:rejectbox:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zonelistener

ONE love, blood, life
I feel like I alienate people. I really try to live under the principle of "treat others how you want to be treated," yet, I always feel like people are being cold to me or that I am too overwhelming for people. Ugh.

Main Entry: alien?ate
Pronunciation: 'A-lE-&-"nAt, 'Al-y&-
Function: transitive verb
Inflected Form(s): -at?ed; -at?ing
Date: circa 1509
1 : to make unfriendly, hostile, or indifferent where attachment formerly existed
2 : to convey or transfer (as property or a right) usually by a specific act rather than the due course of law
3 : to cause to be withdrawn or diverte

Lenny, zoney...kind of goes together...do you like to touch soft things???

Seriously though...no who you are or what you do, there will still be people who don't like you. Just remember that.

zonelistener said:
I feel like I alienate people. I really try to live under the principle of "treat others how you want to be treated," yet, I always feel like people are being cold to me or that I am too overwhelming for people. Ugh.

I feel like that everyday too:|

Bonochick said:
Lenny, zoney...kind of goes together...do you like to touch soft things???

"George....George tell me about the alfalfa patch George"

:lol:

I think you are nice Zoney! :hug: I ignore the ppl in school, the ones I dont like :|

It's what I dream about all night, and what I think about all day.
Something small, not growed up yet, something soft with fur
that I could tend and love, that I could call my own.

joyfulgirl said:
"aloof" is what they call me

:reject:

:lmao: Sorry, didn't mean to laugh at you, but this person who said I'm antisocial and unapproachable, is the same person who's been branded as aloof.

I like being aloof. I like keeping my distance from people until I decide whether or not they are joyfulgirl-worthy. :lol:

But antisocial is a whole other thing. Antisocial people tend to be hostile and rude. I doubt you're that, dizzy.

:hug: Zoney, you did not alienate me at all when I met you - keep in mind you ran away from the front row ;) , just kidding... But seriously, that's crazy if people feel alienated by you. It's their loss for judging...and they must be pretty inept at personality judging anyway... :tsk:

I hate how everyone gets catogorized as something they aren't. People think I'm conceited and aloof and mean...I don't intend to act that way at all, but I've had SO many people tell me that. I guess it's the shy thing.

Dizzy, you are NONE of those things, that's ridiculous. :mad: And Megan, i know we've had this talk before about personalities...

i think we need to put all these dumbass people who can't tell a great person when they meet one in the reject box.

Last edited:
hmmm

this is an interesting thread and I wasnt going to respond..but hell I am just in one of those moods so Im going to say this..

..you can alienate yourself or someone else for that matter very easily..you know to let someone know you care or you are a friend or whatever the case may be...is very easy to do..it only takes a minute...

Sorry but this just strikes me as funny because I have always said that it only matters how you treat others around you..and if they do not return that same courtesy then its their loss..but at the same time..there are some people who you just refuse to give up on..see I think sometimes you alienate people as well although that may not be your intent..but to be treated kindly is to treat the other with the same amount of kindness..not just when it is convenient to do so..and with that Ive said my piece and will be gone like the wind...Jeff, you know I consider you a dear friend..but sometimes you make it difficult...:wink:

Back
Top Bottom