MAJOR SPOILER ALERT - Saturday Rehearsal Setlist - Whaddya Think?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
all i know is when we find out where the DVD is being shot, I'm scalping tickets for that show!!

It will be amazing, plus I think it would be awesome to text your name and have it show up on the screens during ONE. If your name came up on the DVD,....:drool:

For those asking about U2 showing everything they have in store for the tour last night need to understand that last night was a rehearsal. It was a FREE show. Tomorrow night is the official kickoff of the Vertigo tour and the fans who will be attending have paid $$$ to see the COMPLETE show.

I have a question. How was the sound quality of the PA system? Better sounding that Elevation? Thanks.

i heard the sound wasnt that good, only because of the venue though. It should be as good, if not better than Elevation/.

from that u2log entry, it says that there is a step down in front of bono's mike stand on the stage, where he can get intimate with the crowd.

Last edited:
thought this was cool:

"Edge’s guitar and Bono’s vocal were the only instruments used during the first verse of ‘Elevation’ before the rhythm section kicked in.

An acoustic ‘Stuck In A Moment’ followed, with Edge on piano and Bono on guitar. The ending was extended as Edge sang his beautiful falsetto part several times over before Adam and Larry joined and upped the pace to the conclusion."

Edge sang Zoo station with a microphone head-set & Bono's back on guitar for THE FLY :drool:

Last edited:
crosby87 said:
This setlist is crap.Where are WOWY,NYD,TUF,Bad,UTEOTW and Electrical Storm?

WOWY, NY, and UTEOTW, I'll take a bet that says 2 of these will be played on opening night.

crosby87 said:
This setlist is crap.Where are WOWY,NYD,TUF,Bad,UTEOTW and Electrical Storm?

So in other words, you want a boring setlist? OK. :|

damn, i need a bootleg of this show....I just read on that u2log blog that Bono played the tambourine during ABOY.

Axver said:

So in other words, you want a boring setlist? OK. :|

No I'm guessing it means he doesn't know the other songs. I mean really who posts that the setlist is crap when it's concerning U2? How can it be crap? I don't wanna be rude but that post by Crosby87 really annoyed me.

You want a boring setlist.You pay the big price to see that show and only 20 songs want they play.The world tour like Vertigo Tour is to play the classics songs like WOWY,NYD AND UTEOTW.iT'S NOt to play the crappy songs like you love An Cat Dubh and Into the Heart.

Wow, it is true. Some people do like stale sets with over-played songs and aren't appreciative when U2 treat them to rare songs.

And let's not kid ourselves, that set was full of classics/famous songs. Beautiful Day, Bullet The Blue Sky, Running To Stand Still, One, Where The Streets Have No Name, Pride - that's a good number of classics rather than a total overdose.

u2 can't win:shrug:

it seems the ONLY criticism of the last tour was the "cemented" setlist, not enough rare tracks. That's what my only one was, at least.

So it seems like their going to finally switch things up, some fans are still going to b upset

crosby87 said:
You want a boring setlist.You pay the big price to see that show and only 20 songs want they play.The world tour like Vertigo Tour is to play the classics songs like WOWY,NYD AND UTEOTW.iT'S NOt to play the crappy songs like you love An Cat Dubh and Into the Heart.

This post sucked worse than your fisrt post. Go listen to the radio if you hate the setlist. that or go buy the best of albums and sit in your room and listening to those instead of going to the show as some unapreaciative wanker. Sorry man but you sound like a goof.

I think it's a great setlist! I'm so happy they went back to 40 for the ending, are playing some more Boy songs and bringing back Running to Stand Still and The Fly. I'm kind of surprised Bullet is still there, but pleasantly so since this will be my first U2 concert and I really want my chance to see it live!

My only really beef is I don't like City of Blinding Lights as the opener. I don't care for the song in the first place, and I don't think it's the right song for an opener anyway. I would much rather have Vertigo or Love and Peace or Else.

I'd love to hear I Will Follow, Gloria, Until the End of the World, Gone, New Year's Day, With or Without You, Bad, All I Want Is You and Original of the Species, but I have a feeling at least some of them will get played sometime during the tour.

liamcool said:
Hey, it's simple. YOU CAN GO AND FIND SOME ELEVATION SHOWS FOR SAFE SETLISTS. IT'S TIME FOR A CHANGE, AND UNPREDICTABILITY. LIKE LOVETOWN.

:up: Preach it.

I cannot believe that anyone is moaning and whinging about the choice of songs. Sometimes, bands like to chop and change the songs they play during a tour even if it means cutting the odd favorite. I wouldn't be upset if they played WOWY, NYD, UTEOTW or Bad as I love every one of those songs. I've seen them played many times live, but I still wouldn't complain about hearing them again in a set.

However, sometimes a bit of unpredictability goes a long way (as liamcool said), especially if you've been a fan for 20 years like I have. To see the band blast out An Cat Dubh and Into The Heart will be like a dream come true for fans like me who didn't get to see them play live until the Unforgettable Fire Tour.

U2 have 25 years of material to choose from. Now try breaking that 25 years down into a two hour show. Not easy.

If you don't think you're going to like the set list, it's real simple. Don't go to the show, and if you did buy a ticket, sell it to someone who's going to appreciate it. I'm sure there are plenty of people on this board who didn't get a ticket for a show who would jump at the chance of going.

And what you make for The Unforgettable Fire and A Sort Of Homecoming,Exit,Acrobat,Ultraviolet,The Ground Beneath Her Feet.I love the song NYD,WOWY,Bad and i'm not tired to listen that and I am never tired to listen this song.Purely and Simple.

The song like An Cat Dubh and Into the Heart is a boring song and U2 doesn't need to make this song of the setlist.

The setlist for the Vertigo Tour should be:Vertigo,All Because Of you,Crumb From Your Table,Sometimes You Can't Make it on Your Own,Until The End Of The World,New Year's Day,The Unforgettable Fire,Electrical Storm,Gone,The Ground Beneath Her Feet,The Hands That Built America,Love And Peace Or Else,Please,City Of Blinding Light,Beautiful Day,Where The Streets Have No Name,Walk On,One,Bad,Miracle Drug,Bullet The Blue Sky,With Or Without You,Yahweh,40.

Yep, they are great songs and it would be great to hear them live again, but you get what you're given by the band. Simple as that.

As I said before, they have 25 years+ of material to choose from and they are trying to satisfy a huge number of fans from different 'U2 generations.' You only have to read the threads on this board to see that most peoples ideal set list differs to that of someone else.

If they played everything that everyone wanted to hear, they'd be playing for a few days straight for just one show!!

I can't believe that there is even one person on this planet who would choose a 'greatest hits' setblandlist over a set chock-full of rarities and surprises.

Back
Top Bottom