What song has missed your orbit?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I saw a first leg show (San Jose 2) and a third leg (Portland).

And all I wanted was some Zoo Station :sad: ...

I was so thrilled at the beginning of the tour when that song was announced. How many shows was Zoo Station left out of in the first leg? I think I was one of the very very few :wink:

They... Don't like me :sad:

I missed Mysterious Ways. Ironically, they played it for the last time in Europe the day after.
Otherwise I've been very lucky for a European, I've heard:

Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses (played 4 times only)
Party Girl (played 4 times only)
Original Of The Species (played 4 times only)
and I got to hear both Running To Stand Still and Miss Sarajevo. I consider myself pretty lucky.

The only three U2 and U2 released cover songs I missed this tour were Discotheque, Angel of Harlem and Walk On (Walk On was on the setlist for one of the October NYC shows but not played...). And the full In A Little While, although I got the maxi-snippet enough. :) I picked my dates well as far as setlist evolution and variety. :-D Most happy about hearing Gloria as they only played it 19 times on the tour, and I got to hear it three times. I know a couple of gals who went to 20+ shows where Gloria eluded them...until their last show in Cleveland; they were in tears when they finally got to hear it. :wink: Also got to hear Original of the Species in all three arrangements - Edge on piano without Bono guitar, Edge on piano with Bono guitar, and Edge and Bono on guitar with Terry on piano (the best version).

Did pretty well on the other covers, got Instant Karma three times! Believe the only full ones I missed were People Get Ready, Help, Love Will Tear Us Apart and Unchained Melody - although I did get to hear the latter two as snippets, I'm chuffed about Love Will Tear Us Apart because I hadn't even heard a snippet in 43 lifetime shows (nor had a boot with it!) until Bono threw it into WOWY on 11-21.

Last edited:
3 Vertigo shows, never heard Original of the Species. I'd have heard that, along with UTEOTW at the Cleveland show, had I been able to get tickets. Still incredibly pissed!

Fast Cars. :madspit: And In a Little While. :sad:

I'm pretty damn lucky, though, I got Party Girl, Out of Control (twice!!), I Will Follow, Who's Gonna Ride... (debut), The First Time (possibly my favorite song off Zooropa), Gloria x2, Electric Co. x3, The Ocean, several OOTS, Crumbs x2, and one Bad (but I didn't appreciate it for some reason!! :mad: ). Plus Running to Stand Still, and that unbelievable Fly and Zoo Station. :ohmy: :up:

Thank you, U2. Never would have imagined I would see many of those, ever! :bow:

I've seen 5 U2 shows total, 4 Elevation and 1 Vertigo, but I've not heard "Running to Stand Still." I hope to hear this played on the next tour. I would also love to witness OOTS.

I do count myself lucky to have seen "Kite" and "All I Want Is You" at San Jose 2 during Elevation though. And "Fast Cars" in Houston was a treat.

Back
Top Bottom