(05-28-2005) Live on MTV This Weekend -- U2.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
Live on MTV This Weekend

MTV News have had a crew on the road with U2 this week.

Tune in this weekend for a unique flavour of life on the road with Vertigo '05 - including an interview with the band on Vertigo Air.

Here's what we have on broadcast times - all times are local.

Sat 5/28: 6.50am

Sun 5/29: 5.50am, 11.50am, 8.50pm

Mon 5/30: 5.50am, 7.50am, .950am

Tues 5/31: 12.50am, 5.50am, 6.50am, 7.50am, 9.50am, 3.50pm

--U2.com

6:50am? christ MTV.. couldn't find it in your schedule of crappy shows to give U2 Live a better Saturday time slot?

I'm pretty sure it's just a lil segment on the MTV News briefs, which com on at "10 to the hour, every hour". so it'll probably be 30 second clip or something. That would also account for the odd times.

I saw it. It was an MTV news thing. It was a couple of minutes of John Norris on the vertigo plane interviewing Bono and Adam and some footage from Boston :drool:

one4u2 said:
I saw it. It was an MTV news thing. It was a couple of minutes of John Norris on the vertigo plane interviewing Bono and Adam and some footage from Boston :drool:

I taped the one earlier this morning and Edge was interviewed too. I havent' watch the other one yet to see if it was any different.

arw9797 said:

I taped the one earlier this morning and Edge was interviewed too. I havent' watch the other one yet to see if it was any different.

I must be really tired! I'm pretty sure its the same :wink:

Did they say something interesting about the European tour maybe?

one4u2 said:

I must be really tired! I'm pretty sure its the same :wink:

I have a radar for :edge: If he's not in it I tend to lose interest. :sexywink:

Yeah it's the same. I should have figured MTV would play the same thing over and over instead of it being something different each time......

:mad:

Caught it this morning at 4:50 am. (Yes! set the alarm) Knew it was on the news segment. Honestly don't remember what all was said. The concert footage seemed good however.
Just got home and will look at it at 7:50 (central). :wink:

Bono's shades said:
So are the times listed Eastern Standard Time?

Yes. I saw it twice this morning before I went to work..
Listen to cd's untill I see the MTV news thing come up then I take it off mute. Unless there's a video I want to watch (which there are very few of) :wink:

Has anyone seen the commercial for a new show coming up on HBO called Entourage?
Just wondering because "All Because of You" :up: is playing while they show the commercial.
I've caught part(s) of it (the commercial) twice but don't know when it airs or what the show is all about.

I might actually watch this tonight...12:50 am is the first reasonable time I could catch this, without waking up in the middle of the night or sitting home in the middle of the day on a weekend in the summa! Hope it's not like the sucky Vh1 special which I took 50 minutes out of my life to watch (the only good parts were the band interviews and bono singing "a rockstar is a person in your neighborhood"). and then I of course missed the live bits at the end because my stupid friend was hysterical about something on the phone...grr.
:wink:

sue4u2 said:
Has anyone seen the commercial for a new show coming up on HBO called Entourage?
Just wondering because "All Because of You" :up: is playing while they show the commercial.
I've caught part(s) of it (the commercial) twice but don't know when it airs or what the show is all about.

Yeah, I noticed that. One of the episodes of that show (maybe the season premiere) was filmed at one of the shows in LA if I recall correctly.

The times listed for the MTV News segments are local (meaning wherever you are in the US, the segment will air at the time listed). Also, "Entourage" did tape an episode at one of the LA shows. Read our news story here.

did anyone tape this or have some way they can share it? I missed it and would really like to see it.

Back
Top Bottom