(09-08-2005) Hewson: Bono Would Hate it if I Was President - contactmusic*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
HEWSON: 'BONO WOULD HATE IT IF I WAS PRESIDENT'

BONO's wife ALI HEWSON is so respected for her environmental work she has been hailed as the perfect candidate for President of Ireland - but she fears her rock star husband would be outraged if she took over MARY McALEESE's role.

The 44-year-old brunette, who famously campaigned to shut down English nuclear plant Sellafield in 2002, is convinced the U2 frontman would find it impossible to be deferential in her presence if she took on the powerful role.

She says, "I'm not sure I could persuade Bono to walk a few paces behind me, which is what the husband has to do."

http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.nsf/mndwebpages/hewson bono would hate it if i was president

First of all, "outraged?". :huh:

Yeah, I doubt that. And she didn't say that.

Secondly, this "news" is a couple of years old at least. The president rumor was going around in 2002 or 2003. And she said she had never been asked, it was a rumor.

Thanks again contactmusic for the crack reporting job :up: :rolleyes:.

It sounded to me like her comments were made in a joking way. Wow, the people at contact music either really have no sense of humour or they're just trying to stir people up.:| "Outraged"? :rolleyes: :tsk:

We already know what he looks like with make-up and a dress. I'm trying to find that picture where all the boys are dressed like women.

;)

Back
Top Bottom