Calgary

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Roland of Gilead said:
Honestly, I think the band filled in the dates completely now. They do take 2-4 days off between some cities.

I think its all done now too. My code stayed up for the time (maybe 10 days?) between the announcement between the oakland shows and the vegas shows. Its gone now so i dont know why it wouldnt be there if another announcement was going to be made in the next 10 days or so.

At this point theres absoultley no way of knowing when or if it will come. Maybe the boys will take a couple days off to rest during these dates. But why does the tour have to end in Portland? they could just do calgary and the winnipeg after Portland.

I think that U2 is going to schedule Calgary in based on how they feel. For instance, at the end of April, they will have a better understanding of how the tour is going whether or not they will want to play additional shows in November or just relax.

retro said:
The annoucement doesnt have to be in the next 10 days. It could be longer then that.

I agree with you.. it could actually take longer and the fact that the code has dissapeared does not mean they won't put it back.. After all the presales ended for the originally scheduled shows..the codes were removed and it say something like "The presales have ended now or something like that and it gave you the option to go to zootopia, check e-mail or whatever... also let's remember that U2.com did not make it official until later that Oakland and Vegas were going to be added to the tour.. by this time most people alredy knew about it.. so who knows.. anything could happen...

Charlotte, NC was just added to the tour for Dec 12/05. I think this late announcement gives additional hope for a Calgary stop.

I think it means that any city could be added at any time. Hopefully that means Clagary and Winnipeg. How does Charrlotte get a date, theres no fan base there. Sometimes I cant concive of some of the moves U2 managment.

thetitans2k said:
I think it means that any city could be added at any time. Hopefully that means Clagary and Winnipeg. How does Charrlotte get a date, theres no fan base there. Sometimes I cant concive of some of the moves U2 managment.
I agree. There is also rumors for a date in Cincinnati so anything is possible.
The only thing that i am worried about is that U2 Tours had the rumor about KC on the 12th and now that Charlotte has been announced.. it doesn't sound that reliable now.. does it?
So as much as i hate to say it.. Calgary could just be a and stay a beautiful rumor....

who knows? the radio station here in winnipeg says its 50/50 chances for winnipeg because we are competing with Calgary for a show.

thetitans2k said:
I just got an email from power 97 in Winnipeg and they said that there were two dates that were just booked in Calgary, so it hurts winnipegs chances for a show but good for calgary. Im going to try to get tickets to one of these shows. who longs the drive from Winnipeg to Calgary?

I've never done it ..but I've been told it's at least 12 hours. (looking at a map it could be more)

Sanchez said:
Calgary get Vertigo

Winnipeg.....................not so much :(

Why are people saying this there is still a chance both ways. I will be in Calgary or Winnipeg if there is a show. It makes my life alot easier if it is Winnipeg.

well everybody, the Calgary Sun does not have U2 on the Events Guide anymore and according to U2TOURS, the Sacramento date that was rumored will not happen, so for some reason i am leaning towards the fact that it will not happen for Calgary either....i hope i am wrong but something tells me it is not...

it is really hard to believe that Alberta would not get a show seeing as how they sold out two shows on elevation.

these fans who have shows in there city dont understand how tough it is not to have a show. Sure you could travel all over north america, but who has the money or the time?

Maybe they are waiting until after Vancouver shows for the announcement, so as not to discourage people from spending their money in Vancouver now instead of waiting for Calgary in the Fall.

aren't both vancouver shows sold out though?

i don't see the point of waiting to announce any calgary/winnipeg shows. they're getting their money either way. :shrug:

An annoucement would have to come a few days to week after the charlotte general sale because thats what seems to be the trend in them annoucing new dates.

The vancouver shows have come and gone and still we wait for the word on Winnipeg or Calgary. Perhaps they are done adding dates.

Back
Top Bottom