Death Cab for Cutie - Narrow Stairs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
this has leaked. while i won't provide any links, it shouldn't be too hard to find.

it is the real deal by the way, and pretty good. :)

i've listened to the album 4 times now. i must say that i'm pleasantly surprised. i thought it would be a victim to its own hype, but they really put out a good album!

I like it :up: I'm not crazy about it, but I'm a casual Death Cab fan. its pretty much what id want from a Death Cab release.

I only listened to Bixby Canyon Bridge. I liked it, but I'm just still not impressed enough with the sound quality. It's only a week more, so I might just wait until I can pick it up on vinyl Tuesday.

Death Cab are on Letterman tomorrow to coincide with the album's release! :up:

Pretty positive and good review on Allmusic:

Review

So I need to get this then? I forgot all about it until I saw it at Starbucks this morning. I loved their last two records.

joyfulgirl said:
So I need to get this then? I forgot all about it until I saw it at Starbucks this morning. I loved their last two records.

I actually haven't listened it yet! :shifty:

GAF, I also thought it was cool that Dave responded so positively. It's odd to say, that is honestly one of the reasons I still prefer Conan and Letterman to Leno. Conan and Dave both act like they actually listen to the artists performing and will give genuine sounding compliments when it's deserved. Leno always acts like he was in the back eating cookies during the perfomance, no matter who's playing.

I never did get around to listening to the leak I'd downloaded, but now that it's out, I guess I'll just buy it and delete the other copy. :shifty:

GirlsAloudFan said:

Hey, u2popmofo....you are awesome with a capital A.

vitaleko9.jpg
?

Okay, gave it a full listen. I dig it. There isn't anything on there as annoying (or lamely-titled) as Soul Meets Body, but on the last couple tracks I kind of tuned out.

Really liked Bixby, No Sunlight, Cath, Grapevine Fires (not the best song as people have said, though), and Long Division. The rougher guitar sound is very appealing.

Not sure if there's anything I like as much as Marching Bands of Manhattan, but that's only after 1 listen.

My favs right now are probably:

Bixby Canyon Bridge
I Will Possess Your Heart
Talking Bird
Your New Twin Sized Bed

I'm actually enjoying the entire album so far though, which is a good thing.

I picked it up over the weekend and have given it a few listens now. I think it's a really good, solid record, just what we've come to expect from Death Cab. Nothing new and nothing truly exceptional, imo, but very nice. I like it, don't love it.

joyfulgirl said:
I think it's a really good, solid record, just what we've come to expect from Death Cab. Nothing new and nothing truly exceptional, imo, but very nice. I like it, don't love it.

I'd have to agree with your assessment.

What are your favorite songz?

u2popmofo said:

What are your favorite songz?

Bixby (has a great climax) and I Will Possess Your Heart are easily the standout tracks for me.

No Sunlight is kind of classic catchy Death Cab...but I might get tired of it.

And I like Your New Twin-Sized Bed a lot.

I think Long Division is the song I like the least. It's got a great feel but I find the "remain remain remainder" part a little annoying.

That's where I am right now with it.

Did you see this? :)
http://www.blackcabsessions.com/sessions.php#

So Death Cab are playing here on Monday. Somehow, we have an added artist to the billing here, and the show will be:

Tegan & Sara
Rogue Wave
Death Cab

I honestly would pay to see either of the openers just by themselves, but all three?! Way too good to pass up. Now to find some other people to go...

Just gooo. I go alone all the time. Even at Radiohead martha & I didn't have seats together and I sat beside a nice guy who was there alone. Cool people do cool stuff alone sometimes.

I go to shows solo pretty often on the smaller type groups that no one else I'm friends with likes, but this should be pretty easy to find people to come. Death Cab had the #1 album in the nation last week for heaven sake! Plus, the show's on a holiday. :up:

Well, then, never mind. Gather and go!

they gathered in spriiiiiiiiiiing

Last edited:
:D

I knew you'd get it.

This morning during the long coffee wait at the drive-thru I was diggin Cath. In fact, I think I now actually love the first 4 songs.

Then a friend called me all bragging about how he's going to go see them at Red Rocks next week and why don't I come up. No can do. :grumpy:

Back
Top Bottom