(01-06-2005) U2 in Chile Confirmed - Interference.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
(01-06-2006) U2 in Chile Confirmed - Interference.com*

U2 in Chile Confirmed

The long-rumored U2 tour date in Chile on February 26 at Estadio Nacional in Santiago has finally been confirmed, according to news source Terra.cl today. Tickets go onsale Wednesday, January 11th.

Interference member pepokiss has been kind enough to pass on the following information for us:

"The closest part of the stage called Golden Circle will not be available for access with bought tickets "because is determined by the band criteria," according to the tour producer's press release.

The ticket prices are:

- Pacífico Medio Centro: 175 mil // 335 USD
- Pacífico Alto: 140 mil // 268 USD
- Galería: 18 mil // 35 USD
- Cancha: 32 mil // 61 USD (GA)
- Pacífico Lateral: 32 mil // 61 USD
- Andes: 54 mil // 103 USD
- Pacífico Baja Norte Sur: 90 mil. // 172 USD"

Thanks pepokiss!

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like next week is going to be another busy one for U2 show announcements, confirmations and ticket announcements and sales! Wow! Dejavu of this time last year! :wink:

are those the definitive prices ? :scream:

I can´t believe how come f*** DG Medios price more than TWICE what we paid in 1998 :rant:
(we paid $15000 for field that time)

Very dissapointed :(

the HIGHEST ticket price of the entire tour....

maybe they want to win a price from Sebastian :censored: Clayton

you can't begin to imagine how pissed off w are here in Chile...

I mean... with the rumors that Brasil will be as high as us, we get the feeling that between Chile and Brasil are paying for them to play in Argentina...

this is not against argentina, but still, we feel really bad... 175.000 pesos is 1 1/2 minimum wage here....

hell, going to GA in Chile, argentina, maybe a stands ticket for the 3rd argentinian show and the bus to go to argentina and come back cost me LESS that the 175.000 pesos ticket... so, for even less money I'll be seeing 2-3 shows...

Last edited:
Yes, those are the prices. I was at the press conference and that info is 100% oficial. I'm really pissed off with the lack of information with the tickets and the entrance to the "inner" or "golden" circle. I went to see U2 in Chicago and paid $45 US dollars for my GA ticket. The prices for Chile are way high. The most expensive ticket in Argentina, Mexico and Chile are the following:

Argentina: 47.000 Chilean pesos //
Mexico: 98.000 Chilean pesos //
Chile: 175.000 Chilean pesos //

(One US dollar 520 is Chilean pesos aprox. Do the match)

For brazil they said at the conference that there will be 2 concerts. So just wait for a little while.... Good Luck with the prices!!!!

335 USD is ridiculious... wonder where those seat are, and how many they are compared to the other tickets?

But 61 USD for general admission ain't so bad right?

I paid 73 euro's (88 USD) for my GA tickets in Amsterdam..

Vero_Croft said:
For brazil they said at the conference that there will be 2 concerts. So just wait for a little while.... Good Luck with the prices!!!!
:happy: Which conference was that? :ohmy: Oh man I hope it's not too expensive, I mean I already will need a lot of money to pay to go to Sao Paulo and to find a place to stay. :ohmy:

u2boy_nl said:
335 USD is ridiculious... wonder where those seat are, and how many they are compared to the other tickets?

But 61 USD for general admission ain't so bad right?

I paid 73 euro's (88 USD) for my GA tickets in Amsterdam..

F439150_mapa.jpg

I know. I would pay 335 USD and more for U2 but the thing is that those seats are at the side of the stage. Still great seats but not for that price specially compared to the prices in Argentina and Mexico for the same location.

*In Chile the average money made by each person a year is 7.000 USD.

The prices are way too bad for this country.

"The closest part of the stage called Golden Circle will not be available for access with bought tickets "because is determined by the band criteria," according to the tour producer's press release.

What does this mean?

biff said:

What does this mean?

good question:crazy:

TheBrazilianFly said:

:happy: Which conference was that? :ohmy: Oh man I hope it's not too expensive, I mean I already will need a lot of money to pay to go to Sao Paulo and to find a place to stay. :ohmy:

Seems that you don´t subscribe Ultraviolet (in case you´re interested: http://www.ultraviolet-u2.com - I´m in charge of the news section). Yesterday a promoter´s press release was posted at the list, including details about the kind of tickets we´ll have and the prices, and of course confirming the dates for São Paulo as Feb 20th and 21st. A press conference with the promoters and sponsours are scheduled for this Tuesday 10th.

MT

A bit off topic, but I did the math for Brasil, if that press release is correct (yesterday´s exchange rate):

field (your GA): R$ 180,00 / US$ 78, 82
stands: R$ 160,00 / US$ 70,10
something called Espaço Pão de Açúcar Emotion (don´t ask me what the hell is that): R$ 380,00 / US$ 166,48
something called Hot Area (again I have no idea on what the hell is that): R$ 1.000,00 / US$ 438,12
Students may pay half the price here. That helps to explain why the regular tickets are more expensive, but it sucks, one way or the other.

MT

biff said:

What does this mean?

I was trying to figure that out as well. Maybe it's just an awkward translation that really means the lottery? :shrug: :(

biff said:

What does this mean?

1 - maybe there'll be some guest form the band (i don't know who they may be)

2 - Coca Cola is sponsoring, and are making a promotion of 200 golden circle tickets, some others for GALERIA and I don't know what else

3 - DG Medios will give away (or has, aparently) some tickets, to friends and family (you know, "fans", than only know WOWY)

4 - Rock And Pop radio will have contests to give away tickets, maybe regular tickets, but they can also have golden circle tickets

those are the thing that ARE going to happen...

so the band criteria maybe the lottery (that I find much just that those 4 points I just said), or the "3000 people, no more" thing, like in Europe

is Chile the only country that has had contest to enter that area? any other european conutry that had something like that going on?

I can't believe it

Im really angry and dissapointed at the local producer and u2 managment, for those really expensive ticket (I only paid the half for andes in 98), for the golden circle policy, when is just one concert only...I mean CocaCola contest??Radio Contest??who will win those tickets??

...so the thing is we will pay hard for a ticket with NO choice to get in line first to get a great position in GA, then some people that dont really necesary is a u2 fan by definition as we are, people that wasn't wait for EIGHT YEARS TO COMEBACK, can get those tickets for free....just for luck...it's a shame...I feel dissapointed...EIGHTS YEARS WAITING TO PAY REALLY HIGH PRICES...and with the chance to get REALLY LAME SEATS....whatever you're paying for.....

Shame on dgmedios and U2 managment....

Re: I can't believe it

DG Medios must know we are so upset :mad: please send an e-mail to them ! :rant:

I already did it ;) (check above for the e-mail)

Peace :wave:

From U2.com, Chile and Hawai confirmed.

Vertigo 06 For Santiago and Honolulu

U2 will head to Chile next month and then to Hawai in April. These are the latest dates to be announced for Vertigo '06 and tickets for both shows go on sale later this week.

The band will play at the Nacional Stadium in Santiago on February 26th with tickets going onsale this Wednesday.

And they will play the Aloha Stadium, in Honolulu, Hawaii on April 8th with tickets on sale from this Saturday.

As soon as we have prices and ticket-sale links for these shows we'll bring them to you.

This will be the first time the band have played in Chile since February 1998 and the PopMart Tour. And it is twenty years since the band last played Hawai, on The Unforgettable Fire Tour way back in March 1985.

I hope they announce the concerts in Brasil this Monday or Tuesday.

MT

Back
Top Bottom