. so i am hoping to get myself some good tickets

thetitans2k said:

I've got mine, i almost used it for Vegas, but held out!

I got mine and I was hoping to use it for an Edmonton show but I'm not hearing anything on that. Still they are coming to Alberta, which is what I want.

This was the original rumour going around the net:

Sept. 26, 2005 @ Indianapolis, IN - Conseco Fieldhouse
Sept. 29, 2005 @ Calgary, Alberta - Pengrowth Saddledome
Sept. 30, 2005 @ Calgary, Alberta - Pengrowth Saddledome
Nov. 4, 2005 @ Las Vegas, NV - Thomas & Mack Arena
Nov. 5, 2005 @ Las Vegas, NV - Thomas & Mack Arena
Nov. 8, 2005 @ Oakland, CA - Oakland Arena
Nov. 9, 2005 @ Oakland, CA - Oakland Arena
Nov. 11, 2005 @ Sacramento, CA - Arco Arena
Dec. 1, 2005 @ Albany, NY - Pepsi Arena
Dec. 12, 2005 @ Kansas City, MO - Kemper Arena

So far the Oakland and Las Vegas rumours have come true. (However the LV show are booked at the MGM Grand Arena, not at the Thomas & Mack Center.)

It looks like Calgary has a good shot at getting a couple of Vertigo shows.

I think that it basically kills Winnipegs chances of a show unless they come back at the end of the tour. but im gonna keep hoping for a show in Winnipeg.

Back
Top Bottom