(07-03-2005) U2 the Fourth Biggest KROQ Band of all Time -- KROQ*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
U2 the Fourth Biggest KROQ Band of All Time

LA alternative rock station KROQ has unveiled its ranking of the 106.7 Biggest KROQ Bands of All Time. Voted on by listeners, the poll placed U2 at number four, ahead of former openers including Rage Against the Machin and No Doubt, as well as idols including The Clash and The Ramones.

The complete listing:

> VERSION 5.0 – INDEPENDENCE DAY WEEKEND 2005
1. Green Day
2. Depeche Mode
3. Nirvana
4. U2
5. Sublime
6. No Doubt
7. Rage Against The Machine
8. The Cure
9. Red Hot Chili Peppers
10. Beastie Boys
11. Coldplay
12. Bob Marley
13. Linkin Park
14. Nine Inch Nails
15. Radiohead
16. System Of A Down
17. The Smashing Pumpkins
18. The Clash
19. Weezer
20. Pearl Jam
21. Incubus
22. Jane’s Addiction
23. The Smiths/Morrissey
24. Blink 182
25. Beck
26. The Ramones
27. Foo Fighters
28. Metallica
29. The Offspring
30. The Killers
31. Stone Temple Pilots
32. Social Distortion
33. 311
34. Violent Femmes
35. The White Stripes
36. Korn
37. The Police
38. Jimmy Eat World
39. Tool
40. Bad Religion
41. Soundgarden
42. Duran Duran
43. Guns N’ Roses
44. Dave Matthews Band
45. Alice In Chains
46. Oingo Boingo
47. Oasis
48. Bush
49. New Order
50. Pennywise
51. R.E.M.
52. The Strokes
53. Audioslave
54. Billy Idol
55. Rancid
56. Cypress Hill
57. AFI
58. Blondie
59. White Zombie/Rob Zombie
60. Jack Johnson
61. David Bowie
62. Marilyn Manson
63. The Pixies
64. Interpol
65. Queens Of The Stone Age
66. X
67. Cake
68. Muse
69. Live
70. Devo
71. Staind
72. The Sex Pistols
73. Sum 41
74. Talking Heads
75. My Chemical Romance
76. Hole
77. Psychedelic Furs
78. Blur/Gorillaz
79. Limp Bizkit
80. Dashboard Confessional
81. B52’s
82. The Cult
83. Modest Mouse
84. The Cars
85. The Chemical Brothers
86. The Used
87. Siouxsie & The Banshees
88. Hot Hot Heat
89. Echo And The Bunnymen
90. Everclear
91. Hoobastank
92. Garbage
93. Jet
94. The Pretenders
95. Fatboy Slim
96. MxPx
97. Franz Ferdinand
98. Dead Kennedy’s
99. A Perfect Circle
100. Tears For Fears
101. Faith No More
102. Velvet Revolver
103. English Beat
104. The Prodigy
105. Stone Roses
106. Primus
106.7. Creed

--KROQ

Depeche Mode do seem to be rising again, which is a good thing.

These "Best of All Times" lists are usually more reflective of the year the poll was conducted than any kind of indication of eternal greatness.

This is Green Day's year. They won Grammies, their songs are big hits. Its figures they would top the list

I fuckin love the way KROQ always does this but never ever plays U2. They always claim them as a KROQ band, and show up at the gigs with their stupid kiosks. Fuck KROQ!

Ladera Heights said:
I fuckin love the way KROQ always does this but never ever plays U2. They always claim them as a KROQ band, and show up at the gigs with their stupid kiosks. Fuck KROQ!

I hear you brother. Amen!

Zooropa man said:

I hear you brother. Amen!

Hallelujah!!

Now Indie 103 is better, despite the fact that neither the radio station nor U2 are indie. Indie 103 actually plays all U2, old and new, despite the Vertigo single release fake-out. Plus, Jonesy's Jukebox at lunch time is friggin the best radio show ever. Steve Jones is hilarious, in his dry-witted, working class British sort of way.

Ladera Heights said:

I grew up with KROQ and back in the days they would play a fair share of U2. BUt I would say the last decade or so they rarely play U2. They seem to kiss ass when there are in town but as soon as they leave so does the U2 music on KROQ. I just don't get it. I understand new music needs to be played thats fine. But how in the HELL can they play the same sublime, offspring, nirvana everyday!!!!!!!!!. I get the impression KROQ owes these artist something so they have to play them. :rant: Its pretty safe to say that the music director is not a U2 fan. KROQ really is medicore nowadays. For a while it sounded like it took over the heavy metal station. Those where some ruff days. As for the list U2 has to be the best overall. Depech hasn't done jack in long time. Dont even get me started on Nirvana. As for Green they had a great year last year. But overall better than U2? Not even close.

Number 4 huh?....Im a Green Day fan but I never thought they would be at #1...I was listening to this countdown waiting to hear what position U2 would be in but I got tired after The Cure..
KROQ does play a lot of Green Day though maybe the listeners do request them a lot....

By the way Im going tro see Green Day in Oct, before U2 In Nov! Oh and Depeche Mode is coming to town around Oct too, gotta see them!:wink:

greenday at #1? had it been any other year, they most likely wouldn't be.

typically nirvana would be ranked #1...depeche mode always ranks very high too...usually #2 or #3.

to be honest, i'm surprised that u2 ranked so high on their list because KROQ almost never plays their songs! hmmm...maybe it's cuz i voted for U2 several times :wink:

when i was listening this evening, they played vertigo, i will follow, one, sunday bloody sunday and streets. did KROQ play anything else?

Ladera Heights said:

Hallelujah!!

Now Indie 103 is better, despite the fact that neither the radio station nor U2 are indie. Indie 103 actually plays all U2, old and new, despite the Vertigo single release fake-out. Plus, Jonesy's Jukebox at lunch time is friggin the best radio show ever. Steve Jones is hilarious, in his dry-witted, working class British sort of way.

You are right! I have been listening to Indie and they do play a lot more U2 than KROQ does and I was never a fan of Nirvana:madspit:
I just dont know why Depeche Mode is at 3! I mean I remember when Depeche was HUGE with KROQ in the 80s ( I have recordings of Richard Blade totally kissing Depeche arse) but non the less that was the 80s!..

Oh well!:|

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...... funniest list ever.... Green Day, what a joke!!! 50 bands are better than Green Day.... can't believe R.E.M is number 51.....

Anyway..... who cares ?!

Ladera Heights said:

Hallelujah!!

I agree about playing U2 but Steve never plays them on his show. Maybe he is a sore loser because u2 beat his band to The R n'R Hall Of Fame. :yes: :yes: :wave:

I'll have to try 103 indie. Kroq does only seem to play U2 when they're getting ready for a tour but they are like that with most bands it seems. Except for Offspring seriously they play them constantly!

I only listen to Kevin & Bean anyways then I turn to my CD's:yes:

Jed the fish turns my stomach :sick:

Beatles, Stones, The Who, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Clash?

This poll is a joke without them.

U2girl said:
Beatles, Stones, The Who, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Clash?

This poll is a joke without them.

This was a vote for the KROQ biggest band of all time, not the biggest band of all time in general. KROQ doesn't play the Beatles, The Who, etc. so those bands weren't even in the running.

Bono's American Wife said:

This was a vote for the KROQ biggest band of all time, not the biggest band of all time in general. KROQ doesn't play the Beatles, The Who, etc. so those bands weren't even in the running.

That may be, but I think a poll on (any radio station) best band of all time that doesn't include arguably the most influential bands, isn't worth much. :shrug:

Last edited:
Bono's American Wife said:

'Biggest band of all time' seems like a silly thing to name a poll if you're not going to include the biggest bands of all time.

:shrug:

Back
Top Bottom