(09-27-2004) U2 Album Cover on Amazon -- Interference.com *

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bratty_cat said:
I think it's a fitting cover for a 'punk rock' album. Has a late-70's punk vibe!

Exactly right! It´s an Clash or Ramones feeling to it...
Kinda like ATYCLB + red...

I think that picture of them would go nice inside the album, not on the cover.
For such a creative title, they could have done an artistic, creative cover, not just another picture of them. They have done too many album covers with a picture of them. My favorite album covers are the ones that they are not on, like War, Zooropa, Best of 1980-1990 and Best of 1990-2000. Rattle and Hum is the only cool one with them on it, although it's just Bono and Edge. It's the pose of Edge with the spotlight on him that is so cool.

u2ulysses said:
Nothing incredible (like the AB cover), but a great photo. Again, elegance in its simplicity. I think with a title like that, a simple cover was definitely needed - let the music do the talking, not the album cover. :wink:

That said, the band has a AB-ish look to them, especially Bono. Are those his FLY glasses again? :ohmy: I wonder how many pairs of those he'll lose (if he's like me and my sunglasses, a fair number).

I agree...my first thought as well, Achtung Baby-ish looking Bono. I 2 have spent more $ on sunglasses, especially lost/broken ones than I care 2 admit.

U2girl91289 said:
The picture is cool, but the red stripes bug me. Not bad overall, though

I think the red stripes r kind of like decor around "hazard" signs around toxic waste or nuclear material....

Its interesting that the the Band Name and the Title name are separated by 2 slashes "//"

This is used in programming languages such as Java or C++ to specify that whatever is written after those slashes are just comments, not part of the code, therefore should be ignored.

I wonder if it has a double meaning?

Anyways, I just found that interesting since I never see that outside of the programming world.

I think it is an 80's style cover, isn't it?

(yes...I know...my english is "poor"...sorry...I'm french)

Last edited:
originally posted by Johnny Mo
edge looks like he died suddenly.
adam died peacefully.
larry is facing the killer.
bono is the killer.

:laugh:

I don't know what to think about this. Its too plain, and there's nothing significant about it. JT had the desert in the background, ATYCLB was in an airport. Here, they do look like they're dead and Bono is up to no good. I don't know...
I'll have to wait to listen to the album to decide

has anyone printed it out and thrown it into a CD case to see how it looks....for interest.

i'm not sad enough to actually put my own suggestion into practice......well, i am actually but my printer is out of ink!

I think its their worst cover...but its the song that matters. I think it woulda been cooler without the red stripes. Boy it's gonna take a long time for me to get used to this cover. Oh yea and its from amazon.com so I don't 100% believe that this is the cover.

Correction: I meant: but "its the songs that matter", instead "its the song that matters"

Yeah

bratty_cat said:
I think it's a fitting cover for a 'punk rock' album. Has a late-70's punk vibe!

I am seeing that, along with they "Boy"-ish guitar sound of Vertigo, the artwork and typography are getting back to "U2-retro". I remember the t-shirts and buttons I had back in the 80's (it was a short time ago, of course) were all black, white and red. The font on the Vertigo single is U2 1982. Total punk. This could be a Clash or Sex Pistols record.

I remember in interviews back then U2 saying that they wanted to sound like The Who, Television and the Clash, but weren't good enough and they came out sounding like U2. (Thank God!) Maybe now they woke up and realized that now they are actually good enough to be the band they dreamed of being, now nearly 30 years later!

Last edited:
its a shocker, worst yet, looks cheesy.....expected something a bit more vibrant....im sorry but im really feeling let dwon, i know its just an album cover but, jeez a balck and white photo with a black border....dont mind the red lines though but it really is too plain...

Great colors...nice photo
Anyone noticed the 2 slashes behind "U2"...?

joy to all

Last edited:
Worst Album Cover Ever!

Worst Album Cover Ever! Please Edge, If you are reading these posts, tell us this is not the cover. I hope its just the temp artwork until the real cover is completed.

Could very well be a promotional poster for the album.

Btw,after reading NME's review of the album,i'm a little deflated.Looks like ,once again,Bono overhyped an album.

Hmmmm. to be honest, I do not like the cover art of the album, very unimaginative, however, you can't always judge a book by it's cover or in this case a CD.

Back
Top Bottom