Not Again Please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zuropa_fit

Blue Crack Addict
So um, where to begin?

When I was 4 my mom died. I had 3 half sisters, one of which this post is about. We'll call her S. She was 14 when this happened. We didn't have a father to speak of so we went to live with my aunt. I was adopted and S lived with my aunt until she was 18. She dropped out of high school her senior year and basically ran away. I'd get a letter or phone call from her every few weeks, sometimes months. Until I was 14. Then nothing.

Then 3 years ago, my phone rang. You guessed it - it was S. Out of the blue, 18 years since the last time. We started communicating through letters and emails. She's married to a soldier serving in Iraq and didn't have a lot of friends so a couple of cousins and I would get lots of emails from S, sometimes 3 times a day.

Then on her husband's last leave, he talked about leaving her (he's so fucked up from 3 tours in Iraq, who knows what he's thinking). Her emails were less frequent then stopped altogether. I got a letter from her about a month ago. That's the last anyone's heard of her. Her 'husband' has tried calling and there's just a busy tone.

She's had suicidal thoughts before.

My cousin's trying to contact the Army to have them send someone out to check on her. Another cousin's going to call the police in S's town.

I'm not sure what the point of this is but I needed to get it out. I'm worried. After not having her in my life for so long, I got used to it. It didn't bother me at all. Then, she became such a big presence in my life when she came back. She PROMISED she wouldn't ever do just leave again. I know that sounds like something a child would say but she did; she promised.

I'm sorry for your pain and worry. I hope you receive good news and she is ok. :hug:

Thanks again guys. I got an email from her husband. I let him know she's okay but he still hasn't heard from her. He's pretty worried. The whole thing is just so weird. I'm thinking about buying her a cell phone if I can afford it.

So yesterday I got a letter from her. In it was another envelope. The letter said "Will you hold on to these for awhile. Yes, you can look. PS - nobody else needs to know you have these." In the smaller envelope were her and her husbands' wedding rings.

I have absolutely no idea of what to make of that.

:hug:
that is worrisome....but maybe she is thinking by keeping them safe --they wouldn't get deliberately thrown away in a fit of rage......as they perhaps try and work things out.
these excessive tours are hell on everyone one involeved. :(

Back
Top Bottom