MERGED--> the true upcoming setlist + update on true setlist

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:wink:

I love big heated debates on Interference where someone posts some huge claim, which is probably a lie, but it's hard to tell, and then everyone freaks out over it. Seriously, I think it's awesome. Funny, and silly, but good stuff.

*bump*

:bump:

Here's what my sources are telling me - you can take it too the bank.

1) Vertigo
2) Everything She Wants
3) Faith
4) Edge of Heaven
5) Young Guns (go for it)
6) Freedom 90
7) Fastlove
8) Wham Rap

Acoustic Set
9) Careless Whisper
10) Different Corner
11) Where Did Your Heart Go?
12) Praying for Time

13) I Want Your Sex
14) Amazing
15) Father Figure
16) I'm Your Man
17) One More Try

Encores
18) Too Funky
19) Wake Me Up Before You Go Go
20) I Knew Your Were Waiting for Me
21) Yahweh

Seems the boys are so upset that George is quitting the music business, the Vertigo tour is going to be a tribute to him.

OMG - 'Prayiong For Time' would rock - but is it Edge and Larry on lead, or the less savoury 'Drunken Fart Remix' fronted by Adam? And will they or will they not perform it inside a mirrored pickle with Elvis and only in Chicago?

This is the updated setlist for Vertigo Tour 2005. I'm not gonna say where I got my information or how they know it. This is it. This is the tour. You can disagree if you want but you will be wrong because this is it. You want me to prove it, well I can't....so I guess you're going to have to take my word for it on this internet forum.
1. I Will Follow
2. Twilight
3. An Cat Dubh
4. Into the Heart
5. Out of Control
6. Stories for Boys
7. The Ocean
8. A Day Without Me
9. Another Time, Another Place
10. The Electric Co.
11. Shadows and Tall Trees
12. Gloria
13. I Fall Down
14. I Threw a Brick Through a Window
15. Rejoice
16. Fire
17. Tomorrow
18. October
19. With a Shout
20. Stranger in a Strange Land
21. Scarlet
22. Is That All

Personally I think they ought to cover "Truly Madly Deeply" by Savage Garden. :rolleyes:

Ladies and gentlemen, DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE.

I have been a respected setlist expert on this site for a while now. I think the time has come to tell you why I am so expert. I'm Adam. This is my secret passion. I log all of U2's sets. I know just what I'm talking about. And this is what we're planning for you this time out:

1. Red Light
2. Babyface
3. The Refugee
4. Miami
5. Stranger In A Strange Land
6. Big Girls Are Best
7. 4th Of July
8. The Playboy Mansion
9. Boy/Girl
10. Wild Honey
11. Love Rescue Me

We're confident that you're going to LOVE it! On some nights, we may even play Grace!

Well, he said we could "take it to the bank," so here's my offer:

I am willing to bet anyone on this list that the original poster's "setlist" will *not* be the setlist on opening night. Feel free to step right up. :wink:

I think the only suprise in Bigloaders list is UF. I think anyone could have come up with that safe setlist.

I need them to play Until The End Of The World.
And New Year's Day. That's all I need.

I don't believe him, but if that is the setlist I'm going to be disappointed.

How many times do we have to hear IWF, SBS, NYD, etc?

fuckin a, play somethin else.......

and I don't want any acoustic crappola.

People shouldn't be hounded for having only 5 posts - they should be welcomed to the Interference community.

But with all due respect, my strong opinion is that the above setlist is totally off-base.

I'm the true inside source.

But i'm not stupid enough to reveal the setlist.

JOFO said:

yes maybe for you who has more than likley seen them live before, what about the people that havent?

KUEFC09U2 said:
yes maybe for you who has more than likley seen them live before, what about the people that havent?

I would refer them to any of the number of live concert videos u2 have released.

You know, I've seen U2 10 times, and they've never seen fit to play The Electric Co. for me. And that was the song that got me really into the band. How dare they!

No one is "owed" seeing and hearing anything, no matter how popular or how much they like it. Hey, I never saw Led Zeppelin. Born too late! Whoops!

If there are people who are just now getting into the band, that's great. But they should go to shows with an open mind, ready to be blown away by whatever really moves the band. And I know if I were in their shoes, I wouldn't want to see a Greatest Hits Jukebox.

Bottom line, we'll get what we get. I just hope the band doesn't do anything because they feel they "owe it" to the crowd.

Except Electric Co., Acrobat, Hawkmoon... :wink:

i hate to inject sanity into this threads quest for the holy fail,lol but here s a legit idea. legit because other artists have done it. but they usaly arn't too big commercaly. so they can kinda get away with it. like one my other fav artists, david bowie while on tour in 2002 did two albums of his work in thier entirenty plus a few sepreate songs. he did his new album and a older one. bowie has a cult following. he can get away with it. could a big band like u2 do it? i considered how exactly it would go. well they could do two albums plus a few songs for encore.
HTDDAB would always be one, and a rotating other album be the second. perhaps a few assigned to one leg of the tour. so they don;t have to reheaese so many songs at once. how about this for opening night?
HTDDAB and say BOY for one night. dimantle first then boy. so thats about 90 mins of music. and then play say.
1.with or without you
2.beatiful day
3.walk on
4.one
5.all i want is you.

so thats about 30 mins so thiers your two hours. alot of people are going by number of songs but i;m going be time. and 2 hours is at least what they would do no matter what. this is total of about 27 28 songs. but only like two hours. so about that idea? even just to think how you might do it? do i think they would ever do it? most likey no. not unless they put out a album that sold like 300,000 copys and they bascaly become a nostalga act. you goota have have nothing to lose commcercaly toi do stuff like this. but how cool would be if you went to u2 show and had no idea what the second album would be?

but how cool would be if you went to u2 show and had no idea what the second album would be? [/B]

Yeah, right. I pay 40 clams for the fan club. Get nada during the pre-sale. Shell out a few hundered for shitty seats. I arrive at the venue (Philly). I get ready to have my mind blown. I get "Passengers" for the second album... On second thought, Bigloader's set list is looking better and better... :wink:

JOFO said:

Please don't flame me, i know im a newbie but thats my point, Ive recently got into U2, have got tickets for manchester and am praying that they do IWF, SBS and NYD as those are some of my faves and ive obviously never seen them live before. As long as they do a mix of classics and the great new songs off the album, then Im happy. Hell, if Bono turns up, I'm happy.... :sexywink:

we could probably dedicate an entire thread to that smiley - if it hasn't been done already.:wink:

:rockon: too bad we can't enlarge them

Back
Top Bottom