dredg.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AtomicBono

ONE love, blood, life
The Pariah, The Parrot, The Delusion may just be my favourite album of 2009 so far. I've always loved Dredg's work, but I've never cared for any of their albums in full - however, this new one appeals to me very strongly as a complete album and it has no dud tracks in my opinion.

Never got the El Cielo hype; it remains my least favourite. Until The Pariah, etc. came along, Leitmotif was my favourite. Symbol Song, Penguins In The Desert, and Yatahaze fucking slay.

Leitmotif is indeed badass. Agree on Symbol Song, Penguins, and Yatahaze. I'd throw Lechium in there too.

El Cielo doesn't have as many outstanding songs individually, but I think it works really well as an album.

Catch Without Arms might actually be my favourite Dredg album, though I haven't listened to it all the way through in forever. But yeah, the latest one is pretty good. At first I was underwhelmed, but it's been growing on me a lot. Information, I Don't Know, and Cartoon Showroom are really fantastic. The rockier stuff doesn't rock as much as Leitmotif imo, but I think the album really shines with the poppier stuff.

you know, i'm glad you started this thread. i am a HUGE fan of their new album. they did such a great job on this!

yes, i love them. New album is ace. they were supposed to be going down under for the 1st time and do some shows with Karnivool, but it ain't happening sadly.

they are however, going to be filming a show for DVD in Germany next week.

I need to check this band out more. I've only heard one of their new songs, but I love it.

Back
Top Bottom