Is Bono making any money on his little side adventures?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Man

ONE love, blood, life
Now, for instance, on January 23., he is to give a speech about "The Trade Problem" for business executives only here in Copenhagen. Business executives who are members of a certain club with a quite expensive membership fee. My dear right wing brother-in-law told me I was extremely naive ( :sad: ), if I thought he came by for free. What's your thoughts/knowledge?

Last edited:
I think it depends on where and whom he's meeting. If he's been invited to speak, then it is customary to at least pay for travel and lodging. Even I've had such an offer (although I had to decline it). At Bono's level, he may be offered a payment too. Of course, whether he accepts it is something we won't know. Or if he accepts it and then promptly donates it, as was already suggested, may be an alternative.

However, if Bono is going places to essentially "preach", then this is most likely at his own expense. For example, I doubt in the early days of DATA or Jubilee anyone was paying him for anything. That may still hold true today. Why would any government pay for Bono to tell them to cancel a debt and give more $$? LOL! So it may be your brother-in-law who is more naive.

Back
Top Bottom