(07-19-2006) Carter Alan Says Expect U2 Stadium Dates - Interference.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
Carter Alan Says Expect U2 Stadium Dates

Just moments ago on WZLX 100.7 FM in Boston, DJ, author and old comrade of U2, Carter Alan said on the air that fans should expect some US stadium dates in addition to the already rescheduled dates that are soon to be announced, we have been told by some readers in the area.

What have U2 got in store for us this time?! Can't wait to find out!

Stay tuned!

Last edited:
now that would really be a kick in the balls for europe, they have missed so many parts out from there european tour, and now they might be going back to a country which already had 2 legs and many more shows :|.

now if it meant they were going to bring the arena version of vertigo over here, but i doubt it :(

KUEFC09U2 said:
now that would really be a kick in the balls for europe, they have missed so many parts out from there european tour, and now they might be going back to a country which already had 2 legs and many more shows :|.

now if it meant they were going to bring the arena version of vertigo over here, but i doubt it :(

Sure they could sell out more shows in Europe and hit more countries, but I'm not sure how playing more shows in the US (assuming that it's true) is "a kick in the balls for europe."

I'm sure the band did a cost/benefit analysis in determining whether to play (on this tour) stadiums in Europe and only arenas in the US (and vice versa). I think, as a general matter, arenas in Europe are smaller than those in the US.

Plus, didn't they play to many more people on Leg 2 in Europe even after adding together Leg 1 and 3? Wouldn't those large numbers also suggest that people from locations where concerts weren't played traveled to locations where U2 did play? (That pattern certainly happens in the states.)

Finally, the United States is huge, and its states are equivalent to (even larger than) the size of the European countries. To suggest that one country is getting more shows grossly elevates form over substance.

With that said, I really hope they add more shows in the US and Europe! :drool:

Speculating about a winter US stadium tour....

That would mean either stadiums in the warmer states, and/or indoor 'dome' stadiums as well.

Just something to think about.

ladywithspinninghead said:
I have to remind myself that living next to the U.S. does have its benefits :drool:

Living in the US doesn't hurt either :drool: That would be a great surprise if they came back to the states but I won't hold my breath:|

**Stashes away a few $$ :shifty: **

HelloAngel said:
Carter Alan Says Expect U2 Stadium Dates

Just moments ago on WZLX 100.7 FM in Boston, DJ, author and old comrade of U2, Carter Alan said on the air that fans should expect some U2 stadium dates in addition to the already rescheduled dates that are soon to be announced, we have been told by some readers in the area.

What have U2 got in store for us this time?! Can't wait to find out!

Stay tuned!

Is there a typo here, HelloAngel? It reads "u2 stadium dates" and it seems everyone is assuming "US stadium dates." could you confirm what it should say?

Also, U.S. stadium=Hawaii, so it might not be anything we don't already know. I think if the band had secretly been scheduling an extension of the tour in the U.S. (in the winter) at stadiums information would have leaked by now, with so many people involved in the planning. I suppose anything could happen, but I'd be really surprised if this is true.

In the past 2 weeks, I was told that the band would finsh the Vertigo tour in Madison Square Garden and I laughed....a lot.

Now, looks like the smile might end up on the other side of my face

Re: Re: (07-19-2006) Carter Alan Says Expect U2 Stadium Dates - Interference.com*

ruffian said:

Is there a typo here, HelloAngel? It reads "u2 stadium dates" and it seems everyone is assuming "US stadium dates." could you confirm what it should say?

Doh! Sorry about that - had been excited when I was typing! :)

ladywithspinninghead said:
Yes, the person who heard the dj say this (over at U2tour) says he announced US stadium dates in the "continental USA"...

do you know where this was originally posted? nothing on www.u2tours.com...

I'm calling bullshit.

They're not coming back to the mainland US to do stadiums and even if they were, somehow I doubt they've got Carter "Hey I Played I Will Follow Before Anyone Else And Have Been Milking It For 26 Years" Alan on speed dial about their tour plans.

The record is coming up on 2 years old. "Species" didn't chart well. I love HTDAAB but the album is dead and U2 doesn't need the cash to tour for no reason.

Hmmm, could we possibly see a new album sooner than we expect, or even an EP like Zooropa was initially intended to be, followed by Australian tour dates and a final US Stadium leg? Hmmm? hm?

It sounds at least 15% reasonably to me. And that's enough to at least get a little excited.

Seems kind of bogus to me. I would think that IF they were to do another return to the States/North America it would be in major markets like New York, Boston, Chicago, Montreal. If they're reporting stadium shows, I don't see this happening in these cities in November/December. Sure there are warmer climate cities that they could play in outdoors, but I think it seems pretty unlikely, imho.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see!

I knew that I could go away on vacation for three weeks, not check the internet and things would be EXACTLY the same. No confirmation on the rescheduled dates and continued speculation about added dates. Oh brother! :eyebrow:

mabel said:
Seems kind of bogus to me. I would think that IF they were to do another return to the States/North America it would be in major markets like New York, Boston, Chicago, Montreal. If they're reporting stadium shows, I don't see this happening in these cities in November/December. Sure there are warmer climate cities that they could play in outdoors, but I think it seems pretty unlikely, imho.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see!

You are right on all of those cities except Montreal. They have a domed stadium.

I'm extremely skeptical that this will happen. I would be surprised if it does happen, but I wouldnt be shocked. You have to remember they were tentatively planning stadium shows in N. America for this past spring/early summer. They may just be following through on that because taking this much time off starting it all up again and then only playing 10 or so shows doesnt really fit U2's profile live. It may still happen that way, but due to those circumstances I wouldnt be shocked if they played more shows in continental N. America. Also remember that the third leg of Popmart went through N. America and that was stadiums only and was almost the exact same time of year. :shrug:

I think before everyone starts the U.S./N. America bashing, they should wait to see if it even transpires. :shrug:

Last edited:
CANADA PLEASE!!!
How about Winnipeg, Calgary, Edmonton??????????????????
Before everyone laughs Winnipeg Stadium SOLD OUT in June of 1997 for the Pop Tour!!! Better than some places in the States!!!

Back
Top Bottom