croke park 27th june

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BB Mac

War Child
mondays show

01. Vertigo
02. All Because of you
03. Gloria
04. Elevation
05. An Cat Dubh
06. Into the Heart
07. Beautiful Day
08. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
09. Original of the Species
10. Bad
11. City of Blinding Lights
12. Miracle Drug
13. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
14. Love And Peace Or Else
15. Sunday Bloody Sunday
16. Bullet The Blue Sky
17. Running To Stand Still
18. Pride (In The Name Of Love)
19. Where The Streets Have No Name
20. One
21. Zoo Station
22. The Fly
23. With or Without you
24. Vertigo

BB Mac

Last edited:
thanks bb mac but they added 40- see revised list

Dublin #3
Vertigo
All Because Of You
Gloria
Elevation
An Cat Dubh
Into The Heart
Beautiful Day
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
Original Of The Species
Bad / Dirty Old Town (snippet)
City Of Blinding Lights
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own / No Regrets (snippet)
Love And Peace Or Else
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky
Running To Stand Still
Pride (In The Name Of Love)
Where The Streets Have No Name
One / Unchained Melody (snippet)

Encore(s):
Zoo Station
The Fly
With Or Without You
Vertigo
Yahweh

Hmm, if they play this exact setlist at Amsterdam july 16 then I'm a happy camper. Gloria, An cat dubh/Into the heart and Bad :drool:, not bad man. Oh mighty Gods of Rock :bow:, for those about to rock I salute you! Please let this be the basis for a 3rd night show when I'm going!

I think Amsterdam may see more variety actually on night 2 AND 3 than Dublin did. UNLESS, they are filming. Then you are screwed!! :laugh:

Its a good setlist, best of the Euro tour for sure. I still wish they would break up the middle section a little though. They would have one of their better setlist patterns of any tour if they just tweaked it a bit.

Hey BB mac why don't you wait until the show is over and then post the set list? Besides you can only keep editing your post after one hour and the shows last longer than that. This way you will always post only part of the set list. :eyebrow: :shudder:

O man I hope some audio comes out from this show. I cant wait to hear Origional of the species into Bad. Great set. Best of the tour thus far.

I am now jealous of everyone!

Well it looks like the band finally pulled its head slightly out of its ass a bit for this show. Probably the best setlist of the tour so far, but I'm still going to say that 5 songs from the Joshua Tree is unnecessary. Substitute UTEOTW or WGRYWH for With or Without You and it would have been just about perfect. Gloria and An Cat Dubh instead of The Ocean, ending with 40 instead of the Vertigo repeat, and the inclusion of Bad as well as OOTS. I'm assuming that was the weakened, non-electric guitar version of OOTS but apparently that just ain't gonna happen.

Good enough, I guess. I would have liked to see a Thin Lizzy cover; from what I read on that Dave Fanning interview transcript Edge has been talking about them all tour. But you can't have everything.

Hope it sounded as good as it looks on paper. Let's just keep one thing in mind though--while this was a great setlist, there certainly weren't any surprises. They didn't play anything they haven't yet so far, and this would have been a nice crowd to spring Crumbs From Your Table on. Or A Sort of Homecoming, for that matter. Maybe they're waiting for the G8 show.

Anyway, this should have been a more unique setlist.

laz

i think 5 song from Joshua Tree is the best thing although Bullet The Blue Sky doesn't have that much energy anymore...I guess they didn't put a lot of effort in it when practicing...

Back
Top Bottom