(01-18-2005) Anton Corbijn's 'U2 & I' Out in February -- Net Music Countdown*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
Anton Corbijn's "U2 & I" Out in February
Photographer Corbijn to release U2 photo book Feb. 11.

By Krista Desens

NEW YORK, NY Tuesday Jan.18.2005 /netmusiccountdown.com/ --

Photographer Anton Corbijn has been taking pictures of U2 for over two decades. His photography can be seen in almost all U2 albums starting with 1983's "War." Now, Corbijn and Munich-based publishers Schirmer/Mosel are getting ready to release "U2 & i" –- a 416-page hardcover book filled with nearly 400 photographs Corbijn took of the Irish rock band from 1982 through 2004. "U2 & i," which hits stores on February 11, also includes an interview with Corbijn and Bono and text contributions from REM's Michael Stipe, President Bill Clinton and Salman Rushdie, among others. Corbijn's handwritten notes serve as photo captions for the pictures.

According to U2.com, the book records "the public and private face of the band, the long-standing friendship between Bono, The Edge, Adam Clayton, Larry Mullen and Corbijn, the ways in which they provided mutual inspiration, while shedding one image for another in a process of ongoing self-transformation."

For more information on Anton Corbijn's "U2 & i," visit http://www.u2-corbijn.com/start.html.

Back
Top Bottom